Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rosewood Miramar Beach Montecito - Now Open

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2019, 7:52 pm
Original Member

One-of-a-Kind Resort Retail
Hand-selected by Rick Caruso, goop occupies a brick-and-mortar retail space at the resort alongside The Gatehouse, a new California-inspired concept store curated by designer James Perse. The goop Sundries Shop at Rosewood Miramar Beach, which is the brand's first permanent hotel retail experience, combines goop-approved favorites in clean beauty, wellness, athleticwear and resort fashion with elevated beach essentials for travelers. Extending beyond the Sundries Shop, each guestroom at Rosewood Miramar Beach will feature a minibar offering an assortment of goop curated items.

This is a gift shop. I doubt guests will be able to buy mints, gum, aspirin and such as normally sold in a hotel sundries shop. It is in the Goop wellness and clean beauty lines where most of the controversy lies.

Last edited by KatW; Mar 12, 2019 at 8:14 pm
Old Mar 14, 2019, 5:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

forbes.com/sites/samanthasharf/2018/10/11/the-walt-disney-of-retail-meet-the-billionaire-building-the-malls-of-the-future-1
seems owner may be great in terms of investment in luxury hotel operations, but depends on relationship with rosewood

hollywoodreporter.com/news/how-gwyneth-paltrow-s-goop-brand-is-expanding-1174650
Paltrow will open her first permanent hotel retail experience at Rosewood Miramar Beach in Montecito, Calif, a resort owned by The Grove's developer Rick Caruso. Her new setup, Sundries Shop, will offer Paltrow’s faves in beauty, activewear and fashion with a specific focus on the beach (think sun protection skincare, swimsuits and beachy jewelry) inside a 400-square-foot space decorated like a Parisian apartment. Goop’s deal with Rosewood Miramar Beach includes a minibar in each guest room with Goopglow, a skin superpowder for mornings; Goopgenes, a marine collagen superpowder for hydrated skin; and the detoxifying G.Tox Travel Kit.
Originally Posted by KatW
Goop store comes close to endorsement.
Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
Hand-selected by Rick Caruso
endorsement and relationship >

gettyimages.com/detail/news-photo/rick-caruso-gwyneth-paltrow-host-cocktails-at-goop-news-photo/694201010
Rick Caruso & Gwyneth Paltrow Host Cocktails At goop-in@Nordstrom at The Grove
wwd.com/eye/parties/gallery/jennifer-meyer-boutique-opening-party-palisades-village-1202887109
Gwyneth Paltrow, Rick Caruso and Jennifer Meyer ... first store opening, in Caruso’s Palisades Village, drew an armful of stars from her Hollywood circle, from cohost Gwyneth Paltrow
Rick in the news this week >
tmz.com/2019/03/13/lori-loughlin-daughter-olivia-yacht-usc-board-of-trustees-rick-caruso
tmz.com/person/rick-caruso

southern california is a world of its own i think

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Mar 14, 2019 at 6:04 pm
Old Mar 14, 2019, 5:43 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
It's a boutique. It's one hotel. I don't spend a lot of time in a hotel boutique, so I could care less. Anywhere.
obscure2k likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 5:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

first link suggests he may be good owner, vs those who cut service because of cost

i imagine rosewood will like the guests they introduce to the brand there in southern california, and in future can pair with upcoming reopened kona village, currently saying 2022.
rosewoodhotels.com/en/luxury-hotels-and-resorts

seems likely goop products irrelevant vs PR factor of paltrow and her friends

(media coverage of hotel because paltrow is behind brand opening store there)

paltrow was among those invited for pre-opening stay by FS/aman cabo developer

Goop’s deal with Rosewood Miramar Beach includes a minibar in each guest room with Goopglow, a skin superpowder for mornings; Goopgenes, a marine collagen superpowder for hydrated skin; and the detoxifying G.Tox Travel Kit.
curious whether it's inside minibar (some hotels, even upscale, have all sorts of 'adult' things) or prominently displayed in room as some luxury hotels have done with alcohol for sale

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Mar 14, 2019 at 6:04 pm
Old Mar 14, 2019, 5:54 pm
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

If this heathen atheist can ignore the Mormon Bibles now in all of my favorite St Regis, Ritz-Carlton, and Luxury Collection hotels under the Marriott umbrella, I am pretty sure everyone can ignore the Goop.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 5:07 pm

It’s true. If this was a resort - or destination - that actually interested me, I’m sure I could overlook Goop.

But living in SoCal part of the year, personally, the SB/Montecito area bores me to tears. So, it’s an easy “skip”.

