Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Rosewood Luang Prabang, Laos

Old Feb 25, 19, 10:02 am
Original Poster

Any reviews for this new Rosewood in Luang Prabang?
Old Feb 25, 19, 10:57 am
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | SPG
Unfortunately nothing first hand - guests have loved this property though, but watch out for the many, many steps required for most rooms. Would love a review from someone here.
Old Feb 25, 19, 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by chinmoylad View Post
Unfortunately nothing first hand - guests have loved this property though, but watch out for the many, many steps required for most rooms. Would love a review from someone here.
I am also interested, also about the different types of accommodation. At first glance the river front accommodation looks most appealing to me. Fortunately, I am not averse to steps or multi level suites.
Old Feb 25, 19, 12:26 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Gold, Alaska MVP Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by chinmoylad View Post
Has anyone you spoke with and loved it previously stayed at Amantaka?
Old Feb 28, 19, 9:59 am

Also curious about it. The website looks great.
Old Feb 28, 19, 12:31 pm
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | SPG
Originally Posted by uclabruin82 View Post
Has anyone you spoke with and loved it previously stayed at Amantaka?
Sadly, no - they've all been first time stayers in Luang Prabang.
Old Mar 3, 19, 6:36 am

Programs: Virtuoso, Four Seasons PP, Belmond BC, Dorchester DC, Hyatt Prive, MO Fan Club, Peninsula, Rosewood
The hotel is beautiful but a little out of the way, slightly rural (which comes with beautiful views) so you will need to travel by car to and from town, in saying that the hotel has a complimentary town car that is readily available. It is the best hotel in town however Belmond and Sofitel (stayed) are two other good options that are a bit more central. I have done a site inspection of the Rosewood LP so if you let me know what is it in particular that you would like to know then maybe I can help..
Old Mar 3, 19, 2:48 pm
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Originally Posted by dylanc View Post
The hotel is beautiful but a little out of the way, slightly rural (which comes with beautiful views) so you will need to travel by car to and from town, in saying that the hotel has a complimentary town car that is readily available. It is the best hotel in town however Belmond and Sofitel (stayed) are two other good options that are a bit more central. I have done a site inspection of the Rosewood LP so if you let me know what is it in particular that you would like to know then maybe I can help..
No other good or even better options ?
Have you stayed or do a site inspection of Amantaka ? We enjoyed our pool suite stay very much few years ago , quite a few complimentary activities then .
Old Mar 3, 19, 2:56 pm

Programs: Virtuoso, Four Seasons PP, Belmond BC, Dorchester DC, Hyatt Prive, MO Fan Club, Peninsula, Rosewood
Have not been to the Amataka, the only reason I did a site of the Rosewood was because I was doing a lot of work with them at the time.

Amantaka looks lovely though and the location looks good. Walkable to the Alm Ceremony and night market, local cafes and restaurants - whereas the Rosewood and Belmond are not.
Old Mar 3, 19, 3:38 pm
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Have not been to the Amataka, the only reason I did a site of the Rosewood was because I was doing a lot of work with them at the time.

Amantaka looks lovely though and the location looks good. Walkable to the Alm Ceremony and night market, local cafes and restaurants - whereas the Rosewood and Belmond are not.
Well , Amantaka arguably or not , is still the best in town .
We visited another hotel in the countryside and was toying with combining a stay with it . Names slips at the moment but think owned by royalty .
Can consider pairing Taka with Rosewood , the steps are rather a deterrent though .

dylanc , you should stay Taka on the next visit along with Rosewood
Old Mar 3, 19, 10:49 pm

Originally Posted by FlyerEC View Post

dylanc , you should stay Taka on the next visit along with Rosewood

Definitely - I loved LP and it would . be great to return soon.