Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Luxury Hotels Anonymous Support Group

Luxury Hotels Anonymous Support Group

Old Mar 1, 2019, 6:44 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Gold, Accor Gold, AMEX FHR
Originally Posted by wripro
I once had T shirts printed that said in big bold letters HOTEL SLUT. Need I say more?
where can I find one?? Take my money!!
Old Mar 1, 2019, 6:51 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Gold, Accor Gold, AMEX FHR
Originally Posted by A4K
My name is Andrew and I am addicted to luxury hotels.

I fly around the world and go out out of my way for the “good stuff” and no matter what I do I can’t kick the habit. My unborn children will ask me one day why he can’t have that new pair of shoes and I will have to say sorry little Johnny, Daddy spent all his money at the Aman.

I hope some others can relate and give some support.

Disclaimer: this is meant to be in good fun, but seriously, I have a problem.
OMG I have the same problem, is there some kind of rehab program? Lol
*Disclaimer: This message was sent from the St Regis Punta Mita
Old Mar 2, 2019, 1:24 am
Aman Contributor Badge

I am afraid our son will have to go to rehab when he starts going on holidays without us. More han 20 Amans and even more FS stays plus loads of other luxury hotels. At least me and my husband went to normal hotels when we were young. Remember our son aged three at CDG airport walking amongst loads of passengers suddenly saying "Oh, mom, isn`t there a lounge here?" ;-)
KatW, Fliar and mkm4 like this.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 2:30 am

Programs: Krisflyer PPS, SPG, Hyatt GoldPassport, Shangri-la Golden Circle, British Airways ExecClub
Originally Posted by A4K

I fly around the world and go out out of my way for the “good stuff” and no matter what I do I can’t kick the habit. My unborn children will ask me one day why he can’t have that new pair of shoes and I will have to say sorry little Johnny, Daddy spent all his money at the Aman.

This forum is probably your support forum LOL. I used to be very crazy about luxury hotel stays in my younger days but much less nowadays and unless it's a destination or flagship property, my only requirements when choosing a hotel during vacaation is that they provide a comfortable stay with nice service and don't screw-up. And coincidentally, that tends to be luxury hotel properties. I am no longer addicted as I have already seen much and it's much harder to impress me nowadays.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 10:26 am

Programs: amex platinum, american advantage, united, ANA, JAP. SPG, marriott
Originally Posted by Eagle_traveler

where can I find one?? Take my money!!
Do I see a potential business opportunity here? Maybe I should go on shark Tank with it!!!
Eagle_traveler likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 8:31 pm

Originally Posted by reigndrop
I choose where I go based upon hotels that I want to visit and not the other way around. the hotel for me is up to 75% of the travel experience
As someone who only uses a hotel to sleep, this is just mind boggling to me. I appreciate theres no right or wrong regarding someone's travel priorities, though 😁
Annalisa12 likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 9:03 pm

Programs: UA GS>1K>Nothing; DL DM 2MM; AS 75K>Nothing>MVP
I don't really get the point of this thread. Like eating and breathing, sleep is a necessity when traveling. I don't see that there's really any choice in the matter.
MikeFromTokyo likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 5:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Originally Posted by 5khours
I don't really get the point of this thread. Like eating and breathing, sleep is a necessity when traveling. I don't see that there's really any choice in the matter.
We are having fun!!

I remember my sister in law excitedly telling me she had a fabulous recommendation of a $30 a night hotel in Vietnam for me. I thanked her very much then booked the Sofitel Metropole!
Eagle_traveler and MicSanToro like this.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 11:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

note 5khours included wink smiley at the end of their post

have interests narrowed for any other regulars here? may just be my much smaller budget

if talking about luxury properties over other things, i'm still there. i doubt i will ever get into restaurants at this point. i like luxury properties that do not resemble hotels. i like food more than i like restaurants/bars. tranquility is nice. great hotels can be less than great alcohol and not much more than great restaurants.

many here prefer traveling outside cities. some here travel to relax, especially from high stress work. in the past i thought i might get into really active (luxury) travel, dont think so anymore.

BENLEE, how would you compare your first stay at aman with your first stay at reopened ritz paris? it is rough going back to 'normal' after certain highs. highs will always be extremely limited because many of them operate at substantial loss. some depend on residences.

one factor is whether one cares about number of rooms or not, and what kinds of facilities one wants. i am starting to join those not needing much facilities, but i really like few rooms and even no nonguests.

gap between luxury and nonluxury can be big. i rarely do room service and laundry, but when i do.. also having things included in rate, or charging to room, especially when no signing. there should be at least a minimum level of convenience that is part of luxury vs nonluxury. making nonluxury less convenient.

Originally Posted by FlyingHighlander
As someone who only uses a hotel to sleep, this is just mind boggling to me. I appreciate theres no right or wrong regarding someone's travel priorities, though
ignores location (antarctica, africa - not "hotels") and things one is doing that can be included in rates

edit - is it the "luxury" (hard product) or is it what is offered by "luxury hotels" / luxury properties ?

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Mar 7, 2019 at 10:14 am
Old Mar 6, 2019, 2:55 am

Programs: QF CL
Sorry, I don’t understand. What’s the problem?

Originally Posted by A4K

offerendum likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.