Wiki Posts
Search

CN Traveler Readers Choice Awards

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2019, 12:13 am
DSI
formerly declinespecificinformatiom

Originally Posted by MicSanToro
If you are a CN Traveler reader who takes a vacation every two years and you choose to go to a resort in the Caribbean (for this example, let's pick a Sandals!), you will likely think it is the best thing ever and proceed to go give it a perfect rating for the Readers Choice Awards. You don't have much but your last vacation two years ago to compare it to. If you are someone who travels frequently, staying at the worlds top resorts, you have a broader view of what constitutes a spectacular resort. Let's say you, the more experienced traveler, have stayed at the same Sandals as the first person but have also vacationed to Laucala Island and The Brando. Now, the latter two resorts will set your upper bar and you'll view Sandals as a mediocre/packaged luxury resort.

If you aren't an experienced traveler, you will be wowed by far more and proceed to rate everything 4 or 5 stars. If you are experienced, you have enough of a data set to accurately rate hotels/resorts/restaurants etc.
Well, for example just around the corner I&C has a lot of very interesting people who work there; lots of high school bulldog shirts walking around this area. I'd rank it higher than Amanyara.
Old Oct 10, 2019, 10:22 am
formerly vienna-resident
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Drew4au78
I think your hotel would be perfect for us, if not everyone's ideal on this particular forum. But what do you think is setting your establishment apart for the purposes of CN's rankings this year?
Thank you! I would think it's the service that makes the experience stand out. It's just the right mixture between formal and relaxed, that makes guests feel welcome and at home.
Old Oct 10, 2019, 11:09 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Even their comments on hotel # 50, The Rittenhouse in Philadelphia are a joke, comparing this property to NYC's The Plaza with its "illustrious history." The Rittenhouse is good, but it's a new building and the only history of is that the building sat less than half-finished for many years, an eyesore in one of Center City's prettiest neighborhoods until someone finally finished the project to turn the site into a four star hotel and luxury condo mixed-use building.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.