Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Hotels near the Louvre?

Hotels near the Louvre?

Old Jun 13, 19, 1:30 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by richarddd View Post
I do wonder what's wrong with the Regina (or the newly re-opened Hotel du Louvre).

Most people I know would recoil at the idea that over $1,000/night is "budget friendly"
Don´t forget were you are. There may nothing be wrong with Louvre or Regina but it may also not be on one level with the high end luxury hotels. This said you nevertheless may have a nice stay but again, don´t forget were you are. If you want real luxury and 50 sqm+ 1000 $ (or even €) are relatively budget friendly if you compare it with other hotels. .
Old Jun 13, 19, 2:56 pm

Programs: AAplat., delta, amex,United,Hertz gold, many others
I think it might be worth looking into the Intercontinental.
Old Jun 13, 19, 3:15 pm
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by Srklaw7 View Post
I think it might be worth looking into the Intercontinental.
My parents stayed some years ago and said it was totally tired. If they didn´t major renovations I´m not sure if it is a good option. If I´m Right it´s not even a regular 5 star hotel today, it only holds 4 stars.
Old Jun 13, 19, 3:27 pm

Programs: Virtuoso, Four Seasons PP, Belmond BC, Dorchester DC, Hyatt Prive, MO Fan Club, Peninsula, Rosewood
Originally Posted by richarddd View Post
Alas, the MO is more expensive than I'd like. For my dates, a 55sqm junior suite is about E1,500/night.
They do have a complimentary night promotion on at the moment, using this could balance the price out to be more within your budget?

Enjoy a Complimentary 3rd night when staying at Mandarin Oriental, Paris

Offer valid for bookings until September 2nd 2019

Minimum of 3-night stay is required for suites
offerendum likes this.
Old Jun 14, 19, 5:02 am

Saint James Albany Paris Hôtel Spa

While not super luxurious, we had a lovely duplex room (upstairs bedroom and bath, downstairs sitting room and half bath) last summer at Saint James Albany Paris Hôtel Spa. It’s right there on Rue de Rivoli and really was delightful. No where near as expensive as 1K euro/night.

We spent our hotel $$ savings on amazing meals at Arpège and 114 Rue du Faubourg Saint-Honoré (In The Bristol Hotel). Enjoy!!
Old Jun 14, 19, 7:28 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by docnilay View Post
While not super luxurious, we had a lovely duplex room (upstairs bedroom and bath, downstairs sitting room and half bath) last summer at Saint James Albany Paris Hôtel Spa. It’s right there on Rue de Rivoli and really was delightful. No where near as expensive as 1K euro/night.

We spent our hotel $$ savings on amazing meals at Arpège and 114 Rue du Faubourg Saint-Honoré (In The Bristol Hotel). Enjoy!!
Curious I looked up the hotel as we are planning a trip to Paris and the price range is in our realm. The reviews are terrible.... especially of late.
Old Jun 14, 19, 8:45 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by offerendum View Post
Don´t forget were you are. There may nothing be wrong with Louvre or Regina but it may also not be on one level with the high end luxury hotels. This said you nevertheless may have a nice stay but again, don´t forget were you are. If you want real luxury and 50 sqm+ 1000 $ (or even €) are relatively budget friendly if you compare it with other hotels. .
I suppose my question is how do the Hotel du Louvre or the Regina fall short of a luxury hotel? From the pictures, the rooms appear within the range of this forum (although certainly not the higher end of this forum). Service and other aspects are obviously harder to figure out from pictures.

I agree with your last sentence for high end Paris hotels. See the smiley at the end of my post.
Old Jun 14, 19, 8:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dylanc View Post
They do have a complimentary night promotion on at the moment, using this could balance the price out to be more within your budget?

Enjoy a Complimentary 3rd night when staying at Mandarin Oriental, Paris

Offer valid for bookings until September 2nd 2019

Minimum of 3-night stay is required for suites
I'm planning for a post-September stay, but that would certainly help with pricing. Perhaps they'll run it again later.

Nothing like planning way in advance :-)