Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Amanjiwo - butler service in suite

Old Apr 24, 19, 8:35 am
Original Poster

HI all,

I have just booked into Amanjiwo (first ever Aman Hotel!). I have booked the Dalem Jiwo Suite which has its own pool and comes with butler service. I have read a few reviews on FlyerTalk about this resort and I am very excited. One poster mentioned they liked the services of the butlers however I would like to know more about what makes it special. Do they just deliver drinks to you at your private pool?

PS general opinions or examples of good service at this hotel would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance
Old Apr 24, 19, 3:47 pm

It’s not only drinks, it’s refreshing towels when you’re in the pool, setting the breakfast in the early morning, even serving you at the main restaurant, arranging logistics details of your stay, and so much more.

The Dalem Jiwo Suite is very special
scented likes this.
Old Apr 25, 19, 3:32 am
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: UA1K, *G & Wife of UA1K MM
Not sure if my trip report was one of the ones that you read (it’s from 2006!). But here’s a snippet about the Dalem Jiwo suite and the butlers...

Dalem Jiwo Suite *
We originally reserved this suite using the cultural package and availing only one bedroom, but felt so guilty having such a lovely place to ourselves that we decided to invite Mr. Ericka’s parents along at the last minute. The room did not disappoint and the GM had a chilled bottle of Dom Perignon waiting for us on arrival. Sean then introduced us to the two butlers, Djoko and Dodo who would help us throughout the week with packing and unpacking, planning and rescheduling activities, meals and room service, tidying the suite when we weren’t looking, making my doctor’s appointments., in short - everything. We rarely had to deal with other staff members while we were there, which was nice because these two spoke wonderful English and were such a pleasure to be around. The most amazing thing is that somehow, they knew when we were up and around and in need of refreshment, even when it was late at night or the wee hours of the morning.

The Dalem Jiwo suite is a limestone-walled compound made up of a private entrance courtyard, 2 free standing “bedrooms” (each like the standard rooms with terrazzo flooring, a columned raised bed, sitting area, bathroom, outdoor bathtub and garden, and private patio), butler’s quarters, a 15 meter infinity swimming pool made of green Javanese stone, 2 large poolside bales, and a dramatic, raised rotunda where we spent most of our time reading on the oversized daybed and enjoying “room service” at the large dining table. The views of Borobudur from the suite were certainly some of the best on the property.
SanDiego1K and KatW like this.
Old Apr 25, 19, 11:33 am
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by Ericka View Post
The most amazing thing is that somehow, they knew when we were up and around and in need of refreshment, even when it was late at night or the wee hours of the morning.
CCTV

Without joking: If I´m in my room I like to be alone. Not sure how it fits with such a (without doubt great) service.
Old Apr 25, 19, 1:54 pm
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: UA1K, *G & Wife of UA1K MM
Originally Posted by offerendum View Post
CCTV

Without joking: If I´m in my room I like to be alone. Not sure how it fits with such a (without doubt great) service.
LOL! So in this case, the “room” would be the free standing bedrooms where we were indeed left alone. Once we were out in the public areas like the rotunda and pool, we were asked if we needed anything. It certainly didn’t feel overdone or uncomfortable.
Old May 1, 19, 4:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Originally Posted by Flyerandmedic View Post
I have just booked into Amanjiwo (first ever Aman Hotel!). I have booked the Dalem Jiwo Suite
I am not jealous at all!

I've been wanting to try this place, and that suite, out for some time now.

Search this Thread