Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Aman Villas at Nusa Dua

Aman Villas at Nusa Dua

Old Jul 23, 2019, 11:08 am
Original Poster
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Aman Villas at Nusa Dua

AMAN VILLAS at Nusa Dua

Map| 2 Reviews | 100% Recommended

AMAN VILLAS at Nusa Dua

Jl Desa Sawangan Bali, ID 80363

Aman Villas at Nusa Dua (20 Photos)

AMAN VILLAS at Nusa Dua

Preamble

This is to follow up my write up in February 2018 , see post #50 .. Amanresorts Thread 2018

For those who are not aware , Amanusa closed end February ‘ 18 .

The Villas “ complex “ back from when they were built each separately the last decade or so till then , were low key . This was when Monty B was covering Indonesia . The dirt track linking them to Amanusa remained as such and could not be ‘ used ‘ .

Unlike the villas at , say , Amanpuri and of course , Pulo , these at Nusa Dua are not in the same compound . Villa owners and guests wanting to go to Amanusa had a somewhat circuitous route - so near and yet so far .

Aman has since renamed / rebranded these villas as Aman Villas at Nusa Dua . Before this visit , we last stayed in June ‘ 18 .

Transfer from Kila and Arrival

The one hour plus ride in the Kila vehicle went surprisingly quickly with the usual snarled traffic closer to Sanur and Nusa Dua not quite happening . While we were sad to be leaving Kila , we were rather eager to see how the villas were “ being presented “ with the absence of Amanusa .

We were welcomed by a familiar face who has returned to the AMAN fold ! - Michel B , Hotel / Resort / Villa Manager , and the villa team ( few more familiar faces ) .

We cooled off in the library while chatting with Michel about our dinner menu & such .

2F02A41A-44C5-4F6B-B6D1-5446857B16D3.jpe

Our welcome drink , fresh coconut , was awaiting us in our suite .

BB763F93-3707-485A-B33E-8E1439FCE13B.jpe

Room

All suites in the villas have the same layout as was at Amanusa . Our suite this time had an access past the library along some paving stones via the garden through the outdoor terrace and the main one that went behind the library .

This villa has 4 suites.

Shortcut 

This is the day route to our suite

6E766D74-C75D-4F1E-9A5A-0D8FD89D9D22.jpe

The way to our suite and the next from behind the library 

8BD0AEF6-8686-4B7A-B955-09F0E84C4E71.jpe

Pool

All the villas have lovely lap pools with the largest being Olympic length at 50 metres .

This is taken from outside the library towards the dining pavilion .

221511EA-9C13-441C-958B-10FF13D76068.jpe

View towards the library .

C8199A66-9429-4975-8DB2-DC682D7381F7.jpe

We had 8 loungers to choose from .

The Beach “ Club “

Last year , with no more Amanusa , the Beach Club also went . Thankfully , the Villas have since secured a patch fairly close to where it was previously , just past where the boardwalk ends towards the blowhole . 

It is a 10 / 15 minutes ride away similar to when one had to make the detour from Amanusa to the Beach Club when some construction was being done .

There are no bales though . As you can see , usually 6 loungers and 3 tables .

82791D66-A3BA-4563-B7F7-61A76A5B16C6.jpeFA2C6630-295C-49D8-A79C-6A3BA68ED334.jpe

Sunrise , lone fisherman 

83621EC1-2D61-44FF-9E36-D6D983BC4343.jpe

2 fishermen 

395BA96E-60B6-463A-AACD-934BEC7DDE8E.jpe0B50028A-E842-49EE-BCB5-8882FEC3B18F.jpeE04490B2-4E91-4382-82A4-D0069F9D4D16.jpe1E29A820-2382-49DB-A6DF-50DA1B628C06.jpe79F66CCD-62F7-4104-BC99-B27554F96385.jpe

04924980-2D94-4483-A459-8F02CEEA0220.jpe

E23D8593-F756-4B2D-8A3F-00DCDB951225.jpe

The best time to enjoy the beach with few people around is at sunrise . For more action , besides watching the fishermen , it will be the rest of the day .

This temple is at the entrance of AMAN ‘ s beach area .

Towards the end of one day , the priest was present possibly , I was told , praying for good weather for events at the hotels .

AB53B6F2-25BF-49C8-94D9-1AA8C06FD860.jpe

Dining

This stay we did not venture out and dined in . Breakfasts in the library and dinner too as it is air conditioned = bug free .

Set up for breakfast in the library .

