FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Luxury Hotels and Travel (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxury-hotels-travel-220/)
-   -   Portrait Firenze? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxury-hotels-travel/1966135-portrait-firenze.html)

richarddd Apr 19, 2019 5:54 pm

Portrait Firenze?

We're thinking of staying at the Portrait Firenze, but are concerned about noise, as it's on a very noisy street. Would someone who has stayed there please comment on the sound levels in the rooms?

It's in an ideal location for us - a nice view of the Arno and a short walk to the Uffizi. However, if we are going to be disturbed by street noise, it's not worth it.

op487062 Apr 19, 2019 5:58 pm

I stayed in a junior suite a couple years ago. Nice hotel and good location, but my room was on the second story and there was a lot of street noise at night since it's a popular area.

Maybe if you get a higher floor?

richarddd Apr 19, 2019 6:26 pm

If lower floors are noisy, I would doubt that higher floors are that much quieter, especially given that there aren't that many floors.

Oh, well.

LinLant Apr 20, 2019 7:44 am

We stayed there in a junior suite on an upper floor. We did not have a street view, but a view of the outdoor deck. It was not noisy. Very convenient location. I still remember the amazing crisp sheets!

livefromtuscany Apr 21, 2019 4:45 am

It's a great boutique hotel in a perfect location, but there certainly is street noise, not just from the street our front, but also from the small streets on the side, where all through the night they are doing deliveries, garbage pick-up, laundry trucks, etc.

If noise is an issue, look into Hotel Lungarno (same group) on the other side of the river, where no street is passing outside, the hotel is right on the river.

richarddd Apr 21, 2019 5:23 am

Originally Posted by livefromtuscany (Post 31022008)
It's a great boutique hotel in a perfect location, but there certainly is street noise, not just from the street our front, but also from the small streets on the side, where all through the night they are doing deliveries, garbage pick-up, laundry trucks, etc.

If noise is an issue, look into Hotel Lungarno (same group) on the other side of the river, where no street is passing outside, the hotel is right on the river.

Comparably priced rooms at the Lungarno rooms seem to be much smaller. For example, an Executive Double Terrace at the Lungarno is 28 sqm while a Superior Suite River View at the Portrait is 52 sqm, even though prices are within about 5% (at least for the dates I checked). Pictures on the web site are consistent with the sizes.

I feel I must be missing something.

LinLant Apr 21, 2019 9:09 am

Correction. We did not stay in a junior suite. It was quite small, but it was quiet.
Upon further research, no wonder our room was so quiet. We were at JK Place Firenze, not Portrait Firenze!

kajonesbu Apr 21, 2019 7:39 pm

Stayed there a few years ago. One of the best designed rooms I've ever stayed in. Great location and one of the reasons we picked it over the Four Seasons. Don't remember any noise from the street.