Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Luxury Hotels for Vietnam - recommendations

Luxury Hotels for Vietnam - recommendations

Old Jan 23, 2019, 2:01 pm
formerly htang333
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
Originally Posted by flyerwma
Would Amanoi suit a family (adults and older teens)? Or is it too honeymoon-ey?

Looking for beach resorts for Vietnam or Cambodia in December. Hoi An is too cold, so need somewhere further south. Open to elsewhere is SE Asia....

Amanoi is fantastic for families and couples! This is something unique to concepts like Aman, I think. many couples or families stay within their own Pavilion or Villas and the Beach Club is wonderful for everyone. I would not suggest or view Amanoi as a Beach Resort. I think the Beach is a bonus but sand and water quality isn't great. But it's one of the few Aman's I would return to time and time again. I've booked families with children from 3 - 15 and they all have shared positive reviews. One family extended their stay onsite.

Also, I would not suggest Amanoi for late Nov - mid Feb. The risk of rain and extreme wind is really high...that would ruin the trip for you.

Cheers!
FlyerEC likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 2:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by Rachel2019
prefer to pay closer to 500-600 a night. Have looked at the six senses and four seasons!
In this case Amanoi is no option, also Four Seasons could be too expensive (especially as the standard villas get bad revews). Six Senses could work (and is a good option) but is - as I said - rustic. Perhaps the Asia-Forum would get you better results.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 7:20 am

Originally Posted by BESVISOR
Amanoi is fantastic for families and couples! This is something unique to concepts like Aman, I think. many couples or families stay within their own Pavilion or Villas and the Beach Club is wonderful for everyone. I would not suggest or view Amanoi as a Beach Resort. I think the Beach is a bonus but sand and water quality isn't great. But it's one of the few Aman's I would return to time and time again. I've booked families with children from 3 - 15 and they all have shared positive reviews. One family extended their stay onsite.

Also, I would not suggest Amanoi for late Nov - mid Feb. The risk of rain and extreme wind is really high...that would ruin the trip for you.

Cheers!
So if I'm committed to December, where would you go? The new Six Senses in Cambodia? Somewhere else?
Old Jan 24, 2019, 7:44 am
formerly htang333

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
Originally Posted by flyerwma
So if I'm committed to December, where would you go? The new Six Senses in Cambodia? Somewhere else?
I think you had mentioned that you're open to other parts of SE Asia for beach trip?

Without knowing your budget, personal preferences, other details...What about Thailand? Phuket, Koh Samui, etc...December is pleasant, one of the best months to visit. Iniala, Amanpuri, Trisara, Rosewood, Anantara Layan, Four Seasons, few options for you to consider.

If the children are 10 and over then maybe a 3 night stop at FS Tented Camp before beach could be a great trip.

Last edited by BESVISOR; Jan 24, 2019 at 7:49 am
Old Jan 24, 2019, 8:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Without knowing your budget, personal preferences, other details...What about Thailand? Phuket, Koh Samui, etc...December is pleasant, one of the best months to visit. Iniala, Amanpuri, Trisara, Rosewood, Anantara Layan, Four Seasons, few options for you to consider.
OP said 500 - 600 GBP per night earlier.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 8:44 am

People seem to be low on the Metropole but I think it's one of the best non-resort properties in Asia. Club level is a must, and the suites in the modern wing are fantastic. Hermes toiletries are better than over-hyped Aesop. The hotel also makes the best french pastry in SE Asia in my humble view, so try the croissants.

We found FS Nam Hai to be pretty awful, and wished we had just done more nights at Amanoi. Amanoi is superb as many have commented, and close to best in Aman chain.
FlyerEC likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 9:05 am
Aman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Rachel2019

out of curiosity why would you not do both Hanoi and HMC?

It is of course personal, but I find that spending more time in another place instead of doing two large cities will give you more of an interesting holiday. The two cities are different, but not as different as a big city is from a smaller town/beach area. I found Hanoi to be interesting as such and quite charming with a number of things to see plus great food/street food, while HCMC was less interesting in itself (but you can use that city as a base to go to the Cu Chi tunnels and the Mekong delta). Of course up to you, and if you have enough time for everything, please feel free.
FlyerEC and vuittonsofstyle like this.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 1:18 pm
formerly htang333

Originally Posted by offerendum
OP said 500 - 600 GBP per night earlier.
She did but I was replying back to FlyerWMA...I didn't see mentioning of budget but I also didn't bother looking for it (so I might have missed it).
I'm just jumping in quickly, when possible, trying to help in some capacity. It's been an insane work week so I'm just glancing on the phone.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

S

She did but I was replying back to FlyerWMA...I didn't see mentioning of budget but I also didn't bother looking for it (so I might have missed it).
I'm just jumping in quickly, when possible, trying to help in some capacity. It's been an insane work week so I'm just glancing on the phone.
Shouldnt be offensive from my side.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 1:44 pm
formerly htang333

Originally Posted by offerendum
Shouldnt be offensive from my side.
Haha. Not at all. We're all just trying to help and sometimes things are missed as we all have many things going on/juggling.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 1:54 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, National EE, Hertz 5*, SPG Gold, Fairmont Plat, HH Gold
I have seen basic lead in pavilions at Amanoi for as low as $880usd a night, and they sometimes have 4th night and 5th night free options, so with that Amanoi might fall within the budget.

​​​​​​
Old Jan 24, 2019, 5:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

after 4th free Undiscovered from
600 lake
1050 ocean pool
1500 amanoi ocean pool
1650 spa house
2475 2BR residence

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Jan 25, 2019 at 12:46 pm
Old Jan 24, 2019, 8:20 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, National EE, Hertz 5*, SPG Gold, Fairmont Plat, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
after 4th free Undiscovered from
600 lake
1050 ocean pool
1500 amanoi ocean pool
1650 spa house
2475 2BR residence
$600usd is about $460GBP, which is below OPs budget of 500-600GBP per night.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 10:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by specboi
$600usd is about $460GBP, which is below OPs budget of 500-600GBP per night.
Not sure if in OPs preferred time but in this case it would be a good option.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 3:59 am

Programs: UA GS>1K>Nothing; DL PM 2MM; AS 75K>Nothing>MVP
I would rate beach hotels in VN as follows....
1. Amanoi
2. Inter-Continental DaNang
3. Nam Hai

And there is a big gap between each of these. Given the OP's budget I would be looking at Inter-Continental. Beautiful beach and very nice villas.

Best city hotels are Metropole in Hanoi, and PH in HCMC.

Best beach in VN is Bai Sao on PhuQuoc, but the hotels in PhuQuoc are not great. La Veranda is OK but the beach there is not good.
FlyerEC likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.