Wiki Posts
Search

Luxury Hotels Anonymous Support Group

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2019, 6:40 pm
Suspended

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by wripro
I once had T shirts printed that said in big bold letters HOTEL SLUT. Need I say more?
I feel like this might give off the wrong impression if worn to hang out in the lobby bar.
ridefar and fluffymitten like this.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 6:47 pm
Original Member

I long have been known as a book slut yet, sadly, no one ever has come on to me therefore.
Fliar and MikeFromTokyo like this.

Last edited by KatW; Feb 27, 2019 at 7:21 pm
Old Feb 27, 2019, 6:52 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by KatW
You're in the wrong place, babe.
LOL, well played KatW...

Regards
Old Feb 27, 2019, 7:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

I think there are plenty of mere luxury hotel addicts here. These days I am more likely to travel to a luxury destination hotel than the destination sans luxury hotel/resort, although the two combined are irresistible. As witnessed by tomorrow's travel to Zihuatanejo, Mexico, for a weeklong respite in an oceanfront pool suite at La Casa Que Canta.

I never have experienced an Aman and am unlikely to do so given travel issues, even for those two venues in the U.S. As for best luxury hotels just do not cut it after certain properties/accommodations -- unsure of your meaning. Plenty of luxury hotel/resorts cut it, I give you:

Twin Farms
Cap Juluca
La Casa que Canta
Le Bristol
St. Regis NYC
Blackberry Farm
The Point
The Beverly Hills Hotel
Peninsula Beverly Hills
Las Ventanas al Paraiso
Las Alamandas
The Savoy
Laucala
The Retreat at Blue Lagoon
Gravetye Manor
Llangoled Hall

There's Aman NY coming @KatW. I think we're all curious to see what they can do in the Big Apple.
KatW and FlyerEC like this.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 9:43 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum
I must also join this group!
Old Feb 28, 2019, 2:48 am
A4K
Original Poster

Programs: N/A
Originally Posted by wripro
I once had T shirts printed that said in big bold letters HOTEL SLUT. Need I say more?
if true this is awesome. For those who watch Arrested Delelopment it immediately me think of the slut shirt Lindsay wore.

MikeFromTokyo likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 5:02 am

Originally Posted by A4K
if true this is awesome. For those who watch Arrested Delelopment it immediately me think of the slut shirt Lindsay wore...
^^
Old Feb 28, 2019, 10:31 am

Programs: amex platinum, american advantage, united, ANA, JAP. SPG, marriott
Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet
I feel like this might give off the wrong impression if worn to hang out in the lobby bar.
Maybe, Maybe not!!!!!
Old Feb 28, 2019, 11:07 am

Programs: Some of them not all ...
You're in the wrong place, babe.
I know, I just came by this thread through the Trending Threads and decided to peek a little. But one thing is for sure, It helps me a lot for work purposes, as I do have to deal with all Luxury Chains/Brands executives in some of my work conferences, and I can see how many people in FT prefer Luxury accommodation when traveling, even over flying J/F/W.

Last edited by carlitos; Feb 28, 2019 at 11:13 am
Old Feb 28, 2019, 11:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

KatW,

"hotels" : hawaii for example, as discussed previously
big box luxury chain resort hotels with hundreds of rooms
for example FS oahu is former marriott adjacent to disney

luxury properties (vs "hotels") : many of those you listed
"certain" "accommodations" : top pool villas at las ventanas

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Feb 28, 2019 at 1:47 pm
Old Mar 1, 2019, 10:01 am

Programs: BAEC Gold-GGL
I'm more of a wannabe, most recent only being the Langham in Melbourne which was old skool charm rather than true luxury, but can I still join the support group?

Do boutique hotels count?
Old Mar 1, 2019, 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
I most of all regret trips I did not take ... can anyone here even imagine willingly staying at a Holiday Inn or an average Hilton? The thought alone depresses me beyond belief.
While I’m assuming you’re being a bit tongue-in-cheek, there are so many places to see in the world where there just are not any luxury properties ... and to miss out on them because “only” an average Hilton - or worse! (gasps) - is the best on offer saddens me.

I know the forum I’m on, and truly love a great luxury property; but I also know I’d have missed out on so many incredible experiences (even just within the US) by limiting myself to a luxury property locations.
SanDiego1K, obscure2k, BLG and 1 others like this.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by aa213bb
While I’m assuming you’re being a bit tongue-in-cheek, there are so many places to see in the world where there just are not any luxury properties ... and to miss out on them because “only” an average Hilton - or worse! (gasps) - is the best on offer saddens me.

I know the forum I’m on, and truly love a great luxury property; but I also know I’d have missed out on so many incredible experiences (even just within the US) by limiting myself to a luxury property locations.
I was actually speaking quite literally, but I should clarify that I do travel to lots of places without luxury hotels, and will stay at at all kinds of hotels that I consider interesting. Holiday Inn is my least favorite IHG brand. I suppose I might stay if it were the best option somewhere, but I haven’t ever had that happen. There are a few Hiltons and Conrads that are quite nice, but I certainly will choose other options if something nicer is available.

I actually love Crowne Plaza Vientiane in Laos. It is an outlier in the brand, and is a solid four star hotel. It is managed by a great GM, and as a regular, it certainly does feel quite luxurious the way I am taken care of. They have fantastic Lao spa treatments in their new spa that is developing very nicely. They have continually improving F&B and great wine selections, which is a huge accomplishment in a city that is is less developed than others in the Southeast Asian region. Most of all, the young team of highly energetic local staff are simply lovely. They are proud to work for an hotel that is part of a major international hotel group, and rise to every challenge. I’ve been there regularly since the opening, so I actually can attest to the constant improvement.

I would rather eat my own head than stay at the majority of Crowne Plaza hotels. But this one I totally love. I would feel the same way about any special property from other brands, even if not high-end. But those exceptions are few and far between.

aa213bb likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 3:35 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
I choose where I go based upon hotels that I want to visit and not the other way around. the hotel for me is up to 75% of the travel experience
MikeFromTokyo and mkm4 like this.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 4:40 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by reigndrop
I choose where I go based upon hotels that I want to visit and not the other way around. the hotel for me is up to 75% of the travel experience
This is partially true for us at 70 and 75, with assorted knee and hip issues limiting mobility. We can get about a bit but not a lot so hotel quality, services and graciousness matters a great deal. Obviously setting is important.
MikeFromTokyo likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.