Old Jan 15, 2019, 11:48 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Only if you golf (we do not)

Rosewood CordeValle

Map| 1 Review | 0% Recommended

Rosewood CordeValle

1 Cordevalle Club Drive San Martin, CA US 95046

Rosewood Cordevalle (California): Only if you golf (we do not) (0 Photo)

Rosewood CordeValle

There is no reason to book here unless you golf in which case it's probably near nirvana. Some may enjoy looking out over a golf course but it's not my cuppa tea.

Ours was the highest-end suite with hot tub on a secluded terrace. That terrace was scruffy and in need of attention. Suite furniture was tired and clunky except the bed which was great. Excellent, spacious bathroom with jacuzzi bath tub and walk-in shower. Pet Peeve Alert: Electrical outlets near bed were inconvenient.  

Room service was very good, swift and tasty but eschew the lobster mac 'n cheese. Recommend the salmon, grilled steak and eggs benedict.

The lobby is agreeable. Checkin and checkout OK. There is a library with fireplace and limited comfy seating adjacent to the lobby -- a wonderful room. Bar/eatery has too many tables, difficult to navigate. We spent a lot of time there as we arrived two hours ahead of checkin and suite was not ready. We booked via FHR but early checkin always is a crap shoot and we know that so no foul.

All service and staff competent and delightful. Nevertheless we checked out a day early. Not a copacetic place for us.

Overall

We would not return. We were hoping for a luxe respite close to home (Palo Alto) but it was not to be.

Service

Aside from checkin which was ok, service is quite good.

Golf course, sigh. But there are deer and the surrounding hills and mountain ridges are lovely at sunset and dusk.

Rosewood Cordevalle (California): Only if you golf (we do not)

Would you like to write a review on the Rosewood CordeValle?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Jan 16, 2019, 6:56 am

Thank you for the review. I agree completely, we don't golf so probably won't return. Fortunately we were here only for a night. This is also how I felt about Rosewood Sand Hill. Not the golf, but that everything was just "ok."

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.