FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Luxury Hotels and Travel (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxury-hotels-travel-220/)
-   -   Amanpulo flight times (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxury-hotels-travel/1981943-amanpulo-flight-times.html)

teddyflyer Aug 7, 2019 2:20 am

Amanpulo flight times

If we get the Amanpulo flight to Manila that arrives at 10:40am is there sufficient time to make the 12:20pm Cathay flight to Hong Kong?

Edit: One World Emerald flying Business with checker luggage, it that makes a difference.

Thanks

GetSetJetSet Aug 7, 2019 2:59 am

Originally Posted by teddyflyer (Post 31388527)
checker luggage, it that makes a difference.

Thanks

Not sure how the design pattern on your luggage will impact your connection time :cool:

teddyflyer Aug 7, 2019 4:17 am

If only I did have the real checkered luggage.

chinmoylad Aug 7, 2019 5:22 am

Originally Posted by teddyflyer (Post 31388527)
If we get the Amanpulo flight to Manila that arrives at 10:40am is there sufficient time to make the 12:20pm Cathay flight to Hong Kong?

Edit: One World Emerald flying Business with checker luggage, it that makes a difference.

Thanks

Theoretically, yes.
Realistically, not sure. It depends on so many factors (if the flight coming is on time, could be delayed 10-20 minutes; how's the traffic on the road from the hangar to the airport? It's technically just a ~10 min ride but it has taken guests (and myself) between 10-50 minutes).
Get Aman to assist with fast tracking and make sure you're checked in already.

ridefar Aug 7, 2019 7:37 am

Originally Posted by chinmoylad (Post 31388947)
Theoretically, yes.
Realistically, not sure. It depends on so many factors (if the flight coming is on time, could be delayed 10-20 minutes; how's the traffic on the road from the hangar to the airport? It's technically just a ~10 min ride but it has taken guests (and myself) between 10-50 minutes).
Get Aman to assist with fast tracking and make sure you're checked in already.

No problem at all in my opinion. The connection usually takes no more than 30 min until you have cleared security and outbound customs. I wouldn’t think twice about the timing. Even if traffic is bad you will be fine. It can’t hurt to be prepared as Chinmoylad indicates but the timing is fine.

chinmoylad Aug 7, 2019 12:17 pm

Also, if you're booked in to CX on a flexible rate that allows for cancellations/changes etc, even if you do miss your 12:20, you should be able to get onto the next flight - they're rarely full unless you're doing Christmas or peak season. Having said that, I think there's a HUGE wait time between 12:20 departure and next flight (some time after 5pm I think) off the top of my head. And Manila/Manila Airport is not a fun place to spend that much time :)

Epicura Aug 7, 2019 2:08 pm

Official MCT (minimum connecting time) at MNL domestic to international is 2h. So at least from that point of view: bad idea. MCT is also calculated on 1 PNR and checked-through bags, which is obviously not the case. Also keep in mind that CX check-in counter closes at T-45 mins. And even with a flex ticket: there's still a caveat called "no show".

However, I would suggest to contact Amanpulo and ask. Aman airport staff in general can do magic but it depends also on the carrier you are booked on (ex: Amanjiwo can get you boarding passes on GA even before you arrive at JOG airport).

From a TA point of view: I would never book this kind of connection for a client on separate tickets.

Why not book the Amanpulo 14:30 flight and then connect to CX 902 (ETD 20:20)?

ridefar Aug 7, 2019 4:15 pm

Just for reference, both of the last two times we were at Amanpulo we caught the morning flight from the island to Manila, 10:40 arrival, and departed 12:50 from Manila to TPE. Both times we had lots of time in the airport to enjoy the wonderful *A lounge in Manila. Yes, that's a joke. The lounge sucks. But we did have 45 minutes or more after clearing security and customs until boarding.

teddyflyer Aug 7, 2019 5:26 pm

Thanks for all the responses.

Yes, the trouble is the significant time between the 12:20 flight and a much later flight on CX. Flight times seem a little strange. I have one night only in Hong Kong with my best friend hence really trying to make the 12:20.

I think we will take the risk and let Amanpulo know our plans.