Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rosewood Hong Kong

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2019, 5:50 am
formerly htang333
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
Originally Posted by Aventine
How many Deluxe Harbour view suites are there? I'm guessing everyone is going for a suite when staying there.
Yes, it seems they are selling those suites really well. I don't have the exact numbers but they do have a healthy amount of suites in total. maybe 90-ish. So maybe 25 of those are the Grand Habour Corner Suites and then another couple dozens suites across the "non-corner" harbour view categories.

But yeah, this is one hotel where I would really push hard for a suite. Typing this from the Manor Club and still very impressed at the quality of the food and staff here.
Today was day #2 and just about 75% of the staff in the Manor Club addressed me by name. Was not expecting that.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 5:52 am
formerly htang333

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
Originally Posted by Nizar
There are no mention of the Harbour House and the Garden House on the website, the top suites with private lap pools as mentioned in the press release below ?
https://www.rosewoodhotels.com/en/ho...h-2019-Opening

Any ideas ?
They are working on those, still. Should be done in the next month or two, I think. Supposed to be stunning but haven't seen the "work in progress" yet.
Again, given the quality of the regular suites, I'd think the specialty suites will be very impressive.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 7:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by BESVISOR
Yes, it seems they are selling those suites really well. I don't have the exact numbers but they do have a healthy amount of suites in total. maybe 90-ish. So maybe 25 of those are the Grand Habour Corner Suites and then another couple dozens suites across the "non-corner" harbour view categories.

But yeah, this is one hotel where I would really push hard for a suite. Typing this from the Manor Club and still very impressed at the quality of the food and staff here.
Today was day #2 and just about 75% of the staff in the Manor Club addressed me by name. Was not expecting that.
I'm betting they poached the best of FS, Pen and MO.
BESVISOR likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 7:50 am

Just posted tour of the Grand Harbour Corner Suite on my Instagram story...it's an AMAZING suite!!! I don't think any other hotel here can really compare with its views. Specially at sunset.
Would highly suggest booking the Deluxe Harbour Suite and upgrade at booking (via ELITE) to the Grand Harbour Corner Suite.

I will post photos post trip but even the entry Kowloon Peak Suite has a wide view of the Harbour but just to the west side so you're not able to see the skyline in central.

Posted a video of the outdoor pool as well.
When you posted videos of your first room, I wasn't all that impressed. I didn't love the décor, the bathroom was way over the top, and it just didn't have the same wow factor as Rosewood's Beijing and London properties.

As soon as I saw that Corner Suite and pool, I was sold. The view from the Corner Suite is spectacular, and the outdoor pool couldn't be in a better position. I kid you not, my jaw dropped when I saw the view. Manor Club looks really great, too.

I've always preferred the RC over the FS, MO, and Pen when I've been in Hong Kong. I've pledged to stay at The Upper House next time I'm in the city for a personal trip, and it looks like I'll have to add the Rosewood to that list. It really does look amazing, and we'll see if either it or TUH can replace RCHK as my go-to hotel.

As a side note, Doronin is going to have a really hard time if he tries to create an Aman Hong Kong. There are too many great properties already in the city. Isn't there a StR under construction right now, too?
vuittonsofstyle and specboi like this.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 8:34 am
formerly htang333

Originally Posted by MicSanToro
When you posted videos of your first room, I wasn't all that impressed. I didn't love the décor, the bathroom was way over the top, and it just didn't have the same wow factor as Rosewood's Beijing and London properties.

As soon as I saw that Corner Suite and pool, I was sold. The view from the Corner Suite is spectacular, and the outdoor pool couldn't be in a better position. I kid you not, my jaw dropped when I saw the view. Manor Club looks really great, too.

I've always preferred the RC over the FS, MO, and Pen when I've been in Hong Kong. I've pledged to stay at The Upper House next time I'm in the city for a personal trip, and it looks like I'll have to add the Rosewood to that list. It really does look amazing, and we'll see if either it or TUH can replace RCHK as my go-to hotel.

As a side note, Doronin is going to have a really hard time if he tries to create an Aman Hong Kong. There are too many great properties already in the city. Isn't there a StR under construction right now, too?
Absolutely fair and of course just because I love the decor and aesthetic doesn't mean I think everyone else will like it as well. But I must say it feels like someone's luxury flat/apartment vs. a hotel. The bathroom is a bit over the top but I think that's the only area designed this way. The rooms and all else feels elegant and a subtle luxury vibe. That's the atmosphere I felt when I arrived and still feel. If you're looking for interesting design details, there are plenty to notice and appreciate but at the same time, you could easily just be super comfy and relax as if it's your home.

But you're right, the views from the corner suites are the best in the city. Never seen anything like it here.

I had breakfast at the main lobby restaurant today (instead of the Manor Club) and the quality was great! Rosewood Elite or Virtuoso guests should be able to have the buffet + ordering items off of the menu. They were very generous about it.

On day 2, the Manor Club is only getting better from a service level. Just got a pillow with my initials on it during turndown, so that's a lovely touch as well.

On a negative note, the pool and spa aren't open yet. Not for few more weeks at least.
I had a treatment today and it was just on the 27th floor where they've turned a few suites into treatment suites. It was great and fine, but I would certainly be eager to see the actual Spa, soon.
specboi likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 9:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Absolutely fair and of course just because I love the decor and aesthetic doesn't mean I think everyone else will like it as well. But I must say it feels like someone's luxury flat/apartment vs. a hotel. The bathroom is a bit over the top but I think that's the only area designed this way. The rooms and all else feels elegant and a subtle luxury vibe. That's the atmosphere I felt when I arrived and still feel. If you're looking for interesting design details, there are plenty to notice and appreciate but at the same time, you could easily just be super comfy and relax as if it's your home.

