Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Four Seasons Beverly Hills (not wilshire) VS Waldorf Astoria Beverly Hills

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2019, 10:14 am
Original Poster

Four Seasons Beverly Hills (not wilshire) VS Waldorf Astoria Beverly Hills

Would love to hear your thoughts. For a week's vacation with our 10 months old.
Location is also important for us - great restaurants at a walking distance mainly.
We thought about the Beverly Hills hotel, however it seems to be not child friendly. (Am I right?)
Old Oct 20, 2019, 11:30 am
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Originally Posted by Shelley83
Would love to hear your thoughts. For a week's vacation with our 10 months old.
Location is also important for us - great restaurants at a walking distance mainly.
We thought about the Beverly Hills hotel, however it seems to be not child friendly. (Am I right?)
Welcome to Flyertalk,Shelley83. The Waldorf Astoria is definitely the better choice in terms of convenience. You can walk to nearly every good restaurant in BH, from the fanciest to most casual. Assume your little one will be in a stroller, so rest assured that you can comfortably walk anywhere. You are also close to department stores which have large bathrooms with changing tables (e.g. Neiman Marcus).
BESVISOR likes this.
Old Oct 20, 2019, 12:30 pm
Original Member

The Beverly Hills Hotel is one of the most child-friendly hotels in LA! Staff are kindly considerate of kids and the pool is great. P,us, lots of outdoor room to roam, the coffee shop with fountain treats, etc. Maybe you were thinking of the Hotel Bel Air? I definitely wouldn’t take a kid there.
BESVISOR likes this.
Old Oct 20, 2019, 2:01 pm
formerly htang333
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
Shelley83 While I'm normally a FS fan and less of WA, for BH, I'd highly suggest staying at the WA over the FS.
Really like the hard product of WA and it's family friendly as well. Love having the balcony. Location is good. Though, I'm not a fan of the drive way to the entrance. Nonetheless, a great property and have booked other families here and had great feedback. Should be a great stay for you guys
obscure2k likes this.
Old Oct 21, 2019, 11:49 pm

Programs: QF CL
Originally Posted by KatW
The Beverly Hills Hotel is one of the most child-friendly hotels in LA! Staff are kindly considerate of kids and the pool is great. P,us, lots of outdoor room to roam, the coffee shop with fountain treats, etc. Maybe you were thinking of the Hotel Bel Air? I definitely wouldn’t take a kid there.
BH Hotel is excellent with children IME but not all guests poolside necessarily are...

The Bel Air is also excellent with children. I just took my own there a couple ofweeks ago.
Old Nov 20, 2020, 12:24 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Dusting off an old thread. Any DP's on the Four Seasons vs. WA Beverly Hills?
Old Nov 20, 2020, 9:15 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA Plat, Skywards Plat, Amex Centurion, JPMC Palladium, SPG Plat, Jetsmarter
I wouldn't choose either hotel to be honest. Well within the price range of the two hotels you mentioned, the top 2 contenders are The Beverly Hills Hotel and The Maybourne Beverly HIlls (formerly the Montage).

Pros and Cons -
BHH: The best restaurants in Beverly Hills are located at this hotel (Polo Lounge, Cabana Cafe and Fountain Coffee Room). Very very kid friendly... Don't know where you heard it wasn't. Location wise, nothing is within walking distance because it is north of the Flats, right on Sunset. The heart of Beverly Hills is only about a 5 minute car ride max.

The Maybourne: Newly rebranded hotel that formerly was the Montage - which was already a top quality hotel. It's now owned by the London based Maybourne Hotel Group, hence the name (Claridge's, Connaught, The Berkeley - easily among the best hotels in the World). This hotel is in the heart of Beverly Hills on Canon and Beverly Drive. The best restaurants in BH are on Canon (E. Baldi, Il Pastaio, Wally's, etc.) Rodeo Drive is a minute walk away. The hotel is also located right next to the Beverly Canon Garden, which is very beautiful and kid friendly. The rooftop at the hotel is also amazing. Their spa is also the best in all of LA's hotels.

