Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Four Seasons Seychelles - Upgrades & Best Villa Numbers

Old Jun 7, 2019, 3:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium/Amex Platinum/Hilton Gold/United Silver/AA Gold

We are headed to the Four Seasons Seychelles (FS Seychelles) in September for our wedding anniversary. We got a good deal by emailing the hotel directly. We decided to go with the Garden View Villa and hope for an upgrade. Any ideas/tips/tricks on increases our chances on getting an upgrade?

We informed the FS that we are there celebrating our wedding anniversary, so hopefully that will help.

Any tips on best villa numbers to request for Ocean View and Garden View Villas?

Any advice would be appreciated!!! Thanks.
EmpressRouge likes this.

Last edited by Addicted2Trvl; Jun 7, 2019 at 6:06 pm
Old Jun 7, 2019, 7:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Addicted2Trvl
We are headed to the Four Seasons Seychelles (FS Seychelles) in September for our wedding anniversary. We got a good deal by emailing the hotel directly. We decided to go with the Garden View Villa and hope for an upgrade. Any ideas/tips/tricks on increases our chances on getting an upgrade?

We informed the FS that we are there celebrating our wedding anniversary, so hopefully that will help.

Any tips on best villa numbers to request for Ocean View and Garden View Villas?

Any advice would be appreciated!!! Thanks.
Make the booking through an FSPP agent may help with an upgrade.
offerendum and EmpressRouge like this.
Old Jun 8, 2019, 5:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Personally I would only book a garden Villa if there with small children (in this case would book a residence btw). Otherwise I wouldnt risk anythink as I think the garden villas are regarding location below the other options.
EmpressRouge likes this.
Old Jun 8, 2019, 9:43 am

I'm looking to book a 5-night stay here in November and I'm seeing a 30% early bird savings promo. I'll be booking through the Citi thankyou portal (where they do have that 30% off rate) so I can take advantage of my 4th Night Free benefit and am not expecting any upgrades. It seems like for a few days during my stay, all the Ocean view villas are sold out, so I'd have to book a garden villa or splurge on a hilltop ocean view villa. The price difference will come to about 1200 euros for the 5-night stay and wondering if it's worth it. I haven't seen many pictures or videos online about the views from the garden villa (other than described as jungle and not getting much sunlight). We're not traveling with kids but wouldn't mind being a closer walk to the beach. Am also considering saving money by staying at the Hilton Northolme, but the resort seems too small to occupy us for 4-5 nights.

Other questions I have about this FS: are there any casual restaurants that we can walk to from the resort (within 20 minutes each way)? I prefer not to eat at the hotel for every meal, every day. For a 5 night stay, is it worth renting a car for 1 day to explore Mahe? Going to Praslin or La Digue for day?
Old Jun 8, 2019, 3:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by EmpressRouge
I'm looking to book a 5-night stay here in November and I'm seeing a 30% early bird savings promo. I'll be booking through the Citi thankyou portal (where they do have that 30% off rate) so I can take advantage of my 4th Night Free benefit and am not expecting any upgrades. It seems like for a few days during my stay, all the Ocean view villas are sold out, so I'd have to book a garden villa or splurge on a hilltop ocean view villa. The price difference will come to about 1200 euros for the 5-night stay and wondering if it's worth it. I haven't seen many pictures or videos online about the views from the garden villa (other than described as jungle and not getting much sunlight). We're not traveling with kids but wouldn't mind being a closer walk to the beach. Am also considering saving money by staying at the Hilton Northolme, but the resort seems too small to occupy us for 4-5 nights.

Other questions I have about this FS: are there any casual restaurants that we can walk to from the resort (within 20 minutes each way)? I prefer not to eat at the hotel for every meal, every day. For a 5 night stay, is it worth renting a car for 1 day to explore Mahe? Going to Praslin or La Digue for day?
First: 1200 for 5 days is a no- brainer for me. The garden villas have a terrible location. The view is sometimes the walkway to the pool, not very private. Would think if 1200 per night but not if 5 days.

Comparing Hilton and FS is for me like buying a S-Class or VW Passat.

