Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Luxury Villa - Europe in August

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2019, 12:21 pm
Original Poster

Luxury Villa - Europe in August

I am looking for a Luxury Villa to stay with extended family, including 3 young kids. We are looking for something in Europe at the end of August. It could be located within a 5* hotel/resort or a private residence. We would like a good size pool, nice beach nearby or sea views would be great but not essential, somewhere within walking distance to a nice village/town where we can walk with the kids to eat dinner/lunch.

I did a search but couldn't find a thread, although I'm sure there is one!
Old Mar 22, 2019, 2:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

general budget? how many bedrooms?

there are definitely luxury hotel villa options
and rentals at hotels, like ex-FS provence

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Mar 22, 2019 at 3:03 pm
Old Mar 22, 2019, 6:06 pm
Original Poster

We need 3-4 bedrooms but can go larger, depending on the place. And budget -- we are flexible -- $10-20K
Old Mar 22, 2019, 8:06 pm

MO Lake Como opens soon, and Villa Del Lago could fit what you're looking for. No sea, but there is a lake. No reviews yet as the resort hasn't opened, but check it out in a month or two and see if it fits.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 9:37 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

I had an excellent experience with this company: https://www.veniceprestige.com
I don't recommend visiting Venice in August, but can recommend this company
Old Mar 23, 2019, 6:43 am
formerly vienna-resident
Marriott Contributor Badge

Rosewood Castiglion del Bosco in Tuscany has some very nice multi-bedroom villas with pool with in the resort. It’s not within walking distance to any village, but Montalcino is not far away. The sea is close enough to make day trips to the beach a possibility.
Old Mar 23, 2019, 3:51 pm

Programs: Delta GM, Amex Reserve, Amex Plat, JP Morgan Palladium
You might want to look at the villas at the Finca Cortesin in Spain. It is right on the Med and the views look great. We will be there in June and I will report back.

Another nice option would be the Chateau St Martin in Vence. It is lovely and they have some nice villas that hit most of your requirements.
BESVISOR likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2019, 9:40 pm
formerly htang333
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
+1 that there are many options for you to choose from.

Also agree that Rosewood Castiglion del Bosco in Tuscany has great Villas but a bit removed so you'll need to get a car. But just hopped on to see there are promotions and Rosewood Elite offers 4th night free in August so that should be great and it's stackable.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 8:57 am

We've stayed at the villas in Chateau Saint-Martin in Vence and they are lovely. They had a refurbishment recently. Expect to pay around $3k per night at the end of August for a 3 bedroom villa. We have also stayed at Rose Pierre at FS Cap Ferrat and it was lovely though however depending on the length of your stay may be beyond the budget. I would also suggest looking at Eleana at Hotel du Cap Eden Roc but I think it's probably booked at this stage.
BESVISOR likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 9:08 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Isn't it late to be reserving a Southern Europe beach villa now for August of this year? I'd worry that most of the good options would already be gone.

August is vacation month in France and some people book the same accommodations (especially within luxury hotels) every year.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 9:30 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Isn't it late to be reserving a Southern Europe beach villa now for August of this year? I'd worry that most of the good options would already be gone.

August is vacation month in France and some people book the same accommodations (especially within luxury hotels) every year.
It depends on which property it is really. Hotel du Cap - no chance. You won't get a reservation there without knowing someone who has stayed before or until they feel all returners have had their pick of the reservations. They usually open up reservations to everyone else at the beginning of July-ish. FS Cap Ferrat - they're not usually booked up until the last minute even in August though I don't about the villa as we booked months in advance. Chateau Saint-Martin - I've booked a villa with only 2 weeks notice before in August and got exactly what I wanted but I was a returning guest.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 9:45 am
formerly htang333
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
It never hurts to just ask and see...Sometimes there are ways to get special access/inventory even when sold out. Not always, but sometimes.
offerendum likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 10:57 am
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Many of these suggestions punch way higher than the budget quoted in dollars in post #3
Old Mar 25, 2019, 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by ABG
Many of these suggestions punch way higher than the budget quoted in dollars in post #3
Sometimes being given a great suggestion makes you resize the budget - I know it has with me many times.
ABG and lisagurl2 like this.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 9:02 am
Original Poster

Exactly ... we are quite flexible if we find an amazing option.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.