Hanoi & Ho Chi Minh City Hotels

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hanoi & Ho Chi Minh City Hotels

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2019, 11:23 am

Programs: AC SE MM, too many others
Heritage wing at the Metropole but in a larger room/suite.
Old Oct 16, 2019, 10:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Originally Posted by callmedtop
The Metropole in Hanoi blew me away to be totally honest. It's a big hotel but extremely well run. The Bamboo Bar is probably my favorite hotel bar in the world (and better than the infamous Bamboo Bar at MO Bangkok!).
I love the Bamboo Bar too. I love their spring rolls and desserts. I think I had a Charlie Chaplin every night (sundae!)
Old Oct 19, 2019, 4:55 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Is the Reverie in Saigon any good? Decor reminds of Burj al Arab...
Old Oct 19, 2019, 6:21 am
formerly htang333
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
Originally Posted by reigndrop
Some people really like it and service is solid. But I personally much prefer the Park Hyatt.
Old Oct 19, 2019, 7:44 pm

Programs: UA GS>1K>Nothing; DL DM 2MM; AS 75K>Nothing>MVP
It's very nice. I've stayed quite a few times, but....PH beats Reverie in every respect, except some of the views from the Reverie are really nice.... much, much better than anything at PH... and you can get a haircut at Reverie.
MikeFromTokyo and reigndrop like this.
Old Feb 13, 2024, 12:35 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Park Hyatt Vs. InterContinental Saigon

It seems the Park Hyatt Saigon gets great reviews. How does it compare to the InterContinental Saigon as the PH is about 50% more for my dates?

Also, any feedback on the InterContinental Hanoi Westlake? I'm debating that hotel vs. a smaller boutique hotel in the old quarter.
Old Feb 13, 2024, 1:10 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by MarkP24
It seems the Park Hyatt Saigon gets great reviews. How does it compare to the InterContinental Saigon as the PH is about 50% more for my dates?

Also, any feedback on the InterContinental Hanoi Westlake? I'm debating that hotel vs. a smaller boutique hotel in the old quarter.
PH and Reverie are the closest hotels to luxury in Saigon so would choose PH.

For intercon, you’re better off asking IHG forum
Old Feb 13, 2024, 1:14 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum

Thanks!
Old Feb 13, 2024, 5:54 pm

I've stayed at the Park Hyatt before and had a great stay. But always looking to try new hotels. Think it's worth checking out the Reverie or should I just go back to the Park Hyatt where I had a good experience last time? My main meetings will be about a 2 minute walk from Reverie vs. 7 minutes from Park Hyatt Saigon.
Old Feb 13, 2024, 6:17 pm
Community Director Emerita

Friends stayed at the Reverie and sent pictures. It looked too gaudy for my taste - but I have not been inside.

I had a wonderful stay at the Park Hyatt roughly a year ago. I want to caveat that I am a Hyatt Globalist and used a suite upgrade for my stay. I had wnoderful treatment and a very comfortable suite. I am linking to a review from July 2023 from the Hyatt forum; you can read it to the end. Reviews are highly positive.

Park Hyatt Saigon REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
offerendum and United747 like this.
Old Feb 13, 2024, 6:56 pm

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Friends stayed at the Reverie and sent pictures. It looked too gaudy for my taste - but I have not been inside.

I had a wonderful stay at the Park Hyatt roughly a year ago. I want to caveat that I am a Hyatt Globalist and used a suite upgrade for my stay. I had wnoderful treatment and a very comfortable suite. I am linking to a review from July 2023 from the Hyatt forum; you can read it to the end. Reviews are highly positive.

Park Hyatt Saigon REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Wow! Thank you so much!!
Old Feb 15, 2024, 11:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some

My stay at PH was 2015, so not the freshest one. This time it was definitely luxury with top notch service.
Old Feb 16, 2024, 8:30 am

Originally Posted by offerendum
My stay at PH was 2015, so not the freshest one. This time it was definitely luxury with top notch service.
That's great to hear! Have they renovated since 2015?
Old Feb 16, 2024, 11:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by MarkP24
That's great to hear! Have they renovated since 2015?
Yes, they started when I was there. I just say judging from pictures I´m not the biggest fan of the updated furniture. It had a lot of class before. But they didn´t change everything.
Old Feb 16, 2024, 11:55 am

Originally Posted by offerendum
Yes, they started when I was there. I just say judging from pictures I´m not the biggest fan of the updated furniture. It had a lot of class before. But they didn´t change everything.
Thanks. Well I'm glad they upgraded.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.