If you ask me no non-hotel restaurants are in working distance. Without a car you more or less can only stay at the resort. Mahe has a lot to offer, shame not exploring it. Would rent for all 5 days. Praslin/ Digue is a good idea, but reaching the harbor by taxi would be very expensive, on Praslin you need a car or organized trip.

scented and EmpressRouge like this.
Old Jun 8, 2019, 4:50 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Rent a car. It is cheap. By the time you taxi both ways, you are almost the same amount, and with a car you can explore. Tons of great beaches by the FS. You want a car.
EmpressRouge and offerendum like this.
Old Jun 8, 2019, 5:38 pm
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: UA1K, *G & Wife of UA1K MM
Here’s my old FS Seychelles trip report. It has references/pictures to hilltop ocean view.
Trip Report: Four Seasons Doha & Four Seasons Seychelles
EmpressRouge and obscure2k like this.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 5:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This is my 6 years old report:
Four Seasons Resort Seychelles - Paradise found?

Will have a look if I photographed a garden villa
EmpressRouge likes this.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 5:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This could be a garden Villa but nor 100% sure. I remember them more public but perhaps Im wrong.
EmpressRouge likes this.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 9:11 am
Aman Contributor Badge

We were in a garden villa when we stayed at FS Seychelles many years ago when we were there in 2009. Our son was 5 years old by then, so the garden villa was very convenient. We made sure to ask for a private villa which we got (some of the garden villas were absolutely not private as guests walking by could see terrasse and outside shower), but the view was just trees. Quite a lot of instects as well at night time. I will try to upload some pictures. Knowing how beautiful the view is at this resort, I would definitely make sure to get one of the villas higher up.
EmpressRouge and offerendum like this.

Last edited by Musken; Jun 9, 2019 at 9:20 am Reason: Added pics
Old Jun 10, 2019, 9:59 pm

Currently still in Seychelles, we stayed last week at FS Mah. We booked a Hilltop Room and received a upgrade to a Serenity Villa. The view is amazing and please try at least to book a Ocean view room otherwise I think its youll miss the best part of the resort. Food is expensive and could be better also there should be more options. No close restaurants nearby so youll need a car. Overall we enjoyed our stay and its worth to visit.

We stayed at villa 611, attached a picture.
Musken and offerendum like this.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 8:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium/Amex Platinum/Hilton Gold/United Silver/AA Gold
Originally Posted by landing
Currently still in Seychelles, we stayed last week at FS Mah. We booked a Hilltop Room and received a upgrade to a Serenity Villa. The view is amazing and please try at least to book a Ocean view room otherwise I think its youll miss the best part of the resort. Food is expensive and could be better also there should be more options. No close restaurants nearby so youll need a car. Overall we enjoyed our stay and its worth to visit.

We stayed at villa 611, attached a picture.
View looks amazing! Thanks for sharing.

When you booked, did you book directly with FS Seychelles or with a FSPP agent?
Old Jun 11, 2019, 8:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If you dont have a direct contact to the hote to negotiate (like some here do)l booking through a FSPP agent is the only rational way to book. Remember that every rate you get online is also available via FSPP.
Musken likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 9:41 am

View looks amazing! Thanks for sharing.

I booked through a FSPP here on Flyertalk. Send you PM.

Old Jun 14, 2019, 12:00 am

Originally Posted by offerendum
First: 1200 € for 5 days is a no- brainer for me. The garden villas have a terrible location. The view is sometimes the walkway to the pool, not very private. Would think if 1200 per night but not if 5 days.
Okay, I decided to take your advice and get the hilltop villa. I noticed the daily room rates fluctuating by about 150 euros recently and saw it drop again today. I cancelled a previous reservation and rebooked at the lower rate, so I figured I managed to save money.

Originally Posted by offerendum
If you ask me no non-hotel restaurants are in working distance. Without a car you more or less can only stay at the resort. Mahe has a lot to offer, shame not exploring it. Would rent for all 5 days.
Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
Rent a car. It is cheap. By the time you taxi both ways, you are almost the same amount, and with a car you can explore. Tons of great beaches by the FS. You want a car.
How is the drive from the airport to the Four Seasons? We've driven on the left before and realize it's not too bad of an adjustment (biggest challenge was accidentally turning on the windshield wiper instead the turn-signal). However, I'm wondering how alert I need to be given road/traffic conditions and coming off an overnight flight from Europe?
Also, any recommendations for rental car companies? Should I pick up at the airport?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.