All in all, both are great. The BHH is more of a resort. I live between LA for the most part of the year and London, but I stay at the BHH occasionally for staycations to unwind, relax and change of scenery.
If friends come over from out of town, I always recommend The Montage (which is now The Maybourne) - mainly because everything is within walking distance from the hotel. The hotel also have courtesy car service that take you around town for free to West Hollywood or wherever within 5 miles of the hotel. Last time they had a Maybach and before that 2 Rolls Royce's, so don't know what car they have now.

I'd recommend renting a car in LA. LA is not very "walk friendly." I mean, it's not New York City, so definitely recommend renting a car or getting Uber's. Driving Makes LA more fun tho.
Old Nov 20, 2020, 10:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Jason85
I wouldn't choose either hotel to be honest. Well within the price range of the two hotels you mentioned, the top 2 contenders are The Beverly Hills Hotel and The Maybourne Beverly HIlls (formerly the Montage).

Pros and Cons -
BHH: The best restaurants in Beverly Hills are located at this hotel (Polo Lounge, Cabana Cafe and Fountain Coffee Room). Very very kid friendly... Don't know where you heard it wasn't. Location wise, nothing is within walking distance because it is north of the Flats, right on Sunset. The heart of Beverly Hills is only about a 5 minute car ride max.

I think it is fair to say that if people come from a walking city, then the BHH is 100% walking distance to the restaurants on Canon, etc in Beverly Hills. It is just not an interesting walk. But from the BHH to Il Pastaio for instance is exactly 1.1 miles - not exactly unwalkable.
Old Nov 23, 2020, 11:11 pm

I actually really like the WA in Beverly Hills. A great hard product with great service--if WA can apply this to the rest of its uneven and even confusing collection of properties under the WA flag, they would be on par with the FS, MO, ect.

However, the other properties in BH have their strengths as well.

. I live between LA for the most part of the year and London
I'm jealous. How much time do you split between the two?
MarkP24 likes this.
Old Nov 29, 2020, 12:39 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum

Pros and Cons -

The Maybourne: Newly rebranded hotel that formerly was the Montage - which was already a top quality hotel. It's now owned by the London based Maybourne Hotel Group, hence the name (Claridge's, Connaught, The Berkeley - easily among the best hotels in the World). This hotel is in the heart of Beverly Hills on Canon and Beverly Drive. The best restaurants in BH are on Canon (E. Baldi, Il Pastaio, Wally's, etc.) Rodeo Drive is a minute walk away. The hotel is also located right next to the Beverly Canon Garden, which is very beautiful and kid friendly. The rooftop at the hotel is also amazing. Their spa is also the best in all of LA's hotels.

All in all, both are great. The BHH is more of a resort. I live between LA for the most part of the year and London, but I stay at the BHH occasionally for staycations to unwind, relax and change of scenery.
If friends come over from out of town, I always recommend The Montage (which is now The Maybourne) - mainly because everything is within walking distance from the hotel. The hotel also have courtesy car service that take you around town for free to West Hollywood or wherever within 5 miles of the hotel. Last time they had a Maybach and before that 2 Rolls Royce's, so don't know what car they have now.

I'd recommend renting a car in LA. LA is not very "walk friendly." I mean, it's not New York City, so definitely recommend renting a car or getting Uber's. Driving Makes LA more fun tho.
I've decided that I want to try to use points (so eliminating the Four Seasons) and as the Waldorf allows me to do so, I'm leaning in that direction (especially as a Hilton Diamond) at 95k Hilton points. Any thoughts on that vs. the Andaz West Hollywood which is 20k Hyatt points (and I have no status)?

Room rate is about $700 for WA vs. $200 for the Andaz.

Location is not as important, although I do prefer the Beverly Hills area.

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.