Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Alvear Palace in Buenos Aires and Hotwire

Old Jun 13, 19, 6:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, 2MM lifetime Platinum, Expedia +gold +++

Just booked 2 rooms for 6 nights at the Alvear Palace, haven't been there in over 10 years and can't remember room layouts and bed types. I booked using Hotwire since the price was about $100 less per room per night even with the bogus fees and taxes hotwire added on. (BTW it was obvious which hotel we were going to get based on number of TripAdvisor reviews posted on their own website). However room and bed type are up to the hotel. Anyone have experience with all King/Twin Beds or do they have Queens and Fulls? We would relay like 2 Twin beds but if not 1 King would do. I figure I'll call the hotel closer or our travel date and put the request in as I'm not sure how soon Hotwire will send our names and reservations. Any info and suggestions appreciated. Thanks!
Old Jun 15, 19, 8:20 am

Looking at Expedia most rooms appear to be King but with a option of twin. I would message hotel now as they my make a note even if Hotwire haven't sent your names through yet.

We are going to Buenos Aires for the first time in ten years later in the year and can't wait.
Old Jun 16, 19, 6:51 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flapland View Post
Looking at Expedia most rooms appear to be King but with a option of twin. I would message hotel now as they my make a note even if Hotwire haven't sent your names through yet.

We are going to Buenos Aires for the first time in ten years later in the year and can't wait.
Yeah, I'll give that a shot and see what happens. We could share a king bed, but would be too tight in a queen or full bed.
Old Jun 16, 19, 6:55 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
OT, but if you're going to BsAs around September 1st, COW (and Malbec) DO is happening then. Check the thread in CommunityBuzz for details.
Old Jun 16, 19, 7:22 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
OT, but if you're going to BsAs around September 1st, COW (and Malbec) DO is happening then. Check the thread in CommunityBuzz for details.
Alas, I will be in BA this year but not until the end of September, and next year I'll be there in March. Enjoy!

Search this Thread