Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Four Seasons corporate customer service contacts?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2019, 11:06 pm
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Hi all,

Anyone know how to get in touch with corporate customer service at Four Seasons? After staying at several Four Seasons over the years, I purchased their Four Seasons Bed to replace my aging but comfortable mattress in my work crash pad (where I sleep weeknights). They handle the sale like a spa or accessory sale, and my order was handled through the Beverly Wilshire for whatever reason (even though I'm in SF).

I can honestly say the overall experience has been one of the worst I've ever had with any company, not just from luxury brands but in general. I can imagine being more happy with Spirit Airlines and Comcast at this point.

The initial delivery experience was so terrible... it took 11 calls over 4 days and even after that the delivery company 1) didn't provide proof of insurance, 2) absolutely would not schedule a time that was compatible with my HOA's requirement that I book the loading dock, 3) showed up unannounced to the point where I was in violation of my building HOA rules (and will probably be fined), etc. 4) broke stuff in my house.

I'm sure that's not the kind of experience Four Seasons wants to associate with it's brand. But even after all of that, if the mattress was acceptable, it would just be an ephemeral cautionary anecdote. However, what arrived was uncomfortable and didn't feel anywhere close to what I expected or had previously at their hotels. What I had was unusable. So I asked them to send me the more plush topper... which they charged me fully for. They sent one and it didn't fit. After back and forth they sent another replacement and that also didn't fit. It's too small and it's like really obvious basic math because it's not too small by a tiny bit... it's like obviously too short (the first time we didn't measure and just tried forever to try and attach it wondering why it was so hard). [0]

It's almost comical because this has been consistently screwed up at every step. They just can't get it right, period.

At this point I've wasted a month, ~$2600 and I have a mattress I find not old worse than my old mattress, but unusable, and I've wasted a huge amount of time going back and forth with them for a very long time with this... I couldn't imagine a worse customer experience. Shame on you Four Seasons.

Now I'm trying to find out where I should escalate to, and I figured FlyerTalk might know points of contact in corporate who can take a look at why my Four Seasons Bed experience was total dogshit.

[0]

Original topper: 79" tall

Replacement: 76" tall and different trim.

Replacement placed on top of existing topper, lined up at headboard.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 12:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

I don't know any corporate CS people but I've found if you write to FS senior management then you'll get a response quickly. It will fikter down to the appropriate channel. They really should be ashamed of that bed that they sold you.

I'm wondering if it even the same bed used in every FS hotel?
Old Jun 27, 2019, 3:00 am

I purchased a few beds from them as well a while ago. European sales are handled through FS Hampshire and my experience has been exemplary.

I think it largely depends on the property in charge of the sale, in your case the Beverly Wilshire (which sadly says it all). My last experience at the Beverly Wilshire has been catastrophic, so I am not entirely surprised they cannot deliver a satisfying bed sale, when they cannot even get their operation in order.

I am hopeful things might get better and if I were you, I would contact the very capable Peter Humig, who has been promoted to RVP and GM, now based at the Beverly Wilshire, taking over from Ben Trodd, who is now heading sales.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 4:46 am

Aren’t the Beverly Wilshire’s days as a Four Seasons numbered?

OT, but in Beverly Hills I prefer The Peninsula or FS on Doheny Drive.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 4:53 am

Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo

Apparently so.

By the way, FS on Doheny just got Chris Ford transferred from Beverly Wilshire. Not really hard to speculate why he crossed town...
MikeFromTokyo likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 7:25 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Send a short note specifying that you want a refund and the item picked up by a given date such as 7 days from today. If that does not occur, file a chargeback dispute noting specifically that the item provided was not the item marketed and ordered. Also note that you are prepared to have the item picked up if Four Seasons wishes.

Don't waste your time on tracking people down. This shifts the time & effort onto Four Seasons.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 10:23 am
Original Poster

I agree with you there :-)

I'd probably stay at the Pen or the Waldorf if going to the area.

Anyway, they say to contact your local Four Seasons to buy the mattress, and the FS San Francisco is extremely close (<15 mins walks), followed by Palo Alto (a drive down [the] 101). Anyway, I reached out to the SF location via the "contact us" form asking about buying the mattress but after about a week they contacted me back from the Beverly Wilshire.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by david22
I agree with you there :-)

I'd probably stay at the Pen or the Waldorf if going to the area.

