Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Virtuoso Online Booking or via a Virtuoso TA?

Old Aug 9, 19, 12:49 pm
Original Poster

Going to Asia in April 2020, and want to look into booking through Virtuoso - Hanoi/Hoi Na/Siam Reip/Bangkok/Peking - and will be for 2 rooms in each location. I have been reviewing classic travel link which shows the Virtuoso rates and benefits - but wanted to check here to see whether it is more beneficial to go through an actual agent. First time going the Virtuoso route so wanted to do what is best.. Have a ton of points with Hilton, but no status - so i'd rather pay for some of the benefits that comes with Virtuoso.

Thanks,

D
Old Aug 9, 19, 12:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
You can use the website to check rate information, room types, but I'd book through an agent. If it's one time only, you might want to pick someone with expertise in the area who is more likely to have personal knowledge and contacts for at least some of your hotels.
sydakllon likes this.
Old Aug 9, 19, 1:52 pm

Programs: Virtuoso, Rosewood Elite, FSPP, Bellini, Dorchester, MO Fan Club, Oetker Pearl, etc.
Always the final booking via an agent. Also, agents may have access to offers outside of / above and beyond Virtuoso depending on size / relationships with individuals and brands / how much business they send through. Some hotel programs are better than Virtuoso too.
Old Aug 9, 19, 3:04 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Asked and answered, so I am closing this thread.

RichardInSF, moderator, luxury hotels and travel

Search this Thread