Search

Luxury Hotels for Vietnam - recommendations

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2019, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by chinmoylad
Online or direct/via agent? Online might show no availability but direct/via agent might have availbility.
In the past I was able to book an Aman without online-availability via agent, so it´s worth a try.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 1:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Online or direct/via agent? Online might show no availability but direct/via agent might have availbility.
Direct with hotel online.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 1:42 am
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
Originally Posted by Annalisa12
Direct with hotel online.
I'm confused when you say 'direct' but 'online'.

What I'm trying to say is, don't rely on the availability calendar on the Amanoi website - sometimes it doesn't show true availability; email into the hotel, or ask your agent if you have one, because there may be rooms that aren't showing in the online availability calendar, especially during high season or in cases where the rooms are blocked out etc.
FlyerEC and BESVISOR like this.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 12:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
I'm confused when you say 'direct' but 'online'.

What I'm trying to say is, don't rely on the availability calendar on the Amanoi website - sometimes it doesn't show true availability; email into the hotel, or ask your agent if you have one, because there may be rooms that aren't showing in the online availability calendar, especially during high season or in cases where the rooms are blocked out etc.
I said direct online with the hotel as opposed to trivago or some other online 3rd party.

Doesn't matter now anyway as husband said he refuses to pay 900 a night. Boo
Old Feb 4, 2019, 11:59 pm

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
I said direct online with the hotel as opposed to trivago or some other online 3rd party.

That's what I've been trying to clarify - not online (as in not via their online booking platform) - I'm not talking about Trivago/other 3rd party etc like that. Email INTO the hotel to check availability, or ask one of the agents on here to check for you. Aman's online availability does not always reflect ACTUAL availability, especially during high/peak season periods.

Re: 900/night - that's fair (they do have 4th/5th night free etc rates though and the Lake Pavilions usually work out ~USD 600/night++ or thereabouts)
FlyerEC likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 3:24 am

Programs: UA GS>1K>Nothing; DL DM 2MM; AS 75K>Nothing>MVP
Yeah on him. Avoid Amans as long as you can. First time you go, you'll be hooked and it will become a permanent drain on your income.
Musken likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 11:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 5khours
Yeah on him. Avoid Amans as long as you can. First time you go, you'll be hooked and it will become a permanent drain on your income.
this is real problem. i did properties smaller than aman too early. oh well.
do wish i had known about aman in 90s, as i doubt i will do many now.
i now understand why many here keep going back to the same places.

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Feb 5, 2019 at 4:57 pm
Old Feb 6, 2019, 6:06 am
Original Poster

We were looking at traveling March/April time, what would the weather be like in Da Nang or other beach areas around this time? It looked as though this was the best time for most of Vietnam, although not perfect as it has two seasons mostly. I'm not bothered if HMC is a bit cooler/colder I would rather the beach area and Hanoi be much warmer for sunbathing and sightseeing
It's been hard to get a clear understanding of when we can really try guarantee no rain on the trip but it would be preferable if the beaches had the best weather!
Old Feb 6, 2019, 8:43 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by Rachel2019
We were looking at traveling March/April time, what would the weather be like in Da Nang or other beach areas around this time? It looked as though this was the best time for most of Vietnam, although not perfect as it has two seasons mostly. I'm not bothered if HMC is a bit cooler/colder I would rather the beach area and Hanoi be much warmer for sunbathing and sightseeing
It's been hard to get a clear understanding of when we can really try guarantee no rain on the trip but it would be preferable if the beaches had the best weather!
We ere in Amanoi in March. Weather was calm, wind had settled down. Highs in the 80s F...

Very very comfortable and nice

FDW
Old Feb 6, 2019, 8:56 am
Original Poster

Amanoi is quite far from Da Nang/Hanoi does the weather differ that much? Or is it largely the same along the coast?

Thanks!
offerendum likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 9:26 am

Amanoi is quite far from Da Nang/Hanoi does the weather differ that much? Or is it largely the same along the coast?

Thanks!
Amanoi is closer to Nha Trang (about ~2 and a bit hours drive away) and the weather differs drastically even from Nha Trang. The region near Amanoi has its own microclimate.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 9:26 am

Thanks!
Cannot even compared. Both Đŕ Nẵng and Hanoi are far from Amanoi. Also Noi has somewhat of a "microclimate" (yes, really), as it is protected by its mountain ranges. Problem is the wind.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 9:33 am

Never liked the Nam Hai. Though not really luxury, the MGallery in Hue is well worth staying at, received probably best service we had in Vietnam there.

Is staying at the Metropole, please stay in the Heritage wing. New wing you may as well be anywhere. Had club access via Plat card however, wasn’t worth it in its own right. Note pool can get crowded. Probably best in Hanoi, but not a destination in itself.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 3:08 am
Original Poster

for visiting Hanoi./Da Nang/HMC would people suggest March/April is the best time to travel? For sunshine and particularly the beach area ( Da Nang)

Thanks!
Old Feb 7, 2019, 3:21 am

for visiting Hanoi./Da Nang/HMC would people suggest March/April is the best time to travel? For sunshine and particularly the beach area ( Da Nang)

Thanks!
The coastal beaches of Danang/Nha Trang are generally better in summer. March/April can be okay - Amanoi in particular you could get lucky (as we did) or have really heavy winds which can disrupt your stay. There's less likely to be any rain during the period (though weather patterns as you know are difficult to predict) but the temperature is also cooler around this time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.