Reload this Page >

Peninsula Hong Kong Helicopter Transfers

Old Oct 11, 19, 9:40 pm
Original Poster
Mandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Gold

I saw the thread about the Peninsula HKG, and it looks wonderful! Would love to stay there for sure, wondering if the heli transfer is really worthwhile? The Rolls transfer doesnít look too shabby plus itís 1/10 the price for RT of a OW heli transfer.
Thanks! Any insight would be appreciated
Old Oct 11, 19, 10:14 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
I would do it for access to the historic China Clipper Lounge alone https://www.executivetraveller.com/i...clipper-lounge
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Oct 11, 19, 10:17 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by m0hamed View Post
I would do it for access to the historic China Clipper Lounge alone https://www.executivetraveller.com/i...clipper-lounge
Yeah, when I last stayed at the Peninsula, I tried to talk my way into a brief visit or tour of that lounge and was told no way. Doing the helicopter ride seems to be the only way.

If it avoids disruptions on the way to the airport, now would seem to be a good time to try the helicopter, especially if your flight leaves late in the day on a weekend. Just be sure to allow enough time to enjoy the lounge.

OTOH, the Rolls is classy and fun. I was met at the vehicle in the carriage entrance by an assistant manager upon arrival at the hotel and for departure, there are Peninsula staff members at the airport who go with you from the vehicle at the curb as far as passport control to help with luggage and show you to your' airline's correct check in area.

Last edited by MSPeconomist; Oct 11, 19 at 10:22 pm
Old Oct 11, 19, 10:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
I have never tried that. And I will never try it.

If you want to enjoy a helicopter ride, there is Sky Shuttle, which is way much cheaper.

Originally Posted by m0hamed View Post
You can take a sightseeing trip to access there. It costs way cheaper than going to HKG.
Old Oct 12, 19, 12:05 am
Original Member

Speaking strictly for my own knees and hips, and back, getting into a Rolls is a hell of a lot easier than getting into a helicopter.
Old Oct 12, 19, 6:06 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum; Amex Plat; Four Seasons; Fairmont; HH; etc.; "Retirees-In-Training"
The Rolls pickup was good fun, and I had surprised DH with that by not mentioning just what type of "hotel pickup" it was going to be :-)

But I also have a fear of heights, and I'd have trouble just being on that helipad!
(We choose hotels withOUT those sky high accommodations, or specifically request a lower floor room... which often means no Club Lounge... which often means we just stay elsewhere.)

The Peninsula was just perfect with "mid-height" rooms for great views. We had a lovely stay.

GC

Search this Thread