Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Cheval Blanc coming to London (Mayfair)

Old Feb 28, 19, 11:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Virtuoso, Rosewood Elite, FSPP, Bellini, Dorchester, MO Fan Club, Oetker Pearl, etc.

Old Mar 1, 19, 3:10 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Amb, Hilton Diamond, AMEX Plat
I can only wonder what the rates would be. It’s in the part of Mayfair particularly trendy amongst annoying Instagrammers and boys with gold painted sports cars, so I would recommend Cheval Blanc are thoughtful about their F&B to protect the longetivity of their brand.
scented likes this.
Old Mar 1, 19, 3:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Didn't a Cheval Blanc resort cancel some confirmed reservations for a private party and basically try to do nothing for the displaced guests a couple years ago?
Old Mar 1, 19, 4:19 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Amb, Hilton Diamond, AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
Didn't a Cheval Blanc resort cancel some confirmed reservations for a private party and basically try to do nothing for the displaced guests a couple years ago?
Yup.
Old Mar 1, 19, 5:26 pm

Indeed but IIRC recovery was solid. If we reject all groups who had issues in past, very few places left to stay... Six Senses’ own rape scandal, MO forces dress codes and FS now walks people. Though these things happen and hopefully dealt with adequately. Though I agree back then their initial response was a bit blasé.

Cheval Blanc is interesting, although attracts a very specific bunch of clientele. I suspect however that is more down to the choice of the markets they operate in.
Old Mar 1, 19, 8:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I would assume that FS has always walked people. The most recent incident concerned people traveling on some airfare and hotel package from AAVacations and was ultimately handled to their satisfaction, although it required an unacceptable amount of time and effort.
offerendum likes this.
Old Mar 2, 19, 3:30 am

Programs: BA Meltdown Gold, OZ♦+ (flying BR/UA), WoH♦, HH♦. Gaming: Mlife Noir, TR7*
Yes, here: Furious, being walked by Cheval Blanc Randheli (Maldives)

Originally Posted by scented View Post
Indeed but IIRC recovery was solid. If we reject all groups who had issues in past, very few places left to stay... Six Senses’ own rape scandal, MO forces dress codes and FS now walks people. Though these things happen and hopefully dealt with adequately. Though I agree back then their initial response was a bit blasé.
As much as I hate them, a dress code is one thing (if it's published), as is being walked; it's being insufficiently compensated for a walk or buyout that is really concerning, especially for a luxury property.
Old Mar 2, 19, 5:08 am
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by gengar View Post
As much as I hate them, a dress code is one thing (if it's published), as is being walked; it's being insufficiently compensated for a walk or buyout that is really concerning, especially for a luxury property.
100% agree. If a dress code or whatever is publidhed itīs part of the game. If Iīm not willing to accept itīs perhaps the wrong hotel for me, other my value it. So this is definitively nothing to blame a hotel for or to compare with walkings or much worse things.

Also we mustnīt forget different hotels in a group can be very different.
Old Mar 2, 19, 11:17 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by offerendum View Post
100% agree. If a dress code or whatever is publidhed itīs part of the game. If Iīm not willing to accept itīs perhaps the wrong hotel for me, other my value it. So this is definitively nothing to blame a hotel for or to compare with walkings or much worse things.

Also we mustnīt forget different hotels in a group can be very different.
Rookie, non-FS outside hire GM in the Mexico City case too.
Old Mar 2, 19, 11:38 am

Originally Posted by Aventine View Post
Rookie, non-FS outside hire GM in the Mexico City case too.
At current growth rate, we will likely see more of them. I, too, hope for more sensible choices, such as the wonderful outsides hires in Marrakech or Seoul for example.

Search this Thread