FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Luxury Hotels and Travel (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxury-hotels-travel-220/)
-   -   Four Seasons Golden Triangle or Capella Ubud? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxury-hotels-travel/1991590-four-seasons-golden-triangle-capella-ubud.html)

A380 Flyer Oct 16, 2019 11:04 am

Four Seasons Golden Triangle or Capella Ubud?

With the exception of the elephants, the scenery (and in some ways the design of the villas/tents) is basically the same at both resorts right?
But which is more luxurious - and which is better value for money?

BESVISOR Oct 16, 2019 6:31 pm

Originally Posted by A380 Flyer (Post 31634864)
With the exception of the elephants, the scenery (and in some ways the design of the villas/tents) is basically the same at both resorts right?

Can't speak to Capella Ubud much (typically go with Mandapa or Amandari in Ubud) but FS Tented Camp has always been highly regarded. I've only had great feedback on FS Tented Camp.
Depending on your timing, FSPP can offer a 4th night free + upgrade at booking + all inclusive nature (include 90 min spa treatment per person, per stay), the value might seem favorable under those circumstances.

A4K Oct 16, 2019 7:04 pm

The two places could not be more different other than both being in Southeast Asia. The FS is very isolated, while Ubud is, well not. I haven't stayed at the Capella but it isn't far from Ubud town.

Also Thai and Balinese culture are so different. I would ask yourself first where you want to go, then pick the hotel.

What time of year? That could answer the question for you, the two have opposite dry seasons.

broadwayboy Oct 16, 2019 8:45 pm

You might want to see pictures of Capella Ubud first before considering this property.

TheBrownPrince Oct 17, 2019 2:39 am

Please see my earlier review of Capella Ubud from this thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxu...indonesia.html

With the benefit of time (both experiences were over a year ago), my final verdict is this. Capella was a more enjoyable/pleasurable stay but FS Tented Camp was more special and memorable. If I could choose only one, I'd go with FS. I'd still recommend to do both ;-P
Oh and I'd echo Besvisor in recommending Mandapa. We tried it out as well and the property is breathtaking.

vuittonsofstyle Oct 17, 2019 9:37 am

Both these resorts were designed by Bill Bensley, which is why you can see a similarity. In all other respects, they are quite different experiences - not to be compared one with another. Personally, I like FS Tented Camp.

chinmoylad Oct 17, 2019 1:30 pm

If you're just looking for an off the grid tented camp rather than the any specific destination/activities etc, also consider the Shinta Mani Wild tented camp in the middle of nowhere in Cambodia. Also Bill Bensely of course...

Anlun Oct 17, 2019 2:32 pm

We stayed at FS Tented Camp as part of our honeymoon and loved it (see my trip report for more info). The main highlight is the elephants, and I'm not sure I would recommend staying more than three nights there, but most people couple this with FS Chiang Mai as well. The rooms were incredible, service was top notch and warm, and it was very unique.