Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Luxury Warm Travel Destination for Family September?

Old Aug 17, 19, 12:27 pm
Original Poster

Hey FT,

Looking for some advice on where to take the family, easily accessible from Berlin. We have a daughter under 2 just to keep in mind. I was thinking South Africa, Johannesburg and Capetown one week each? Priorities would be (1) beach and warm weather and (2) culture or wine. Been a while since I planned something nice so I thought some fellow FTers would be able to share some experiences. Help and advise is much appreciated!
Old Aug 17, 19, 4:42 pm

Programs: QFF, AA, LM, EY
Originally Posted by homerjsimpso View Post
Hey FT,

Looking for some advice on where to take the family, easily accessible from Berlin. We have a daughter under 2 just to keep in mind. I was thinking South Africa, Johannesburg and Capetown one week each? Priorities would be (1) beach and warm weather and (2) culture or wine. Been a while since I planned something nice so I thought some fellow FTers would be able to share some experiences. Help and advise is much appreciated!
I could be wrong but not sure how warm capetown would be in September ?

I thought their summer was more dec/Jan/Feb with the rest of the southern hemisphere.
Old Aug 17, 19, 6:24 pm
Original Member

The Balearics and the Med in general would be hosting fewer American tourists ...
Old Aug 18, 19, 3:56 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Avios
We're looking for something similar, it'll be our first holiday with our baby who will be three months old by then. We were thinking Greece as it's getting cooler or maybe Spain.
Old Aug 18, 19, 5:34 am

South Africa has some amazing beaches but it's not a beach destination - I don't know of any serious resorts and the chilly water is good for great white sharks and seals but not for human beings.

The Med is at its best in September . . .
Old Aug 20, 19, 4:58 am

Originally Posted by homerjsimpso View Post
Hey FT,

Oman. Its absolutely stiking, diverse and the weather will be great. Also nonstop on Oman Air from Frankfurt or easy connection from Berlin. The only thing I dont know about is wine culture but I dont think your two year old will mind

The other destination that is really so close (I am surprised nobody's mentioned), sub 4 hour flight, and incredible -- Israel. That would have absolutely everything you desire and be such an easy flight with a two year old.
obscure2k likes this.
Old Aug 20, 19, 11:16 am
Original Member

Old Aug 20, 19, 11:28 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Portugal or southern France.

My immediate reaction to the question was Barcelona, but probably not for two weeks.

If you want hot weather and not just warm, Singapore, but their wine is all imported and expensive.
Old Aug 20, 19, 2:01 pm

Programs: Virtuoso, Rosewood Elite, FSPP, Bellini, Dorchester, MO Fan Club, Oetker Pearl, etc.
Morocco? La Sultana Oualidia on the beach is quite nice.

Search this Thread