Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Babymoon alternative to Amanera

Old Feb 24, 19, 10:07 am
Original Poster

Hello,

I was looking at some reviews here when I came across Amanera.

I booked this about 6 months ago, but since then, got pregnant. Exciting,. but the DR said no DR.

My husband and I are looking for a similar style alternative for a baby-moon - large private pool, private villa, and good service.

Right now, we are thinking about a few choices...Cape Welligama in Sri Lanka. The walled in pools at the Aman do not appeal.
The other option is Four Seasons Desroches. You can easily combine this with a safari at Kruger.

Lastly, our dr said we could go to the Maldives so long as the island fogs during the day and we dont go into Male. One new option there is Joali.

Any other suggestions?
Old Feb 24, 19, 11:53 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Avios
Whereabouts are you based and what time of year would it be?

I'd be worried about safari as Kruger is a malaria zone.
Old Feb 24, 19, 1:02 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Welcome to Flyertalk, scallopassault. Congratulations on your pregnancy. It would be helpful to know where you are based and how long of a flight is advised.
Old Feb 24, 19, 1:26 pm
Original Member

Some options here yet I would further research destinations that appeal:

https://www.indagare.com/destination...each-vacations

https://www.cntraveler.com/galleries...l-to-right-now
Old Feb 24, 19, 3:08 pm
Original Poster

Hello again,

Thank you all for the response. We are based in Los Angeles and will have travel restrictions for flying at that time.

The dates will be April - June of this year.

Seychelles, in particular the Four Seasons Desroches, looks good. However, my concern here is villa privacy.

The doctor also mentioned the Maldives, so long as daily fogging. I am still concerned about whether a hotel will actually follow through with such a guarantee.

What we are mainly looking for is something in the $1200-$1500++ USD range with a similar aesthetic to Amanera. We like a large private pool with plenty of privacy as this will be our last trip for a year, or perhaps longer.
Old Feb 24, 19, 3:25 pm
Original Member

Laucala in Fiji is perfect ... but for your budget. French Polynesia? Uncertain of travel restrictions (hours in the air?) if you are considering Maldives and Seychelles. Tahiti is about 8 hours from LAX; Fiji is 11 hours. Plus onward flight in puddle-jumper at both.

Last edited by KatW; Feb 24, 19 at 4:21 pm
Old Feb 24, 19, 3:59 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Originally Posted by scallopassault View Post
Hello again,

Thank you all for the response. We are based in Los Angeles and will have travel restrictions for flying at that time.

Seychelles, in particular the Four Seasons Desroches, looks good. However, my concern here is villa privacy.

The doctor also mentioned the Maldives, so long as daily fogging. I am still concerned about whether a hotel will actually follow through with such a guarantee.

What we are mainly looking for is something in the $1200-$1500++ USD range with a similar aesthetic to Amanera. We like a large private pool with plenty of privacy as this will be our last trip for a year, or perhaps longer.
I would be concerned about flying from the Seychelles. I recall it took nearly 24 hours of flying with connections to travel from Seychelles to LAX. This was several years ago and our connection was via London. Just remember that your feet will be more likely to swell even more, irrespective of what class you are flying. I agree with others who have suggested Fiji (non-stop service from LAX). Make it as easy on yourself as possible. Consider non-stop options as a high priority.
KatW likes this.
Old Feb 24, 19, 4:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by obscure2k View Post
I would be concerned about flying from the Seychelles. I recall it took nearly 24 hours of flying with connections to travel from Seychelles to LAX. This was several years ago and our connection was via London. Just remember that your feet will be more likely to swell even more, irrespective of what class you are flying. I agree with others who have suggested Fiji (non-stop service from LAX). Make it as easy on yourself as possible. Consider non-stop options as a high priority.
Thanks for the suggestion.

Laucala is a bit out of range, is there anything else in Fiji that offers a very private pool and a modern design?

I noticed that Yasawa has a honeymoon room at $1500 USD.
Old Feb 24, 19, 5:11 pm
Original Member

There also is The Brando in French Polynesia, private villas with private pools. It is 15% off through 31 July.
https://thebrando.com/

I have no experience of these in Fiji but you can check 'em out.
https://www.finder.com.au/fiji-hotel...-private-pools

obscure2k and BESVISOR like this.
Old Feb 24, 19, 6:28 pm
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Hello again,

How about pool pavilions or villas at Amanpuri ?
N’oi is trickier to get to but potentially better than Nera ..

Pulo too but requires small plane from Manila ..

Sri Lanka will be way too hot by then anyway & think similarly with Maldives , start of wrong season from what I gather
Old Feb 24, 19, 6:48 pm

Thanks for the suggestion.

Laucala is a bit out of range, is there anything else in Fiji that offers a very private pool and a modern design?

I noticed that Yasawa has a honeymoon room at $1500 USD.
How about Dolphin Island ?
Though we have yet to stay - not been to Fiji but thoroughly enjoyed , Huka Lodge , her sister in New Zealand
Old Feb 24, 19, 7:04 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

I would opt for ease of travel above all....
hawaii has easy non stops (but no real good private pool options) Cabo area should be good for Zika (but consult your doctor). Scottsdale is nice and easy as well. Heck Palm Springs is easy too.

We we went to Amangiri for one of our baby moons. It was quite nice. Congrats on the little one. I would just say find some time for rest and relaxation instead of trying to do an epic trip charge those batteries up because life is about to get real.

Fdw
obscure2k likes this.
Old Feb 24, 19, 7:04 pm
Original Poster

FlyerEC and KatW

Have you heard of Taveuni Palms?

It looks great.

And southeast Asia is out, unfortunately, The only exception would be Maldives, provided a daily foggening.
Old Feb 24, 19, 7:58 pm

FlyerEC and KatW

It looks great.

And southeast Asia is out, unfortunately, The only exception would be Maldives, provided a daily foggening.
Not really , but would not recommend small planes in your happy condition though !

Why not Phuket ?
May see you in Puri or Trisara if in May
if in June , Aman in Bali should be lovely - Kila - Kilasari Suite

Think safer than Maldives , fogging or not , since you are planning a LH trip anyway .
Old Feb 24, 19, 8:10 pm
Original Member

FlyerEC and KatW

It looks great.

I have not but brief research is promising. I would look into it further. It could be your cuppa tea and meet requirements. TripAdvisor is quite positive. Before the hoards weigh in on the horrors of TA, in this case it is useful.

Search this Thread