Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Buenos Aires- 1 am arrrival and hotel

Old Aug 8, 19, 12:54 pm
Original Poster

We will be arriving in Buenos Aires at 1 am so expect to arrive to the hotel around 3am or so once you factor in the airport hassle. We typically book hotels through FHR. Has anyone had any luck with BA hotels offering a reduced rate for this type of situation (early morning arrival)? We won't need the late check-out benefit at the end as our departing flight is quite early. Would I have better look with a travel agent or calling the hotel directly? We were thinking either the FS or the Park Hyatt. Thanks!
Old Aug 8, 19, 1:52 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

In this situation, since the hotel cannot rent the room that night to anyone else, I would not expect any reduced rate to be offered. You'd have to book the full night and let the hotel know about your very late arrival so they know not to treat you as a no-show. That you don't want to use other benefits available to you is not a factor in this situation.
Old Aug 8, 19, 8:41 pm

I'd get the most convenient location at the cheapest rate possible. Are you leaving from EZE or AEP the next day?

Last edited by erik123; Aug 10, 19 at 8:15 am
Old Aug 9, 19, 11:55 am

Programs: amex platinum, american advantage, united, ANA, JAP. SPG, marriott
If it's just for the one night why even bother going into the city? Stay at an airport hotel.

Search this Thread