Wiki Posts
Search

Changing reservation to Virtuoso travel agent

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2019, 10:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: PA WorldPass Platinum, AA, DL, LH. GHA Black, SPG and HHonors Gold
Changing reservation to Virtuoso travel agent

A friend (admittedly, not super close as he would have known better) is going on his honeymoon in Sept. and one hotel he's staying at is the FS Maui.

He didn't know about the benefits of using a program such as Virtuoso..

Given the expertise of Virtuoso agents here, is it possible to have it taken over by a Virtuoso travel agent and then get any benefits that would come from doing so?

Thank you in advance for your kind responses. This is not a question a (somewhat0 humble editor of a travel magazine such as myself could answer.

Last edited by jspira; Aug 7, 2019 at 1:37 pm
Old Aug 7, 2019, 10:21 am

Any TA can take over a reservation: rule of thumb. OTA booking /touroperator could be a little harder though or not even possible.

Then it also comes down to the kind of rate that was booked. Virtuoso rates (with benefits) are usually not the cheapest available rates. If he booked a flexible rate, no problem to change it. Some agents also have good personal contacts so they also might be able to still force something on a non flex.

So for a more clear answer: what was the kind of rate he booked, via which channel and have you double checked exact Virtuoso amenities and Virtuoso rate?
Old Aug 7, 2019, 10:45 am

Programs: Virtuoso, Belmond Bellini, Le Club AccorHotels, Rosewood Elite, Shangri-La, Four Seasons PP, etc.
Yes, a TA can make it work even if the rate paid is different than that on the Virtuoso website. The benefits might not be the same if the rate is lower but there can always be some additional benefits.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 12:22 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold; LEGO VIP, Amex Platinum, HHonors Gold
For a Four Seasons, an FSPP travel agent is likely a better choice.

I did exactly this with a reservation earlier this year. I did initially book directly with Four Seasons, but with some email and a quick phone call, got it transferred to DavidO's agency to make it a FSPP booking. I don't know if the FSPP thing, or the specific agent made a difference, but we got a large upgrade and were treated very well during our stay, so it's certainly worth making the change if the current booking allows it.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 1:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: PA WorldPass Platinum, AA, DL, LH. GHA Black, SPG and HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by CRAZ8
For a Four Seasons, an FSPP travel agent is likely a better choice.

I did exactly this with a reservation earlier this year. I did initially book directly with Four Seasons, but with some email and a quick phone call, got it transferred to DavidO's agency to make it a FSPP booking. I don't know if the FSPP thing, or the specific agent made a difference, but we got a large upgrade and were treated very well during our stay, so it's certainly worth making the change if the current booking allows it.
That sounds perfect. Could you send me the contact details for the agent you used at DavidO's agency please via private message here?

Thanks so much to everyone for the input.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 7:12 pm
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Your friend will need to communicate the OK to transfer to Four Seasons..... and if the booking started with another agency FS will notify them.
Its possible your friend booked a wholesale/vacation type package in which case it won't be very transferable
but if the booking was made directly to the hotel, or their website, or with an agency that does not have FS status it will be fine

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.