But you're right, the views from the corner suites are the best in the city. Never seen anything like it here.

I had breakfast at the main lobby restaurant today (instead of the Manor Club) and the quality was great! Rosewood Elite or Virtuoso guests should be able to have the buffet + ordering items off of the menu. They were very generous about it.

On day 2, the Manor Club is only getting better from a service level. Just got a pillow with my initials on it during turndown, so that's a lovely touch as well.

On a negative note, the pool and spa aren't open yet. Not for few more weeks at least.
I had a treatment today and it was just on the 27th floor where they've turned a few suites into treatment suites. It was great and fine, but I would certainly be eager to see the actual Spa, soon.
Do the room and suites use Dyson air dryers like Rosewood Bangkok?

Just wow about the initialed pillowcase.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 9:34 am

Service sounds really great. My only issue with RCHK is that while the service is sometimes great, it isn’t consistently great. If the Rosewood is as good as you’re saying in terms of service, consider me impressed.

Obviously the Manor Club has food, but does the hotel have any other restaurants? One great part of RCHK is they have 3 separate Michelin starred restaurants in the ICC, two of which are part of the hotel (Tin Lung Heen & Tosca), meaning plenty of phenomenal meal options for lunch/dinner if you can’t leave the building.

Do the room and suites use Dyson air dryers like Rosewood Bangkok?

Yes. Hao showed them off on his Instagram story. He said something along the lines of “my wife would love this” iirc.

​​​​
Unfortunate they didn’t have them ready for opening day, but I likely won’t be back in Hong Kong until late-April unless something comes up last minute, so that’s not a big issue.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 10:10 am
Aman Contributor BadgeBanyan Contributor Badge

They did this at the RW Mayakoba too. Maybe it's a new Rosewood thing...
Old Mar 21, 2019, 3:43 pm

Any word on when the pool will be open? We're staying there for 3 nights early April and curious if it will be open then. It looks stunning and I was definitely looking forward to some pool time when planning this trip.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 4:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Rosewood’s 18 Specialty Suites will be launched in 2019.
2 Presidential Suites with garden and lap pool overlooking the Victoria Harbour

spa...suites for integrated overnight programs, outdoor pool

Originally Posted by xracer
They did this at the RW Mayakoba too. Maybe it's a new Rosewood thing...
likely becoming more common

peninsula LA has had for long time

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Mar 26, 2019 at 12:29 pm
Old Mar 21, 2019, 10:19 pm
formerly htang333

Hi all, trying to answer a few things and put down a few more thoughts..maybe I won't need to do a review then after the trip

Yes, they do have Dyson hairdryer in the bathroom.

I was on the Virtuoso pre-opening advisory board for Rosewood Hong Kong and we had discussed about the Pillow Initials being an offering but never really confirmed if it was a "Go" so I was curious and very happy that they decided to move forward with it. It certainly adds a special touch.

The pool is basically finished and ready to go. But they are just dealing with a permit issue to my knowledge and that could be resolved as quickly as a week or much longer. But I'd think they are going to be able to open by end of April. Fingers crossed.

They should have 5 restaurants up and running by Summer but as of now, I think there are only 2 live. Trying their Chinese restaurant tonight and will share feedback. But I toured the restaurant space yesterday and it's an amazing space. I'm tired of writing "Amazing" "Stunning" but it's true. And again, it perfectly fits my aesthetics and might not at all for others.

There are a couple large events taking place tomorrow and lot of people have arrived. So it feels busy now.
There was an elevator issue this morning and the team rushed to assist and had a lot of urgency to it. Also sent small amenities to impacted guests as an apology gesture for the troubles. I must say that the elevators do take painfully long...The waiting game is driving me a bit mad, actually. And there are 6 or 7 elevators in a row so I'm not sure what's the issue here.

I'm guessing there are going to be some hiccups this weekend with so many people here. But the one thing I've noticed and you can feel just within a short time on site is that all the staff teams are so proud of the hotel and seems happy to be working here. Every staff I've come across has greeted me with a smile, asking how my stay was and if there's anything they can do for me.

There are a ton of Rosewood management and VIPs on site to ensure all things are running smoothly and for tomorrow's event. So I would be curious how the service will evolve, once they are gone.
Again, the attitude of the teams here just seems to be very positive and that goes a long way in getting around any growing pains/learning curves.

Last edited by BESVISOR; Mar 22, 2019 at 8:25 pm
Old Mar 22, 2019, 5:25 am
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
See you tomorrow @BESVISOR
BESVISOR likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 8:22 pm
formerly htang333

Originally Posted by chinmoylad
See you tomorrow @BESVISOR
see you at 6
Old Mar 23, 2019, 6:53 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, AA 2.0 MM, DL Plat, Hertz Plat, LY Gold
What floors of the building are the rooms on?
Old Mar 23, 2019, 6:56 pm
formerly htang333

Originally Posted by damaxer91
What floors of the building are the rooms on?
I think it starts on 25 (which is already taller than Peninsula, I believe) and goes up to 39. I've been staying on 37 and the view is looking down on everything in Kowloon. In fact, a clear top down view of the Peninsula Heli-pad Cool to watch the choppers come and go, sometimes.

The Manor Club has an outdoor terrace that gives incredible views at sunsets and no obstructions.
damon88 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.