Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2019, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
onsen..

FS and RC pools indoor

fayun added pool later
Ah. I meant an indoors one for Aman Kyoto. Outdoor pool is probably most unlikely.
scented likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 9:56 am
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Hotel Cipriani, Venice
Old Mar 7, 2019, 10:34 am
Original Member

Originally Posted by chinmoylad
What are we counting as a 'city'? Obviously Tokyo, Bangkok etc but is Florence (300,000 population) a city? If so, then Chiang Mai (130,000 population) in which case 137 Pillars House and Anantara Chiang Mai (and Four Seasons on the outskirts)? Also potentially opens up a huge amount of Chinese cities but prominently certainly something like Amanfayun in Hangzhou.
Were we up to the lengthy travel from SFO, we'd be at that new FS Athens in a nano second.
scented likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 11:08 am

Programs: Virtuoso, Four Seasons PP, Belmond BC, Dorchester DC, Hyatt Prive, MO Fan Club, Peninsula, Rosewood
Not sure how old your kids are but here is an idea if they are of a younger age - I was at Four Seasons Seoul a few weeks back and while technically not a resort, I was thinking at the time that it would be amazing for kids - they have a massive Lego kids club that has million of bricks. Unfortunately couldn't take pics as it was full of kids but there are a few pics on their website if you want to see what it looks like - I also noticed that on the website it says open weekends only but under the belief that it may open on weekdays during the holidays - eg I was there during CNY and it was open on a weekday.

Also a multi-story spa with decent size pool and plenty of good restaurants. Walking distance to the temples (Gwanghwamun) and shops and close enough to the mountains for some really good nature trails. Town car on request. Noticed the staff in the ground floor cafe were just great with a couples child. Location much better than Hyatt, Conrad etc.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 12:10 pm

Mandarin Oriental, The Peninsula, The Siam Bangkok. Arguably many other hotels in the city could qualify depending on one’s definition of urban resort and “luxury.”

Four Seasons Alexandria.

Four Seasons Firenze.

In my opinion a true urban resort has extensive grounds and facilities, and usually a very tranquil location, either situated on a waterfront or in an otherwise noteworthy location, often on the outskirts of city limits as opposed to directly in the CBD. Usually there is a view of some kind.

BESVISOR likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by dylanc
Not sure how old your kids are but here is an idea if they are of a younger age - I was at Four Seasons Seoul a few weeks back and while technically not a resort, I was thinking at the time that it would be amazing for kids - they have a massive Lego kids club that has million of bricks. Unfortunately couldn't take pics as it was full of kids but there are a few pics on their website if you want to see what it looks like - I also noticed that on the website it says open weekends only but under the belief that it may open on weekdays during the holidays - eg I was there during CNY and it was open on a weekday.

Also a multi-story spa with decent size pool and plenty of good restaurants. Walking distance to the temples (Gwanghwamun) and shops and close enough to the mountains for some really good nature trails. Town car on request. Noticed the staff in the ground floor cafe were just great with a couples child. Location much better than Hyatt, Conrad etc.
FS Seoul is amazing with kids (and just an amazing hotel). Most of it down to Lubosh Barta’s love for kids, they also have this amazing setup with the tent in the room.

dylanc and BESVISOR like this.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 2:12 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
In my opinion a true urban resort has extensive grounds and facilities, and usually a very tranquil location, either situated on a waterfront or in an otherwise noteworthy location, often on the outskirts of city limits as opposed to directly in the CBD. Usually there is a view of some kind.
THIS.
MikeFromTokyo and scented like this.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 5:36 pm

Programs: UA GS>1K>Nothing; DL DM 2MM; AS 75K>Nothing>MVP
Mostly repeats, but....
Siam
PH HCMC
Aman Tokyo
Cipriani
Excelsior Florence (Top Floor Suites)
Old Mar 7, 2019, 6:38 pm

Programs: LH Senator, CX Diamond, UA Prem Plat, Fans of MO Elite
Based on OP's criteria, I'd add:

The Dolder Grand, Zürich
Bürgenstock Hotel at Bürgenstock Resort (complimentary ferry to Luzern)
MO Marrakech
Old Mar 7, 2019, 7:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by scented

FS Seoul is amazing with kids (and just an amazing hotel). Most of it down to Lubosh Barta’s love for kids, they also have this amazing setup with the tent in the room.

The luxury niche thing that separates them from every other Seoul luxury property.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 8:01 pm
Original Member

There are the two well-known luxury golf resorts just outside the trio of gorgeous towns/villages of Monterey, Pacific Grove and Carmel. Whilst I disdain golf-centric venues, others may not. Thus:

The Lodge at Pebble Beach
The Inn at Spanish Bay

OK, so no city here yet so many attractions in the area, a non-pariel location. Starting with the Monterey Bay Acquarium -- you never have seen anything like this. Plus Point Lobos State Park, shopping in smug Carmel, the walk/bike path around the spectacular bay, gardens, village streets, monarch butterfly haven, coastline galore. Plus Big Sur just 30 miles south.

But the luxe resorts above not kid friendly. Other, less luxe, venues are.

Last edited by KatW; Mar 7, 2019 at 10:07 pm
Old Mar 7, 2019, 8:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

marrakech / morocco also has some others including aman

pebble beach also has casa palmero, some reports here
pebblebeach.com/accommodations/casa-palmero-at-pebble-beach/guest-rooms-suites
Casa Palmero is an elegant and intimate Mediterranean-style estate with 24 private rooms. In the main house, enjoy the luxurious living room, library, billiard room, heated outdoor pool and complimentary refreshments at the spacious bar and lounge. A personal coordinator

complimentary cocktails accompanied by hors d’oeuvres each evening.
24-hour room service
Courtesy Transportation [shows SUV rather than shuttle]

ground-floor Spa and Deluxe Spa room opens onto a private garden patio with its own whirlpool spa. A fireplace and comfortable furnishings complete the approximately 585-square-foot space. Deluxe Spa rooms provide an additional private experience with no rooms above.

Accessed through a private garden off the main courtyard of the estate, the exclusive Palmero Suite
Lodge's Fairway One Cottage Suite looks great

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Mar 8, 2019 at 5:14 pm
Old Mar 7, 2019, 9:47 pm
Original Member

Regret to say there is no restaurant at Casa Palermo. Guests dine at sister resorts of Lodge at Pebble Beach or Inn at Spanish Bay. So, despite lovely environs, not truly lux. No real breakfast, rather a basket delivered to room. No room service. You can't believe everything you read on the internet.

The area is a great place with kids as well as climate friendly year 'round.

Last edited by KatW; Mar 7, 2019 at 10:06 pm
Old Mar 8, 2019, 8:16 am
formerly htang333
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
Really agree that both The Siam and FS Florence fits this really well.
You could feel completely different on property vs. a 10 minute stroll away from it.

And Aman Tokyo does have a resort feel to it when it's early or late in the day and anytime at their pool.
Afternoon tea and dinner just completely changes the vibe.
vuittonsofstyle and Musken like this.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 8:57 am

Programs: LHW Leaders Club, HHonors Gold
Pestana Palácio do Freixo in Porto, Portugal. It's a LHW property. No kid's club, but beautiful grounds, and a pool, with Porto on its doorstep.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.