Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Review: Rosewood Bangkok

Review: Rosewood Bangkok

Old Jan 26, 2024, 10:51 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, Hyatt Prive, Hilton Impressario, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Roswood Elite, MO Fan Club
Is there a more recent review of this property? I am intending to go there in November this year? Under Rosewood Elite (I'm my own travel agent...) they are doing 3rd night fee and the usual benefits (instant upgrade, credit breakfast) so it's turning out to be incredible value. Any thoughts from recent stays? Thanks.
Old May 23, 2024, 1:24 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, OW Emerald, HH Diamond
Ask me how I got an upcoming three night stay at this Rosewood down to $133/nt? PLUS two included 50-min massages?

I'll tell you.

Amex Plat w/ current 3rd night free promo

Charge
$750 all-in cost for three nightsCredits
$200 Amex Plat hotel statement credit
$150 to spend on site
Two 50-minute free massages

Net: $750 - $200 - $150 = $400 / 3 = $133 per night

WHAT'S INCLUDED
-Luxurious accommodations
-Stay 2 nights, receive the 3rd night complimentary
-Complimentary wireless Internet access
-Noon check-in, if available
-Room upgrade if available at time of arrival
-Daily breakfast for up to two guests valued up to 120USD credit
-A complimentary 50-minute massage for up to 2 guests per room, once during your stay
-4pm late check out
-USD$150 Property credit to be used during your stay.

Last edited by vivrant; May 23, 2024 at 1:53 pm
Old May 25, 2024, 8:31 pm

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by kosy91
Is there a more recent review of this property? I am intending to go there in November this year? Under Rosewood Elite (I'm my own travel agent...) they are doing 3rd night fee and the usual benefits (instant upgrade, credit breakfast) so it's turning out to be incredible value. Any thoughts from recent stays? Thanks.
I am interested in this too since mine was one of the negative reviews based primarily on service and breakfast, but a lot of the hard product here is really quite good. In particular, the Rosewood Suite I had was stunning, with that $10MM Manhattan loft vibe. The pool is the only major hard product fail.
Old May 25, 2024, 11:56 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, Hyatt Prive, Hilton Impressario, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Roswood Elite, MO Fan Club
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
I am interested in this too since mine was one of the negative reviews based primarily on service and breakfast, but a lot of the hard product here is really quite good. In particular, the Rosewood Suite I had was stunning, with that $10MM Manhattan loft vibe. The pool is the only major hard product fail.
Ive now decided to do four nights at FS Chao Phraya.
Old May 26, 2024, 12:06 am

Programs: Some
I’ve now decided to do four nights at FS Chao Phraya.
The Rosewood hard product (rooms) looks better. I also can’t bring myself to book FS as I always just book Capella and walk across and get the best of both worlds. FS is one hotel that just doesn’t make sense to me, particularly given all the reviews I’ve seen of breakfast are also poor and the service sounds mixed (although it’s been fine when I’ve visited the restaurants).
Old May 26, 2024, 12:14 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
The Rosewood hard product (rooms) looks better. I also cant bring myself to book FS as I always just book Capella and walk across and get the best of both worlds. FS is one hotel that just doesnt make sense to me, particularly given all the reviews Ive seen of breakfast are also poor and the service sounds mixed (although its been fine when Ive visited the restaurants).
Interesting. I had clients booked in a few nights in FS and Capella and they enjoyed FS much more than Capella
Old May 26, 2024, 12:28 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Interesting. I had clients booked in a few nights in FS and Capella and they enjoyed FS much more than Capella
What was more enjoyable specifically?

Four Seasons has 3x the number of rooms than Capella and can hardly feel as luxury as Capella, by design. At FS we are no-name and staff don't know us, whereas at Capella it's a lot more private and personal. Rosewood's room count is closer to Capella than it is to FS and it feels that way.

The changes needed for Rosewood to become a good luxury hotel seem easier and more achievable than they would be for FS.
Old May 26, 2024, 1:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by escape4
What was more enjoyable specifically?

Four Seasons has 3x the number of rooms than Capella and can hardly feel as luxury as Capella, by design. At FS we are no-name and staff don't know us, whereas at Capella it's a lot more private and personal. Rosewood's room count is closer to Capella than it is to FS and it feels that way.

The changes needed for Rosewood to become a good luxury hotel seem easier and more achievable than they would be for FS.
Capella rooms/suites/villas are a lot more compelling too. A much better sense of place than FS. The biggest problem for Rosewood is the pool situation.
Old May 26, 2024, 4:46 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by Aventine
Capella rooms/suites/villas are a lot more compelling too. A much better sense of place than FS. The biggest problem for Rosewood is the pool situation.
FS is more comparable to Capella than Rosewood due to location, and if we are going to make that comparison I would completely discard the first two room types at FS because such rooms don't even exist at Capella (no view). Then suddenly the price difference between the two hotels becomes small and is simply hard to justify paying this price for FS over Capella, at least for me.

Personally I thought the main problem of Rosewood was service; regarding the pool I will take your word for it. Bangkok is not a destination where I often use pools except for 137 Pillars which is the creme of the crop, so Rosewood having an unpleasant pool is not necessarily a deal breaker for me. That said I can understand that others would find it unacceptable. I guess the alternative is to book a room with private plunge pool at Rosewood, which coincidentally Capella also has, and FS does not.
kosy91 likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.