But, I’d be remiss if I didn’t make sure to say a hearty “thank you” to peter11 for the early review.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 12:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA, SPG
Here's a link to what it looks and sounds like as the train passes through as seen from the veranda. The beach bar is about 15 or 20 feet on the other side of the tracks....probably a little scary as the train passes .
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bu1qITNFs3b/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=kn0dni6zar3j
obscure2k, dgreen12 and bhrubin like this.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 12:41 pm
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

I’m still laughing for those who have no idea how often the trains come through Santa Barbara. It’s going to be a major factor for the Rosewood, just as it can be for many at the Four Seasons Biltmore.
dgreen12 likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 9:34 am

Programs: Delta GM, Amex Reserve, Amex Plat, JP Morgan Palladium
We are going to be out in Santa Barbara for a few days in July while our son is playing soccer in Goleta and I have no idea where we should stay. The RC Bacara is less than 1/2 the price of Rosewood and FS and is much closer to where he will be playing, but I just haven't been able to pull the trigger. El Encanto looks nice as well and is also much less expensive. Rosewood and FS both look great but the the train? Yikes! Does it run in the middle of the night?

We need a place where my wife and 16 year old daughter will enjoy spending time while I am taking our son to soccer.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 12:14 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Valveking
We are going to be out in Santa Barbara for a few days in July while our son is playing soccer in Goleta and I have no idea where we should stay. The RC Bacara is less than 1/2 the price of Rosewood and FS and is much closer to where he will be playing, but I just haven't been able to pull the trigger. El Encanto looks nice as well and is also much less expensive. Rosewood and FS both look great but the the train? Yikes! Does it run in the middle of the night?

We need a place where my wife and 16 year old daughter will enjoy spending time while I am taking our son to soccer.
Yes, the train runs at night, although I don't know the exact schedule and whether there is a quiet period in the middle of the night. I felt that the prices at Rosewood seemed aggressive. The RC is the logical choice for you in terms of location relative to the soccer. The El Encanto, as it seems you have discovered is the better value and is very nice, overlooking the city. It is less convenient for your event, but I like it better than RC. RC is on the beach, however, so that may push you back in that direction.

The other newer choice in town (albeit not quite the same level) is Hotel Californian (note the N at the end). It is located within a block of the beach and is a new build, opening about a year ago. It is a more urban location but depending on your interests, it is very well located for SB tourism. Bicycle rentals are close by, lots of beach, many local restaurants in walking distance, harbor and wharf walking distance, etc. The pool is on the rooftop and is small, so less of a resort atmosphere. Might be worth checking out.

El Encanto will be more quiet, removed from city and a bit more expensive. Hotel Californian should be a little cheaper and more in the middle of things you might want to see/do. RC, is most convenient but I don't like the property personally.

Edit: Something to note about the Hotel Californian is that the rooms are in two separate buildings across the street from each other. The all day dining restaurant is also in a separate building. I don't think this is a big deal but you might want to know this. Check out the photo gallery on their website and you'll get a good idea of the overall layout as they have a number of photos from the air that give you the flavor of the area.
SanDiego1K and damon88 like this.

Last edited by peter11; Mar 19, 2019 at 12:22 pm
Old Mar 19, 2019, 12:57 pm

Thanks for the tip about the Hotel Californian. It looks very interesting. Another issue I have is that I have a FS credit I need to spend and I might need to swallow hard and book a few nights at the VERY expensive FS Biltmore.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 6:37 pm

San Ysidro Ranch will be open again by July. Doesn't get any better...
Old Mar 23, 2019, 9:31 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the tip about the Hotel Californian. It looks very interesting. Another issue I have is that I have a FS credit I need to spend and I might need to swallow hard and book a few nights at the VERY expensive FS Biltmore.

The FS is nice but I find many of the rooms too dark. Few are ocean view and most are north facing and buried in a jungle of landscape. Honestly, the FS In Santa Barbara makes some Hawaii FS resorts look barren. For some people that might be cathartic but for me it induces a bit of claustrophobia. I'd choose the El Encanto over FS and I'd still consider the Californian were I visiting Santa Barbara. The SY Ranch is reopening but that's a much higher rate.
Old Mar 23, 2019, 3:49 pm

Originally Posted by peter11
The FS is nice but I find many of the rooms too dark. Few are ocean view and most are north facing and buried in a jungle of landscape. Honestly, the FS In Santa Barbara makes some Hawaii FS resorts look barren. For some people that might be cathartic but for me it induces a bit of claustrophobia. I'd choose the El Encanto over FS and I'd still consider the Californian were I visiting Santa Barbara. The SY Ranch is reopening but that's a much higher rate.
Thanks. I think we have decided to go with El Encanto. It seems to be the relative bargain here. The pictures kind of remind me of a resort you might see in the South of France which is fine with me!
ABG and BESVISOR like this.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 10:15 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

I just learned today that the best mixologist we have ever known will be in charge of the Bar at Rosewood Miramar. We met William Perbellini when he moved to Bar Toscana in Brentwood following working at Cipriani Hotel in Venice. Bar Toscana was our local watering hole/trattoria and William elevated that venue to a destination due to his creative, artistic approach to cocktails. He was recruited by Mandarin/Waldorf in Las Vegas where he has been for a couple of years. He and his wife and young son are excited about his new position. I don't know if I will be staying at the Rosewood Miramar, but I know that we will definitely stop in for cocktails. Very happy for William and Miramar.
instyleprincess and bhrubin like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.