Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Rosewood Luang Prabang, Laos

Rosewood Luang Prabang, Laos

Old Feb 25, 19, 10:02 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 7
Rosewood Luang Prabang, Laos

Any reviews for this new Rosewood in Luang Prabang?
Ellyb102 is offline  
Old Feb 25, 19, 10:57 am
  #2  
formerly known as deathscar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Hong Kong
Programs: Virtuoso | SPG | Hyatt Prive
Posts: 1,882
Unfortunately nothing first hand - guests have loved this property though, but watch out for the many, many steps required for most rooms. Would love a review from someone here.
chinmoylad is offline  
Old Feb 25, 19, 12:14 pm
  #3  
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: BKK
Posts: 6,704
Originally Posted by chinmoylad View Post
Unfortunately nothing first hand - guests have loved this property though, but watch out for the many, many steps required for most rooms. Would love a review from someone here.
I am also interested, also about the different types of accommodation. At first glance the river front accommodation looks most appealing to me. Fortunately, I am not averse to steps or multi level suites.
MikeFromTokyo is offline  
Old Feb 25, 19, 12:26 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Programs: Flying Blue Gold, Alaska MVP Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 815
Originally Posted by chinmoylad View Post
Unfortunately nothing first hand - guests have loved this property though, but watch out for the many, many steps required for most rooms. Would love a review from someone here.
Has anyone you spoke with and loved it previously stayed at Amantaka?
uclabruin82 is offline  
Old Feb 28, 19, 9:59 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: May 1999
Location: New York,NY USA
Posts: 1,427
Also curious about it. The website looks great.
speedbird001 is offline  
Old Feb 28, 19, 12:31 pm
  #6  
formerly known as deathscar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Hong Kong
Programs: Virtuoso | SPG | Hyatt Prive
Posts: 1,882
Originally Posted by uclabruin82 View Post
Has anyone you spoke with and loved it previously stayed at Amantaka?
Sadly, no - they've all been first time stayers in Luang Prabang.
chinmoylad is offline  
Old Mar 3, 19, 6:36 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: London, United Kingdom
Programs: Virtuoso, Four Seasons PP, Belmond BC, Dorchester DC, Hyatt Prive, MO Fan Club, Peninsula, Rosewood
Posts: 59
The hotel is beautiful but a little out of the way, slightly rural (which comes with beautiful views) so you will need to travel by car to and from town, in saying that the hotel has a complimentary town car that is readily available. It is the best hotel in town however Belmond and Sofitel (stayed) are two other good options that are a bit more central. I have done a site inspection of the Rosewood LP so if you let me know what is it in particular that you would like to know then maybe I can help..
dylanc is offline  
Old Mar 3, 19, 2:48 pm
  #8  
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Enroute to ? & likely flying in ' A ':)
Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Posts: 2,935
Originally Posted by dylanc View Post
The hotel is beautiful but a little out of the way, slightly rural (which comes with beautiful views) so you will need to travel by car to and from town, in saying that the hotel has a complimentary town car that is readily available. It is the best hotel in town however Belmond and Sofitel (stayed) are two other good options that are a bit more central. I have done a site inspection of the Rosewood LP so if you let me know what is it in particular that you would like to know then maybe I can help..
No other good or even better options ?
Have you stayed or do a site inspection of Amantaka ? We enjoyed our pool suite stay very much few years ago , quite a few complimentary activities then .
FlyerEC is online now  
Old Mar 3, 19, 2:56 pm
  #9  
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: London, United Kingdom
Programs: Virtuoso, Four Seasons PP, Belmond BC, Dorchester DC, Hyatt Prive, MO Fan Club, Peninsula, Rosewood
Posts: 59
Have not been to the Amataka, the only reason I did a site of the Rosewood was because I was doing a lot of work with them at the time.

Amantaka looks lovely though and the location looks good. Walkable to the Alm Ceremony and night market, local cafes and restaurants - whereas the Rosewood and Belmond are not.
dylanc is offline  
Old Mar 3, 19, 3:38 pm
  #10  
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Enroute to ? & likely flying in ' A ':)
Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Posts: 2,935
Originally Posted by dylanc View Post
The hotel is beautiful but a little out of the way, slightly rural (which comes with beautiful views) so you will need to travel by car to and from town, in saying that the hotel has a complimentary town car that is readily available. It is the best hotel in town however Belmond and Sofitel (stayed) are two other good options that are a bit more central. I have done a site inspection of the Rosewood LP so if you let me know what is it in particular that you would like to know then maybe I can help..
Originally Posted by dylanc View Post
Have not been to the Amataka, the only reason I did a site of the Rosewood was because I was doing a lot of work with them at the time.

Amantaka looks lovely though and the location looks good. Walkable to the Alm Ceremony and night market, local cafes and restaurants - whereas the Rosewood and Belmond are not.
Well , Amantaka arguably or not , is still the best in town .
We visited another hotel in the countryside and was toying with combining a stay with it . Names slips at the moment but think owned by royalty .
Can consider pairing Taka with Rosewood , the steps are rather a deterrent though .

dylanc , you should stay Taka on the next visit along with Rosewood
FlyerEC is online now  
Old Mar 3, 19, 10:49 pm
  #11  
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: London, United Kingdom
Programs: Virtuoso, Four Seasons PP, Belmond BC, Dorchester DC, Hyatt Prive, MO Fan Club, Peninsula, Rosewood
Posts: 59
Originally Posted by FlyerEC View Post





dylanc , you should stay Taka on the next visit along with Rosewood

Definitely - I loved LP and it would . be great to return soon.
dylanc is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: