Ischia (Italy)?

Old Aug 18, 19, 5:45 pm
Original Poster

Ischia (Italy)?

Any luxury hotels in Ischia? Am I correct in understanding that Mezzatorre is the best?
Old Aug 18, 19, 5:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Go to Capri instead?
Old Aug 19, 19, 1:18 am
formerly vienna-resident
Marriott Contributor Badge

Not much luxury in Ischia. Itís a lot more low-key (and less pretentious) than Capri, but I do like the island a lot.

In Ischia Porto, Moresco is the best Grand Hotel option. On the south coast, in the village of SantíAngelo I like Hotel Miramare after the recent renovations.

Mezzatorre is the best on the island overall - now part of Pellicano Hotels.

Old Aug 19, 19, 3:50 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
Go to Capri instead?
Have been to Capri several times. Find it boring.
Old Aug 19, 19, 6:12 am

Programs: Virtuoso, Rosewood Elite, FSPP, Bellini, Dorchester, MO Fan Club, Oetker Pearl, etc.
Have had lots of good friends visit Mezzatorre last few months - all positive about it.
I love Capri - try and go every year, going in a few weeks for 5 nights. Difficult to see how it could possibly be boring, but each to their own.
Old Aug 20, 19, 10:55 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sydakllon View Post
Have had lots of good friends visit Mezzatorre last few months - all positive about it.
I love Capri - try and go every year, going in a few weeks for 5 nights. Difficult to see how it could possibly be boring, but each to their own.
Where do you stay? Thinking of trying out Punta Tragara this weekend.
Old Aug 20, 19, 1:36 pm

Programs: Virtuoso, Rosewood Elite, FSPP, Bellini, Dorchester, MO Fan Club, Oetker Pearl, etc.
We donít stay anywhere worth mentioning on this forum as we travel with family that doesnít pay Capri lux prices. Villa Brunella - the restaurant is fab and worth a visit though.
Itís right next to Punta Tragara which I love. Iíll be popping in to see the team there (along with Capri Palace and JK) when Iím back in Sept.

Search this Thread