Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Four Seasons Bangalore

Four Seasons Bangalore

Old Dec 1, 19, 7:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH HON
Four Seasons Bangalore

Have to go to BLR next year. I was thinking to book the Four Seasons as itís brand new and the reviews seem to be good so far. My biggest concern is traffic to the center of the city. Would it be horrendous from where the Four Seasons is located?

Because of how bad the traffic can be, I think the Ritz or the ITC are better situated as theyíre walking distance to where I have to be. But I donít mind a 20 minute drive to and from the four seasons. If thereís a 1 hour drive, thatís another problem...
Old Dec 1, 19, 3:35 pm
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club, Dorchester Diamond Club, Travel Leaders
I'd just use google maps and see the driving time between the FS (vs. RC and ITC) and your downtown location at the hours you'd need to do the drive.
Old Dec 1, 19, 3:40 pm

Haven't stayed at the FS but have been to Bangalore several times for work. I strongly encourage you to stay nearby to your office given the unpredictability and severity of traffic. What seems like it could be a 20-minute drive on Google Maps can quickly become 90 minutes if your luck turns.

I have stayed at the RC and enjoyed it - was a perfectly fine accommodation for a business trip.
Old Dec 1, 19, 3:43 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DavidO View Post
I'd just use google maps and see the driving time between the FS (vs. RC and ITC) and your downtown location at the hours you'd need to do the drive.
So I did do that because Iím a millennial and know how to use the internet. Was asking about experiences, especially since Bangalore traffic doesnít necessarily align with google predictions.
Old Dec 2, 19, 7:40 am

Originally Posted by kurl View Post
Haven't stayed at the FS but have been to Bangalore several times for work. I strongly encourage you to stay nearby to your office given the unpredictability and severity of traffic. What seems like it could be a 20-minute drive on Google Maps can quickly become 90 minutes if your luck turns.

I have stayed at the RC and enjoyed it - was a perfectly fine accommodation for a business trip.
Originally Posted by sophialite View Post
Have to go to BLR next year. I was thinking to book the Four Seasons as itís brand new and the reviews seem to be good so far. My biggest concern is traffic to the center of the city. Would it be horrendous from where the Four Seasons is located?

Because of how bad the traffic can be, I think the Ritz or the ITC are better situated as theyíre walking distance to where I have to be. But I donít mind a 20 minute drive to and from the four seasons. If thereís a 1 hour drive, thatís another problem...
I would not stay at 4S if the Ritz was no more than a few minutes walk to the location of work. The traffic is just so unpredictable and unless you are taking the hotel car it would be unpleasant no matter how you cut it compared to a very short walk. Ritz is fine, my sense from a visit a several years ago is that it is nicer than the ITC. I felt that it was more like a strong JW Marriott property if that makes sense as a comparison. I think there is also more around the RC in terms of life vs the rather sterile/luxury mall where the 4S is located.
Old Dec 2, 19, 9:26 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Fly_IAD View Post
I would not stay at 4S if the Ritz was no more than a few minutes walk to the location of work. The traffic is just so unpredictable and unless you are taking the hotel car it would be unpleasant no matter how you cut it compared to a very short walk. Ritz is fine, my sense from a visit a several years ago is that it is nicer than the ITC. I felt that it was more like a strong JW Marriott property if that makes sense as a comparison. I think there is also more around the RC in terms of life vs the rather sterile/luxury mall where the 4S is located.
Thank you. This is very helpful.
Fly_IAD likes this.
Old Dec 2, 19, 9:59 am

Originally Posted by sophialite View Post
Thank you. This is very helpful.

I double checked and I stayed at the older ITC Windsor and didnt realize there is what appears to be the much newer (and solely based on website much nicer looking) ITC Gardenia. Were you looking at the Gardenia property? If so (and again solely based on website) this looks nicer than the hard product at the Ritz. You may be much more familiar with BLR than I but in case not, I didnt find it to be a walkable city (I am fit and have spent time in major Indian cities). I found even in the commercial areas compared to my multiple experiences in Dehli or Mumbai that it just didnt make sense to walk. BLR sidewalks were very limited and there was much less order than say trying to talk around areas of New Dehli if that makes sense where the roads also seemed in better condition. Perhaps its worth finding out if the ITC Gardenia is indeed nicer than the Ritz (or for that matter even closer to where you need to be)!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: