Search

Ritz-Carlton, Bahrain

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2019, 6:41 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Many
Ritz-Carlton, Bahrain

Staying here now...doesn't seem to be a forum thread for Bahrain. Word to the wise, avoid this property and stay at the Four Seasons, I wish I had! Truly a dated, horrible, crumbling physical plant with poorly trained and disinterested staff, if you can find any; also seems to be badly understaffed. If this was more than a short two night stay, I would have repacked my stuff, requested a refund and moved to the FS. I would say other than the The Portman Ritz-Carlton, Shanghai, which to be fair I haven't stayed at since 2009 (it might be reno'd and nicer now), this is the worst RC I have ever stayed at worldwide (sample size is I think 32 RC properties).
Old Sep 26, 2019, 6:58 am

I stayed at this RC well before the FS came to town. It was originally a Meridien. I agree with GetSetJetSet's opinion, though the huge pool and grounds are an attraction. I also seem to remember the food as being even better than the FS Doha which we stayed at before this.
Old Sep 26, 2019, 8:12 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Pausanias
I stayed at this RC well before the FS came to town. It was originally a Meridien. I agree with GetSetJetSet's opinion, though the huge pool and grounds are an attraction. I also seem to remember the food as being even better than the FS Doha which we stayed at before this.
Frankly I see the grounds as a negative as well. The pool isn't particularly nice. The beach isn't very appealing either, though it's better than the pool. However, having such a big hotel, also ensures crowds. The gym is nice for a hotel gym, I'll give them that. I have been in some state of packing/unpacking and moving between unsuitable rooms since 11am today, it's now after 5pm. I wish I had done a deeper dive in research before booking and avoided this terrible property. There is ONE agent at the front desk reception that seems to care, the rest of the staff there and in the club are effectively useless. Came from the FS Kuwait, which was lovely.
Old Sep 26, 2019, 8:31 am
Suspended
Original Poster

The most baffling thing, which I am sure certain other posters in this forum who share my temperature tastes will agree with, is that I cannot get the room temp below 20.4. It has been on full blast all day, tech came twice, etc...and they have been unable (or unwilling) to find another equivalent or greater room to move me to that has sufficiently strong aircon. I'd even take an inferior view if the aircon worked and not complain. Now I don't run hotels, but if you're located somewhere that is regularly above 105 F outside, you would think extremely strong and cold aircon would be a top priority, no?
Old Sep 26, 2019, 10:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet
The most baffling thing, which I am sure certain other posters in this forum who share my temperature tastes will agree with, is that I cannot get the room temp below 20.4. It has been on full blast all day, tech came twice, etc...and they have been unable (or unwilling) to find another equivalent or greater room to move me to that has sufficiently strong aircon. I'd even take an inferior view if the aircon worked and not complain. Now I don't run hotels, but if you're located somewhere that is regularly above 105 F outside, you would think extremely strong and cold aircon would be a top priority, no?
The King of Aircon will not be gracing this property with his Ambassadorship.
I don't know if the room is fully glass but most room aircons struggle with solar radiation coming in and blinds up. PH Busan comes to mind with their Oceanview Marina suites. I think it wouldn't go down beyond 23 or 24 degrees. Small vents and not enough aircon. It could be an inferior HVAC system because our rooms at FS Jumeirah Beach and Abu Dhabi kept it VERY cool even with the curtains up.
Old Sep 27, 2019, 11:17 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Aventine
The King of Aircon will not be gracing this property with his Ambassadorship.
I don't know if the room is fully glass but most room aircons struggle with solar radiation coming in and blinds up. PH Busan comes to mind with their Oceanview Marina suites. I think it wouldn't go down beyond 23 or 24 degrees. Small vents and not enough aircon. It could be an inferior HVAC system because our rooms at FS Jumeirah Beach and Abu Dhabi kept it VERY cool even with the curtains up.
Not all glass and wasn’t even on the top floor! Running the aircon non-stop max fan and lowest temp setting with the blackout shades down, best result for the entirety of the stay was 19.3. It was only an issue with that room. By the time they found a suitable room to move me to it was 2pm the day before checkout and I didn’t feel like dealing with the hassle so I told them to just forget it. A handful of the staff were very helpful, ashamed of the hotel’s condition and really wanted to help but the ancient physical plant let them down. One of them remarked how badly the hotel needs to be redone, but that closing for a facelift would put 5-600 people out of work and that they can’t do it piecemeal because the construction noise would bother guests. Not sure what their best option going forwards is! I can be sure I won’t return though, and hopefully there’s no reason I ever have to return to Bahrain in general. Perhaps my least favorite country ever.
Old Sep 28, 2019, 9:13 am

Why not FS Bahrain instead?
vuittonsofstyle and Fly_IAD like this.
Old Oct 16, 2019, 6:49 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Should note that the hotel agreed in writing to a price inclusive of all taxes and fees, then after the fact have attempted to charge that price + 20% for taxes & fees and my TA has been arguing w them for weeks because they are unwilling to admit their mistake and correct it. Cherry on top of an awful stay at a terrible hotel.
Old Oct 19, 2019, 4:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet
Should note that the hotel agreed in writing to a price inclusive of all taxes and fees, then after the fact have attempted to charge that price + 20% for taxes & fees and my TA has been arguing w them for weeks because they are unwilling to admit their mistake and correct it. Cherry on top of an awful stay at a terrible hotel.
I would definitely escalate it to corporate and hopefully someone cares.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.