Lodge Selections in Botswana

Old Sep 8, 19, 9:45 am
Original Poster

Lodge Selections in Botswana

Currently planning a trip to Botswana in end of May/ early June 2020. Feel quite overwhelmed by the number of luxury lodges to choose from.
I'm currently thinking of doing 3 lodges in total. 1 water camp and 1 land camp in Okavango Delta (Or Linyanti) and 1 in Nxai Salt Pans.
For the water camp (mainly to do Mekoro), currently I have: Kwetsani(any camp in Jao concession) or selinda explorers camp or &Beyond Xaranna. (2 nights)
As for the land camp, there seems to be a lot of great options: (2-3 nights)
- Great Plains: Duba Plains
- Wilderness Safari: Vumbura Plains, .. (and of course Mombo, but wayyy out of budget)
- Nature Selection: Tuludi (newly opened)
I heard the best lodges may be dependent on the time of the year and water levels. What's the recommendations during end of May? wasn't able to find any good answers online.
then lastly for the camp in the salt pans, Jacks camp seems a no brainer as they reopen 2020 May. (3 nights)

Any suggestions or recent experiences on those lodges are welcome

Last edited by bluebubble; Sep 8, 19 at 12:15 pm
Old Sep 8, 19, 6:11 pm

Programs: Virtuoso, Rosewood Elite, FSPP, Bellini, Dorchester, MO Fan Club, Oetker Pearl, etc.
If you're travelling in early June, you should maybe try and take the opportunity to place yourself where Wild Dogs are known to start denning. Selinda and north of this is good for this - perhaps Great Plains Selinda camp.
Stepping down in quality, Kwando's Lagoon Camp is well located for dogs, and you could consider Lebala Camp too. (I'm bias towards the wild dogs as they're my favorite and quite rare to see, so at this time of year, I'd be positioning to try and see them).
bluebubble likes this.
Old Sep 9, 19, 3:34 am
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: UA1K, *G & Wife of UA1K MM
Regarding water levels, etc., you might want to use a safari tour operator to put a custom itinerary together for you. Might be best to use one located in Africa for the most knowledge of the area.

Botswana is magical, btw. Excellent choice!
bluebubble likes this.
Old Sep 11, 19, 11:05 pm

Programs: *G
Have you taken a look at this thread yet: Most luxurious African safari accommodations?

It might be a good starting point / people that are subscribed to it might see it very easily and be able to give feedback there too.

Search this Thread