Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Amangalla, Amanwella, Wild Coast Tented Lodge

Old Oct 1, 19, 10:56 am
Original Poster

Hi,

My partner and I are visiting Sri Lanka in December and have shortlisted the above three properties to stay. We want to divide about 7 to 9 days among the three. I was thinking 3 each for Amangalla and Wild Coast, and maybe just 2 for Amanwella since there doesn't seem to be as much to do around it.

Any recommendations?

Thanks a ton,
Rish
Old Oct 1, 19, 2:18 pm
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Should do 3 nights for Wella too , there are activities you can enjoy . We extended our stay in February
Did a TR , hope you have seen it .
Old Oct 6, 19, 12:35 pm

We did 21 days Sri Lanka this August.
Stayed in Uga Ulagalla, Ceylon Tea Trails, Wild coast tented lodge, Cape Welligama
Didn't stay in any of the aman properties, only had dinner in Amangalla while we visited the city.

If you really prefer Aman's I would recommend 3 at AmanWella, 3 at Wild Coast and 2 at Amangalla.
There is really not that much to see at Galle, think one day should be enough. Eventually you could even visit Galle from Amanwella as we did.
Traveling from place to place in Sri lanka takes a lot of time, traffic is slow.

If you are open to other hotels, I would highly recommend to combine Ceylon tea trails 3d, Wild coast tented lodge 2d or 3d and Cape Welligama 2d or 3d.
Ceylon tea trails
If you can afford it, use the waterplain to travel from the airport to Ceylon tea trails and from Tea trails to Wild coast as traveling over the road is slow.

Sri lanka is really a surprisingly beautiful location to visit and the people are wonderful. Any choice you make will be great.

Search this Thread