Anyway, they say to contact your local Four Seasons to buy the mattress, and the FS San Francisco is extremely close (<15 mins walks), followed by Palo Alto (a drive down [the] 101). Anyway, I reached out to the SF location via the "contact us" form asking about buying the mattress but after about a week they contacted me back from the Beverly Wilshire.
I like Often1’s advice. If the item is materially different from what you ordered, now after several good faith attempts to have the order corrected, you can send them an email asking for a refund and for them to pick up the mattress and other items. You then file a dispute with your credit card company, stating that you have not received the product you ordered, noting that you have emailed FS telling them to pick up the unacceptable product and issue a refund.

That puts the ball in Four Seasons’ court, and you shouldn’t have to do much after that. FS will likely promptly respond, and fix the issue. If not, you can force the return and chargeback with the credit card.

It’s really not appropriate that you should bear the burden of any further efforts to fix this. They have the responsibility to replace or to return and refund.

Old Jun 27, 2019, 10:27 pm

What's going on with the FS relationship with the Wilshire?
Old Jun 28, 2019, 2:33 am

Originally Posted by Shangri-La
What's going on with the FS relationship with the Wilshire?
Long story short: renovations (or even basics like cheap Nespresso machines) are not in the current vocabulary of this hotel, which might have to do with owner. The owner situation is fairly complicated, but basically owned by an entity controlled by the Cheng family (Rosewood). Not hard to guess what their plan might be
Old Jun 29, 2019, 10:09 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by scented
I purchased a few beds from them as well a while ago. European sales are handled through FS Hampshire and my experience has been exemplary.

I think it largely depends on the property in charge of the sale, in your case the Beverly Wilshire (which sadly says it all). My last experience at the Beverly Wilshire has been catastrophic, so I am not entirely surprised they cannot deliver a satisfying bed sale, when they cannot even get their operation in order.

I am hopeful things might get better and if I were you, I would contact the very capable Peter Humig, who has been promoted to RVP and GM, now based at the Beverly Wilshire, taking over from Ben Trodd, who is now heading sales.
So FWIW, I did contact Peter Humig on Thursday afternoon and left info with his assistant. I also tried contacting the spa again by phone and left info; that was after my email Wednesday when I evaluated the 2nd replacement and found it was obviously the same incorrect one as before.

It's Saturday morning. I haven't received a single response from any channel: my email to the spa Wednesday, or the phone calls to the spa or Peter's office on Thursday afternoon. Not even e.g. an acknowledgement. I'd want to say the lack of customer service from Four Seasons is surprising but it's not at this point.

Also, this may sound ranty but, after they sent me the first wrong one and were preparing to send me the 2nd, I wrote (via email),

"But that model number is exactly the same as the tags and paperwork from the one I received that doesn't fit. How do I know they won't just send me the same topper again? Are you sure this is the Four Seasons topper item number? Maybe Simmons changed something? As I said, besides the size being wrong, the trim was not the same either. For reference below are all of the pictures of tags and paperwork I have from the topper I received that will not fit."

As you can see from the pictures overlaying the replacement topper on existing topper, the "doesn't fit" aspect isn't subtle like being off by a tiny amount. It's glaringly obvious. You'd think after one incorrect shipment someone at Simmons could take a tape measure to the damn thing before they send it again. I suspect the problem may be that Simmons just sucks, but Four Seasons chose to put their name on this product and sells it directly so they own the issue as far as I'm concerned.

/rant

Last edited by RichardInSF; Jun 30, 2019 at 8:55 am Reason: consecutive posts by same member
Old Jun 29, 2019, 2:32 pm

Quite right... this is baffling.

Do keep us posted what happens. I am really surprised no one has contacted you by now.
Old Jun 29, 2019, 5:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by scented
Quite right... this is baffling.

Do keep us posted what happens. I am really surprised no one has contacted you by now.
No one wants to take ownership of the bed problem.
Old Jun 29, 2019, 6:06 pm

The issue is probably that the request was unfortunately made through a now dysfunctional property. Nevertheless I am very surprised that a direct email and message left for GM did not get a response.

As suggested above I would write an email specifically laying the groundwork for a chargeback, giving them a deadline to respond to you. If they do not respond, file the credit card dispute and deal with the credit card company only.
LinLant likes this.
Old Jun 29, 2019, 7:14 pm

Programs: QFF, AA, LM, EY
As suggested above I would write an email specifically laying the groundwork for a chargeback, giving them a deadline to respond to you. If they do not respond, file the credit card dispute and deal with the credit card company only.
Agree with this approach.

The beautiful part of a charge back situation is you're suddenly back in control. If FS care or want their money back, THEY will be ones having to chase you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.