Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Any good luxury resorts near Hanoi?

Old Sep 6, 19, 5:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA *G, AS MVP

Doing Hanoi in October with the Ms., and with the way work schedules are shaping up we're probably looking at 4-5 days on the ground at most. Planning to spend a day or two in HAN itself, and thinking a Ha Long Bay day trip, but would like to maybe take her to something relaxing.

I know there's a ton of great resorts on the coast between Da Nang and Ho Chi Min City, but I'd like to avoid flying, which would probably take up much of one of the few days we have. Are there any good luxury resorts up north, that aren't more than a 2-3 hour drive from Hanoi? Doesn't have to be beach; mountains or rice paddies is fine too. Just something peaceful where we can sit and watch the world go by.
Old Sep 6, 19, 9:54 pm

There aren't any true luxury resorts in the North as far as I know. The Mgallery Legacy Yen Tu (designed by Bill Bensley) and Melia Ba Vi Retreat look quite nice though. Both places are fairly new, not too far away from Hanoi and have pleasant weather in October. I've been thinking of visiting them the next time I'm in Hanoi. A bit further away is Mai Chau, also a mountainous area with a relaxing atmosphere. The nicest place to stay there is Mai Chau Ecolodge, the style is rustic and not luxury.
Old Sep 8, 19, 10:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA *G, AS MVP
Thanks for the suggestions. The Melia Ba Vi Mountain Retreat looks pretty sweet, and only 55km out of Hanoi. Will try that.
Old Sep 11, 19, 7:46 pm

Sorry not your original question but just wanted to give you a tip re ha long bay... for a short trip make sure you get private transport or better yet helicopter from hanoi. We signed up for a "luxury" overnight cruise and really regretted going with the included transport

Also highly recommend sofitel in HAN

Search this Thread