Reload this Page >

Hanoi & Ho Chi Minh City Hotels

Old Oct 10, 19, 10:39 pm
Original Poster
Mandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Gold

Starting to plan some more SE Asia travel! Iíve done some cursory searches of places to stay in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City, and found some options that look pretty nice (Park Hyatt,etc.) but I was wondering if anyone knows any really exceptional hotels in the city? Apologies if this is an obvious question!
Old Oct 11, 19, 3:05 am

Programs: UA:1K MM, AF:FB-Gold, QR: PC Platinum, FI: Saga Gold
For me, it’s the Sofitel Metropole in Hanoi and the Park Hyatt Saigon. The only question for Hanoi is which wing of the hotel to choose !
FlyerEC, callmedtop, xray and 4 others like this.
Old Oct 11, 19, 6:20 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Braniff View Post
For me, itís the Sofitel Metropole in Hanoi and the Park Hyatt Saigon. The only question for Hanoi is which wing of the hotel to choose !
This.
BESVISOR likes this.
Old Oct 11, 19, 7:46 am
formerly htang333
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, Rosewood Elite, RC STARS, Belmond Bellini, Hyatt Prive, Shangri-La, SPG LP, etc...
wk989 I'm a big fan of the Park Hyatt Saigon...Especially the Terrace Rooms/Suites on the Pool floor. And especially with upgrades at booking with Prive. Great value. Breakfast is solid, though, it can feel a bit corporate at times.
As others said, Sofitel Metropole in Hanoi.

Not saying either will blow you away or anything but do think those are the best in their respective market.

Just make sure you get to Amanoi at some point of that trip

Enjoy!
FlyerEC and wk989 like this.
Old Oct 11, 19, 8:13 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond
The Metropole in Hanoi blew me away to be totally honest. It's a big hotel but extremely well run. The Bamboo Bar is probably my favorite hotel bar in the world (and better than the infamous Bamboo Bar at MO Bangkok!).
FlyerEC likes this.
Old Oct 11, 19, 1:31 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by BESVISOR View Post
wk989 I'm a big fan of the Park Hyatt Saigon...Especially the Terrace Rooms/Suites on the Pool floor. And especially with upgrades at booking with Prive. Great value. Breakfast is solid, though, it can feel a bit corporate at times.

Not saying either will blow you away or anything but do think those are the best in their respective market.

Enjoy!
Agree about PH but personally would avoid the terrace rooms due to the lack of privacy. Would always go with the Executive Suite.
Old Oct 11, 19, 5:33 pm

PH Saigon is great. There's also the Reverie as well.
Old Oct 11, 19, 7:18 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BESVISOR View Post

Enjoy!
Thanks! Already booked Amantaka... Would love to go to Noi too. Is the beach at Noi nice? It looks small in the photos on their site but I canít really tell.
Old Oct 11, 19, 7:28 pm
Mandarin Oriental Contributor BadgeAman 10+ Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Originally Posted by wk989 View Post
Thanks! Already booked Amantaka... Would love to go to Noi too. Is the beach at Noi nice? It looks small in the photos on their site but I canít really tell.
Well done ! When are you at Taka ?

Ní oi beach is not small , not fine sand but alright .

Really like it there during the cooler months .

Trying to decide which AMANs - probably one of the ASEAN ones - for the next quarter , likely take an AMAN ( TRs too ) break In December
Old Oct 11, 19, 7:35 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FlyerEC View Post
Well done ! When are you at Taka ?

N’ oi beach is not small , not fine sand but alright .

Really like it there during the cooler months .

Trying to decide which AMANs - probably one of the ASEAN ones - for the next quarter , likely take an AMAN ( TRs too ) break In December
Planning super super far out-- next July (aligning schedules is hard, unfortunately). Really want to go to Puri or Pulo too, but the trip is really only long enough for Taka and one other Aman... If you were choosing, which would you go for?

Last edited by wk989; Oct 11, 19 at 7:54 pm Reason: Add Quote
Old Oct 11, 19, 8:12 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ Silver, IHG Plat Amb, MR Gold, SL Jade
I had a park suite at the PH Saigon a couple months ago and thought it was great. The room was the perfect size and the pool and exercise facilities were fantastic. Buffet breakfast each morning was good too.
FlyerEC and BESVISOR like this.
Old Oct 11, 19, 9:28 pm
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Planning super super far out-- next July (aligning schedules is hard, unfortunately). Really want to go to Puri or Pulo too, but the trip is really only long enough for Taka and one other Aman... If you were choosing, which would you go for?
Well , not too far out really . Taking into consideration the monsoons , I would chance Puri as she would have just re opened from usual annual June maintenance closure The rains , if at all , are during dawn hours or late a night . Except that the flags on the beach is likely red , means no swimming in the sea . Might be amber .
Remember undertows might be strong even if it looks fine on the surface .
Look at the photos on my TRs .
N’oi might be easier to get to from Taka
Really love Pulo but just not that time of the year .
If RWC games for today have to be cancelled .. can you imagine your disappointment ? Think some AMANjunkies have been caught .. & though Pulo handled situation with AMAN aplomb evacuating guests , one does not really wish to have this experience ..
Old Oct 11, 19, 9:36 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FlyerEC View Post
Well , not too far out really . Taking into consideration the monsoons , I would chance Puri as she would have just re opened from usual annual June maintenance closure The rains , if at all , are during dawn hours or late a night . Except that the flags on the beach is likely red , means no swimming in the sea . Might be amber .
Remember undertows might be strong even if it looks fine on the surface .
Look at the photos on my TRs .
Níoi might be easier to get to from Taka
Really love Pulo but just not that time of the year .
If RWC games for today have to be cancelled .. can you imagine your disappointment ? Think some AMANjunkies have been caught .. & though Pulo handled situation with AMAN aplomb evacuating guests , one does not really wish to have this experience ..
Thatís trueó best not to end a stay with evacuation. Maybe Noi and save Pulo and Puri for another time.
Thank you!
Old Oct 12, 19, 4:13 am

Programs: UA 1K; DL GM 2MM; AS 75K
Metropole and PH. No question.
FlyerEC and BESVISOR like this.
Old Oct 12, 19, 7:59 am
formerly htang333
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, Rosewood Elite, RC STARS, Belmond Bellini, Hyatt Prive, Shangri-La, SPG LP, etc...
I wouldn't say the beach is very nice but the beach club is one of my favorites. I always think of the beach at 'Noi as a bonus. So if beach is an important factor/draw, I'm not sure 'Noi will do it for you but if you're attracted by all else they have to offer then the beach will serve as a great additional value add (beach isn't big but not super small either). Again, the beach club is lovely. Great set up and food.
wk989 likes this.

Search this Thread