E1B00916-3E38-477D-978B-B071AB71637D.jpe

As it was breezy during our stay - fewer or no bugs , we also dined in the dining pavillon by the pool . Michel had also arranged for extra portable fans for us besides the ceiling fan . The ceiling fans are present in just about all covered areas .

Meals can be had anywhere , like this main upper dining and living areas overlooking the pool 

B41A97F7-D0BE-4ADE-BABF-94B063260401.jpeE3BCB42F-88E7-469C-8F4B-FE37FC192179.jpe

We had very enjoyable meals . Anticipating our requests , we also ordered off menu besides checking out favourites / specials by the villa Chef - also not on the menu . Our villa Chef was open to whip up dishes especially with some notice , remember that this is not a boutique hotel . More bespoke . If you are staying for awhile , you will want to discuss / plan your meals and / or whether to give the Chef free hand to have market fresh items daily .

We had light afternoon teas , like ginger teas with cake & fruit . Complimentary as in other Indonesian AMANs .

Service

As mentioned last year , each villa has 2 butlers , a chef and assistant besides the gardeners and others covering all the villas .

For this villa , we again had competent ones . Aman service standards of old ..

Quite a relief after learning of the fiasco at Puri . Even at the beach , it was the seasoned steward from the Amanusa Beach Club and also others from the villa team when needed .

A sanctuary if one wishes to be in the Nusa Dua area or needs to be near the airport .

To start one ‘ s Bali holiday especially if arriving really late , one can rest up / unwind & get over jet lag here .. Then move to the other Amans or other hotels  , Bali is a rather large island ! Plus traffic like all the time , just hope not a standstill ..

Then if one has an early departure , like to Wana or return flight , staying here would make sense so one does not have to leave unnecessarily early .

Set back from the increasingly congested beach front hotel scene .

Odds and ends

This villa has a gym which I did not get to this time . Viewed it on some previous visits .

There will be 6 villas available soon .

Even if one only requires a suite , it is very likely that one will not have to share the villa with other parties . Perhaps another suite maybe occupied . But one will hardly notice others unless using the pool at the same time if this occurs . The grounds and various areas are arranged and configured such that privacy is priority besides being large enough to share .

Check out done in suite as before .

Overall

One year on in this new arrangement , things are “ in place “ but with Michel working on further enhancements for guests . 

Like before , we did not have to share our villa :)

While some have commented on rarely seeing anyone else at some other Aman restaurants and find the quiet disconcerting , we enjoy the solitude .

Perhaps one can liken Nusa Dua now like a miniature Seminyak as there seems to be more galleries , shops and restaurants just enroute to the Villa Beach area .

It is like coming home as we did not have to check in ;) , only in Bali , and going to the beach or out to town just ‘ down the road ‘ in chauffeured cool villa vehicle when necessary .

Aman Villas at Nusa Dua

Would you like to write a review on the AMAN VILLAS at Nusa Dua ?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Jul 25, 2019, 2:07 pm
Suspended

Programs: Many
I stayed when it was Amanusa, didn't care for it then. Don't care for Bali in general. Would be in my bottom-3 Aman stays along with Aman Summer Palace and Aman Sveti Stefan or as I now call it "Danger Island."
Old Jul 26, 2019, 2:08 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet
I stayed when it was Amanusa, didn't care for it then. Don't care for Bali in general. Would be in my bottom-3 Aman stays along with Aman Summer Palace and Aman Sveti Stefan or as I now call it "Danger Island."
Erh , Aman Villas at Nusa Dua is not to be confused with Amanusa . Different location but close as the crow flies ( walkable ) but nearby by road ( not so walkable ) .
Aman SP was fine the times we were there but that was awhile back . Have not really ranked AMANs yet . That being said , we do not care for Ubud as it is now so Dari is out .
Old Sep 1, 2019, 3:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
What is the former Amanusa property now? Is it another hotel or did it close down completely. Did it have regular hotel rooms in addition to the villas or was it a villa-only property?
Old Sep 1, 2019, 8:18 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
What is the former Amanusa property now? Is it another hotel or did it close down completely. Did it have regular hotel rooms in addition to the villas or was it a villa-only property?
It is closed and supposed to re - open in a year but doubt it , more likely 2 years ? Nothing seems to be happening . Adding more suites but seems keeping structures , such beautiful architecture should be saved . There are no villas there . As of now , it will be Kimpton .

