Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Babymoon alternative to Amanera

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2019, 8:14 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KatW

I have not but brief research is promising. I would look into it further. It could be your cuppa tea and meet requirements. TripAdvisor is quite positive. Before the hoards weigh in on the horrors of TA, in this case it is useful.

Taveuni Palms has a 5 night for 7 night deal.

There may not be any activity on the property; however. They make the drinks in the villa and there isn't a main dining area. That being said, they do have activities on offer such as snorkeling on a private boat.

We used to like having a main dining area and speaking to other guests at night but for this trip prefer something a bit more private.

The total cost ++ is $8,100, which isn't terrible.

We also took a like at Six Senses Fiji, a 3br villa was quoted $13,000, but after putting SIX SENSES FIJI in the search bar, I will stay away from that brand.

The last option, which is a bit more challenging, could be Four Seasons Desroches. They just sent us an email and offered a double upgrade on booking.This will be from an ocean pool villa to a sunset pool villa.

The challenge on that on is timing. It would require a trip from LAX - MIA (taking a break) and then MIA-GRU-CPT (taking a break there), then SEZ. That may actually be a fun trip breaking it up.

That cost , 7 nights at Desroches, is $6300++ with a double upgrade.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 8:32 pm
Original Member

You clearly really want to do Desroches so go for it if you can withstand the rigorous travel.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 11:40 pm

Whilst they may be slightly outside of your budget, I am a magnet to mosquitos and never got a single bite in Cheval Blanc Randheli or Velaa Private Island in the Maldives.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 3:55 am

By fogging, do you mean mosquito spraying? Do you really want to inhale pesticides while pregnant?
LinLant likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 6:49 am

Originally Posted by Barrheadlass
By fogging, do you mean mosquito spraying? Do you really want to inhale pesticides while pregnant?
My thoughts exactly.
obscure2k likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 9:09 am
Original Poster

Hello

Of course I don't want to enhale pesticides. Which is exactly why I won't consider the Maldives.

I am leaning towards taveuni palms for ease of travel.

​​​​​​My husband I both like the look of four seasons desroches but it's such a long treck. The one reason I keep mentioning this is bc it maybe the last time, for a few years, we can do a trip like that.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 1:34 pm

I would also consider access to proper medical care. Some of these places are quite a trek.
FlyerEC, LinLant and Annalisa12 like this.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 3:24 pm

Have you thought about Australia for a baby moon? Great high quality medical care if anything goes wrong, excellent food and food hygiene and lots of the best hotels are adults only so likely to be off limits for a while.

For a beach, you could go to Qualia or (more remote and more rugged) Lizard Island and combine with Sydney and a third location (Safire, Capella Lodge, Longitude 131, Spicers Peak).

Old Feb 25, 2019, 8:47 pm
Original Poster

We did consider Australia ; however, those two mentioned resorts above are out of price range for the type of accommodation we are looking to book.

After consulting with our doctor, we have also eliminated Fiji. Fiji is at risk for Zika whereas Tahiti is not.

There is nothing too appealing in Tahiti, sadly. The Brando is a bit overpriced.

It seems the safest alternative would be to combine Capetown (anything recommended here) and the Seychelles. One week in each location, 3 nights Capetown, 7 nights Seychelles, 2 nights Capetown , then home.

Fortunately, we both have the time off for such a trip.

The doctor also mentioned the Andaman Islands, there is now a taj exotica after some research. There has been no reported cases of Zika but the one thing is travel through Delhi. That seems a bit stressful. Not only that, but the remote location of the Andamans reduces access to good medical care.

Any other ideas?
Old Feb 25, 2019, 10:36 pm
Original Member

Given the destination, The Brando is not overpriced but that is different from not wanting to pay the high rate. In general, there is a disconnect between your budget and your requirements -- guaranteed to make your search arduous. You likely will have to settle for less or pay more.
offerendum, BESVISOR and LinLant like this.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 1:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by scallopassault
There is nothing too appealing in Tahiti, sadly. The Brando is a bit overpriced.
It´s always easy to say if something is oberpriced. Of course there are objective figures but often it´s a question of budget and personal preference. Also some hotels may Independent from budget be reasonable priced for some while others find it overpriced. This may especially be the case if there are included amenities which are very valueable for some but totally useless for others (for excample alcohol, extensive dinners or wellness).
Old Feb 26, 2019, 5:09 am
formerly htang333
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
@scallopassault I would also highly suggest The Brando. It's Zika free in French. P. (and the resort has literally managed to killed off all mosquitoes).
It has fabulous beaches, water, privacy, and inclusions for the rates. Not to mention a lot easier to travel to than some of the other options mentioned.

Just had LAX based clients visit FS Bora Bora and finished the trip at Brando and expressed they loved The Brando. Much more than Bora Bora due to how exclusive The Brando feels in comparison. It's also nice to have all meals, many activities and daily spa treatment included so you don't have to over think about incremental costs and just enjoy your time there and what Brando has to offer.

A great promotion going on through July 31st as well so your dates are perfect.

My wife and I are hoping to start a family this year and will likely head to The Brando or Hawaii for Babymoon, when the time comes.
I also visited in December and preferred it much more than Bora Bora. While it's not perfect, it's certainly one of the more special properties I've ever been to.

Alternatively, I'd also highly suggest Four Seasons Lanai for baby moon and from the West Coast. But not in the same league as The Brando.

Congrats!!!
obscure2k and LinLant like this.

Last edited by BESVISOR; Mar 4, 2019 at 8:36 am
Old Mar 4, 2019, 8:27 am
Original Poster

We ended up booking Hotel Le Toiney in St Barths for ease of travel!
obscure2k likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 8:33 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by scallopassault
We ended up booking Hotel Le Toiney in St Barths for ease of travel!
if St Barts is in the cards then why not Amanera???

per CDC same recs

fdw
BESVISOR likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 8:40 am
formerly htang333
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
At Amanera, they would at least be able/happy to put up some nets around your bed and even extra fumegation prior to arrival as extra pre-caution.
I would ask Le Toiney to do the same. As FDW said, CDC still discourage babymooners from visiting both locations...Of course both resorts have stated they are Zika free but I would suggest going with CDC's point of view.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.