FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Luxury Hotels and Travel (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxury-hotels-travel-220/)
-   -   Short but sweet 1 night stay Hazelton Toronto (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxury-hotels-travel/1964292-short-but-sweet-1-night-stay-hazelton-toronto.html)

specboi Apr 6, 2019 9:36 pm

Short but sweet 1 night stay Hazelton Toronto

Introduction I had the opportunity to stay 1 night at the Hazelton before a 4 night work conference which took place at the newly opened Hotel X. This stay was out of pocket, but it was on a corporate rate. Check In I checked in fairly late as I went to dinner first after landing in Toronto.I was impresed by the check in staff, whom immediately guessed my name, I guess I was the last confirmed guest to check in that day.Check In was quick, I was offered water while the agent procesed the check in, he noticed it was my birthday and immediately offered to upgrade me to the Executive suite, which is one catagory up from the Luxury King Room that I had booked. Room The room was massive, I was most impressed by the large bathroom, bath salt was already in the room which was nice, as often times I found myself having to call to request for bathsalt to be delivered. The tub was large and deep, however it was not a double width tub, so far the only double width tub that i've seen is at the Rosewood in Beijing. I would have also prefered if this tub had a soft back rest (also found at the Rosewood Beijing Tub) However, later on I kind of regreted taking the upgrade. As some of the Luxury King Rooms have a balcony that faces Yorkville Ave, which would be a great spot to lounge and have a morning coffee while you people watched, where as the suite had a large living room that I did not need (I was traveling solo for work)My reccomendation would be to take the luxury room with the balcony unless you really needed the living room. Service Couldn't comment too much on the service as it was a short one night stay. However on the 2nd day, the staff greeted me by name in the lobby and wished me a happy birthday. Not sure how they recognized me, but they did. I also had an opportunity to experience the spa, it was a small spa facility, but the massage quality was good, the spa team also gave me a take home goodie bag for my birthday as well. One area that I was disappointed, was that the House Car service is only available from 7am to 11am in the morning, which I found really weird. Location I love being in the heart of Yorkville, lots of great jobs, cafes and resturants. Not a great location if you need to be in the heart of the financial district, but for leisure travel this is great. Overall Overall this was a great stay, the property reminded me a little of the Hotel Georgia, but I like the neighbourhood of Yorkville a lot better than where Hotel Georgia is located in Vancouver. Not sure how this property compares with the Four Seasons near by, but I would definately stay here again if I am looking for a luxury hotel in Yorkville.

Aventine Apr 6, 2019 10:28 pm

How did you book this hotel and is it part of any luxury hotel programs or groups?

specboi Apr 6, 2019 10:33 pm

Originally Posted by Aventine (Post 30973453)
How did you book this hotel and is it part of any luxury hotel programs or groups?

I booked directly with the hotel as I had access to a corporate rate through my work.
However this hotel is a member of Virtuoso.

Couple things I forgot to add.
Hotel only has 77 rooms/suites, which makes it a boutique hotel.
the mini bar was complimentary for non alcoholic beverages, which is always nice to know you won't be charged $15 for drinking a bottle of the fiji water in the fridge

xray Apr 7, 2019 10:30 am

It's also FHR and the upgrade is usually a given. Breakfast is excellent. IMO, it's the best luxury option in Toronto. Executive suite is the best option for space. However, all the rooms are spacious and there are only a few true balconies so that usually isn't an option. Rooms facing Yorkville Ave can be a bit noisy on weekend nights. Room service food is excellent as the food is from One restaurant. Very good massages at the spa which also carries Valmont products for esthetics. It's pet-friendly so it's our go-to choice for last minute weekends in Toronto...

Also, the consistency of the hard product, service and amenities is second to none. When you stay at a property repeatedly over a decade, this cannot be underestimated.

offerendum Apr 8, 2019 3:18 pm

It looks definitely nice