The former Amanusa Villas , now AMAN Villas at Nusa Dua are separate . They are located about 10 minutes drive away ( there was a track which was blocked off to vehicles which would have been much shorter though )

Hope this helps .
Old Oct 17, 2019, 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by FlyerEC

Erh , Aman Villas at Nusa Dua is not to be confused with Amanusa . Different location but close as the crow flies ( walkable ) but nearby by road ( not so walkable ) .
Aman SP was fine the times we were there but that was awhile back . Have not really ranked AMANs yet . That being said , we do not care for Ubud as it is now so Dari is out .
FlyerEC planning an Aman bali trip. Aman villas at nusa dua is also where the revivo spa is . Were you able to use the revivo facilities at the Aman villas or were they totally separated from each other ?
Old Oct 17, 2019, 4:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bearbrick
FlyerEC planning an Aman bali trip. Aman villas at nusa dua is also where the revivo spa is . Were you able to use the revivo facilities at the Aman villas or were they totally separated from each other ?
They are separate but when at AMAN Villas at Nusa Dua you can use Revivo spa - some from Amanusa are working there since closure . One wonders why AMAN did not take over AZ ‘ s villas to do their Wellness Retreat . They are promoting it “ aggressively “ in room at AmanTokyo where we are now
Old Oct 17, 2019, 6:29 pm

They are separate but when at AMAN Villas at Nusa Dua you can use Revivo spa - some from Amanusa are working there since closure . One wonders why AMAN did not take over AZ ‘ s villas to do their Wellness Retreat . They are promoting it “ aggressively “ in room at AmanTokyo where we are now
Ok, Thks ...... AZ villa is now the Revivo wellness ?? What are they promoting aggressively at Aman tokyo ? Revivo or AVND ? You’re Tokyo, after the typhoon I hope !
Old Oct 17, 2019, 7:08 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bearbrick
Ok, Thks ...... AZ villa is now the Revivo wellness ?? What are they promoting aggressively at Aman tokyo ? Revivo or AVND ? You’re Tokyo, after the typhoon I hope !
AZ villa & family ’ s now part of Revivo ..

AmanTokyo promoting wellness , even in room .. also AMAN Spa products - blatantly , so unAMAN

Yes , thankfully after typhoon but lots of after disaster clean up . Our friends here for RWC had to evacuate including some local friends . Others buffeted with rain & extremely strong winds - worse ever recorded , it seems .
Parades for enthronement all postponed & channeled to help relief - volunteers needed .
Imperial Enthronement Ceremony is going on as scheduled , as with official dinners with foreign dignitaries , ..
clubeurope likes this.
Old Oct 18, 2019, 12:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

AZ villa & family ’ s now part of Revivo ..

AmanTokyo promoting wellness , even in room .. also AMAN Spa products - blatantly , so unAMAN

Yes , thankfully after typhoon but lots of after disaster clean up . Our friends here for RWC had to evacuate including some local friends . Others buffeted with rain & extremely strong winds - worse ever recorded , it seems .
Parades for enthronement all postponed & channeled to help relief - volunteers needed .
Imperial Enthronement Ceremony is going on as scheduled , as with official dinners with foreign dignitaries , ..
AMAN skin care is also advertised in Thai Elle Vogue magazine.
Old Dec 12, 2019, 7:59 am

new luggage tags?

As an AMANjunkie I have to ask this: do Aman Villas at Nusa Dua have new luggage tags? Or their luggage tags are the same as old orange ones from Amanusa.
Old Dec 12, 2019, 9:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by goodenough1986
As an AMANjunkie I have to ask this: do Aman Villas at Nusa Dua have new luggage tags? Or their luggage tags are the same as old orange ones from Amanusa.

New ones , I seem to recall . But think I had better do an “ inventory “ check , now that you , goodenough1986 , are asking .
When are you staying ?
Also best safeguard my Amanusa ones ( saving the bags , etcetera with Amanusa too ) !
So many luggage tags this year plus numerous ones from previous years !
Old Dec 14, 2019, 8:51 am

They say AMAN then under that in smaller print Villas. On the third line below it says Nusa Dua and are black.
FlyerEC likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2019, 7:03 am

I hear that Kimpton are taking over Amanusa and will build an extension. How shocking is that!
offerendum likes this.
Old Dec 20, 2019, 10:58 pm
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
I hear that Kimpton are taking over Amanusa and will build an extension. How shocking is that!
From what I've heard, they're AT LEAST keeping the main structure which really should be preserved, but of course will be revamping the rooms entirely (and adding a few more as well).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.