Four Seasons Los Cabos

Old Sep 4, 19, 8:05 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Chicago
Programs: American EXP & 3MM
Posts: 2,335
Four Seasons Los Cabos

We are looking at a quick trip to this property and have heard great things from a friend with a villa there. Any experiences here?
mktozd is offline  
Old Sep 5, 19, 5:48 am
  #2  
formerly htang333
Four Seasons Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Wi-Fi
Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, Rosewood Elite, RC STARS, Belmond Bellini, Hyatt Prive, Shangri-La, SPG LP, etc...
Posts: 1,082
Originally Posted by mktozd View Post
We are looking at a quick trip to this property and have heard great things from a friend with a villa there. Any experiences here?
Heard from a peer who toured that it's stunning...But, Aman might still be a work in progress, next door. Not sure if/how that will affect your stay at FS.
BESVISOR is offline  
Old Sep 5, 19, 6:26 am
  #3  
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Mem
Programs: Delta GM, Amex Reserve, Amex Plat, JP Morgan Palladium
Posts: 786
It looks fantastic, but a little removed from the rest of Los Cabos on the East Cape. I am sure it and the Aman are going to be game changers in already extremely crowded field of luxury contenders.
Valveking is offline  
Old Sep 5, 19, 3:19 pm
  #4  
Original Member
 
Join Date: May 1998
Location: Northern California USA
Posts: 2,090
I see only one class of room offering a plunge pool and no suites offering a private pool. Villa rentals may offer private pools.
KatW is offline  
Old Sep 5, 19, 5:28 pm
  #5  
Aman Contributor BadgeBanyan Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 748
Originally Posted by KatW View Post
I see only one class of room offering a plunge pool and no suites offering a private pool. Villa rentals may offer private pools.
We are staying in December, in an executive suite and it has a pool. I believe most suites do. Although the accommodation floorplans are not online, they are available from the resort. At least they had no problem sending them to me.

It will be interesting to compare the FS to the new RC (where we will also be staying). Also hope to get a sneak peek of the Aman.
xracer is offline  
Old Sep 5, 19, 5:50 pm
  #6  
Original Member
 
Join Date: May 1998
Location: Northern California USA
Posts: 2,090
Originally Posted by xracer View Post
We are staying in December, in an executive suite and it has a pool. I believe most suites do. Although the accommodation floorplans are not online, they are available from the resort. At least they had no problem sending them to me.

It will be interesting to compare the FS to the new RC (where we will also be staying). Also hope to get a sneak peek of the Aman.
Thank you, xracer, that increases appeal. The room photos look as if the resort could be on any sunny beach, not much Mexican ambiance.
BESVISOR likes this.
KatW is offline  
Old Sep 5, 19, 7:20 pm
  #7  
formerly htang333
Four Seasons Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Wi-Fi
Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, Rosewood Elite, RC STARS, Belmond Bellini, Hyatt Prive, Shangri-La, SPG LP, etc...
Posts: 1,082
@KatW Agreed that FS looks more cookie cutter...However, Amanvari looks pretty Amazing. It reminds me a bit of Amanera's design/decor (which I love).
bhrubin likes this.
BESVISOR is offline  
Old Sep 5, 19, 11:40 pm
  #8  
Original Member
 
Join Date: May 1998
Location: Northern California USA
Posts: 2,090
You may yet get me into an Aman, Bevisor.

After Jim is resettled, habituated and comfortable, I hope to give myself a brief Cabo respite of five or six days.
BESVISOR and bhrubin like this.
KatW is offline  
Old Sep 6, 19, 7:48 am
  #9  
formerly htang333
Four Seasons Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Wi-Fi
Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, Rosewood Elite, RC STARS, Belmond Bellini, Hyatt Prive, Shangri-La, SPG LP, etc...
Posts: 1,082
Originally Posted by KatW View Post
You may yet get me into an Aman, Bevisor.

After Jim is resettled, habituated and comfortable, I hope to give myself a brief Cabo respite of five or six days.
LOL! ...let me go test out Amanvari first
bhrubin likes this.
BESVISOR is offline  
Old Sep 22, 19, 10:42 am
  #10  
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Southern California, USA
Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Posts: 8,754
Originally Posted by BESVISOR View Post
@KatW Agreed that FS looks more cookie cutter...However, Amanvari looks pretty Amazing. It reminds me a bit of Amanera's design/decor (which I love).
Interestingly, this is a second location where a RC Reserve may yet win out for us over an Aman. Both the FS and Aman are in a curious spot on the end of the Baja peninsula which is great for anyone wanting to go boating but otherwise isn’t so compelling. The upcoming RC Reserve Zadun is much closer to the real Cabos and is just a 25 min drive from the airport—and adjacent to a marina, as well. And with a much nicer design scheme, I might add. Who could’ve guessed?
BESVISOR likes this.
bhrubin is offline  
Old Sep 22, 19, 1:42 pm
  #11  
formerly htang333
Four Seasons Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Wi-Fi
Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, Rosewood Elite, RC STARS, Belmond Bellini, Hyatt Prive, Shangri-La, SPG LP, etc...
Posts: 1,082
Originally Posted by bhrubin View Post
Interestingly, this is a second location where a RC Reserve may yet win out for us over an Aman. Both the FS and Aman are in a curious spot on the end of the Baja peninsula which is great for anyone wanting to go boating but otherwise isn’t so compelling. The upcoming RC Reserve Zadun is much closer to the real Cabos and is just a 25 min drive from the airport—and adjacent to a marina, as well. And with a much nicer design scheme, I might add. Who could’ve guessed?
Yeah, don't know the Baja Peninsula well. FS looks boring to me. So, not super excited about it but personally think Aman looks fantastic. Might have clients visiting RC Reserve Zadun this Christmas. Will report back
bhrubin likes this.
BESVISOR is offline  
Old Sep 22, 19, 3:38 pm
  #12  
Marriott Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: LAX
Programs: AA EXPPLT, United 1K, *wood PLT, Delta Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Southwest A-list
Posts: 319
I had a chance to check out the Four Seasons as a preview and I did not like the location. Its very windy and known for kite surfing and sailing. It will be interesting to see how it does. Much more excited about the RC Reserve in Cabo. I think I will be going in January if all goes well.
bhrubin and BESVISOR like this.
SeeTheLights is offline  
Old Sep 22, 19, 11:57 pm
  #13  
Original Member
 
Join Date: May 1998
Location: Northern California USA
Posts: 2,090
I have another Cabo trip ahead of me so will be waiting to read the reviews of the several new properties: RC, Four Seasons, Aman, Nobu, etc.
bhrubin and BESVISOR like this.
KatW is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread