The Barai attached to the Hyatt Regency Hua Hin might fit the bill
BOStonTravels likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 10:59 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by m0hamed
Somehow I missed this thread!

The HR Sharm is def not a luxury property, and my last stay was one of the worst ever. The Regency Club private beach is definitely a great benefit and I told the GM they need to advertise it more. But in keeping with the theme:

RC Bali has a clubhouse with private pool. The food in the club is far superior to that in the main restaurant and the special items include Lobster Omelettes and Steak and Eggs.

The Palazzo Versace Dubai has an Executive Lounge only for suite guests. I have several friends that have booked suites and never knew of its existence. The mini bar was also comped in the rooms. The Residences (Apartments) in the hotel have their own facilities.

When we visited the FS Hoi An booking a Pool Villa meant we had free use of the hotel limo at all times, including airport transfers, afternoon tea with cocktails in villa and complimentary mini bar. We saw decanters of Gin, Vodka and Whiskey and didn't realise they were complimentary until the second last day of the stay.

I've been to the HR Danang and like the RC Bali I wouldn't want to swim in a pool in full view of the guests in the club lounge, but we tend to book private pool villas where we can.
Great points and so sorry for the very poor Sharm HR stay. Somewhat off topic but did you consider switching to the 4S or just wasnt an option during stay? Out of curiosity why go with the HR over the 4S in Sharm?

Originally Posted by edgewood49
Actually I think we are on topic, if your staying in the private area's of a hotel you're also flying with the benefits of special services as well. Depending on the airline you will be taken to your hotel upon arrival. On certain routes I never see Schengen check nor security.
Thats really interesting, do you mean you get private/individual screening in these cases?

The Oberoi Mumbai also has an exclusive lounge for suite guests that doesnt seem to get much press and is quite high end!

https://www.oberoihotels.com/hotels-...ites/capital-o

Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
Fairmont Gold have just gone through a big reno in Canada Gold floors of Fairmont's are really incredible.
I have been previously underwhelmed by Gold floors. What are some of the recent changes?

Originally Posted by jbjelloid
The Barai attached to the Hyatt Regency Hua Hin might fit the bill
Its very interesting (and seemingly unique) that the Hyatt brand seem to offer some not so advertised exclusive offerings such as private beach for club level or even this separate hotel attached to a non-luxury hotel.

Originally Posted by edgewood49
without going deeper there are places where you don't even go through security, now having said that I was told that "they know who you are"

Anyway it's a hoot.
Do tell!

Last edited by RichardInSF; Jan 22, 2019 at 9:50 am Reason: consecutive posts by same mamber
Old Jan 22, 2019, 8:39 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Not really secret or even extremely expensive rooms but offer unique experience within the hotel

w sentosa : AWAY room - located within their AWAY spa and comes with own plunge pool
The Ritz-Carlton Jakarta Mega Kuningan : Spa Terrace suite. 4 suites located on the spa/pool floor with its own private jacuzzi
Old Jan 22, 2019, 9:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by kaizen7
Not really secret or even extremely expensive rooms but offer unique experience within the hotel

w sentosa : AWAY room - located within their AWAY spa and comes with own plunge pool
The Ritz-Carlton Jakarta Mega Kuningan : Spa Terrace suite. 4 suites located on the spa/pool floor with its own private jacuzzi
The new Rosewood Bangkok will offer something along these lines too.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 9:48 am

Originally Posted by BOStonTravels
We do but I also have particular interest in things like secret elevators and doors (partly due to my lifelong neurodiversity/diagnosis of Asperger's, now ASD). I found myself transfixed by the two entrances to the Towers Heliopolis (one into lounge) and the other for main entrance and then began wondering more about the hotel within a hotel concept that others have kindly provided further information about. My amazement at not so obvious entrances/features is not limited to luxury hotels, another beautiful example is the Etihad Residence lounge within the lounge at JFK that has a nearly hidden entrance opening up into a very exclusive little space.
OK..... then I suspect you may be intrigued by the secret bars in Four Seasons Abu Dhabi and The Rosewood Abu Dhabi. They resemble speakeasies and there is no way you would know about them if staff did not lead you to them. I especially like the one at Four Seasons, which has all sorts of hidden cupboards contaning things like diamond necklaces, fur coats and illicit booze that dates back several decades, but is still drinkable ($500 a shot).
Old Jan 22, 2019, 11:02 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
OK..... then I suspect you may be intrigued by the secret bars in Four Seasons Abu Dhabi and The Rosewood Abu Dhabi. They resemble speakeasies and there is no way you would know about them if staff did not lead you to them. I especially like the one at Four Seasons, which has all sorts of hidden cupboards contaning things like diamond necklaces, fur coats and illicit booze that dates back several decades, but is still drinkable ($500 a shot).
What!? Have stayed many times at both properties and used to love Rosewood AUH before 4S opened. Never ever knew about these. I do feel the Rosewood has a great club offering that is nicer than most of the RC's I have been in. It has a terrace area that is lovely and one might even miss it if not directed there or noticing the side door. What are these bars? Pity I dont really drink but maybe neat to visit just for kicks!
Old Jan 22, 2019, 12:31 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Great points and so sorry for the very poor Sharm HR stay. Somewhat off topic but did you consider switching to the 4S or just wasnt an option during stay? Out of curiosity why go with the HR over the 4S in Sharm?

Thats really interesting, do you mean you get private/individual screening in these cases?

The Oberoi Mumbai also has an exclusive lounge for suite guests that doesnt seem to get much press and is quite high end!

https://www.oberoihotels.com/hotels-...ites/capital-o

I have been previously underwhelmed by Gold floors. What are some of the recent changes?

Its very interesting (and seemingly unique) that the Hyatt brand seem to offer some not so advertised exclusive offerings such as private beach for club level or even this separate hotel attached to a non-luxury hotel.

Do tell!

Book a AF FC
Old Jan 24, 2019, 8:47 am

What!? Have stayed many times at both properties and used to love Rosewood AUH before 4S opened. Never ever knew about these. I do feel the Rosewood has a great club offering that is nicer than most of the RC's I have been in. It has a terrace area that is lovely and one might even miss it if not directed there or noticing the side door. What are these bars? Pity I dont really drink but maybe neat to visit just for kicks!
At Four Seasons, they call it the private dining room, as it can cater to small groups, but it also has a proper Bar and is a real piece of theatre, whether you drink or not. From what I recall, you reach it via a hidden door in Butcher & Still, to the right of the Bar.
Aventine likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 9:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
At Four Seasons, they call it the private dining room, as it can cater to small groups, but it also has a proper Bar and is a real piece of theatre, whether you drink or not. From what I recall, you reach it via a hidden door in Butcher & Still, to the right of the Bar.
That's a pretty cool hidden hotel feature.
vuittonsofstyle likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by Aventine
The new Rosewood Bangkok will offer something along these lines too.
Similar concepts offered at the Grand Hyatt Hong Kong (Plateau rooms) and Grand Hyatt Bangkok (spa cottages). I really like the Spa Cottages in Bangkok and they're miles ahead of the hotel's regular guestrooms (though I haven't been back for quite some time and am not sure whether they've maintained those well).
Old Jan 24, 2019, 9:53 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Fc912
Similar concepts offered at the Grand Hyatt Hong Kong (Plateau rooms) and Grand Hyatt Bangkok (spa cottages). I really like the Spa Cottages in Bangkok and they're miles ahead of the hotel's regular guestrooms (though I haven't been back for quite some time and am not sure whether they've maintained those well).
I've stayed at the GHHK a number of times and never heard of "Plateau rooms" unless you mean the rooms reached by taking the second elevator bank that starts from the club floor. If so, that's not much of a secret.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 10:24 pm

Originally Posted by RichardInSF
I've stayed at the GHHK a number of times and never heard of "Plateau rooms" unless you mean the rooms reached by taking the second elevator bank that starts from the club floor. If so, that's not much of a secret.
The Plateau rooms are spa suite accommodation at GH HK.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 10:39 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo

The Plateau rooms are spa suite accommodation at GH HK.
Thanks, only had that type of room once (which doesn't bother me since I'm not into spas much), but the door to the one I had certainly wasn't hidden from anyone.
offerendum likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 12:49 am

Originally Posted by RichardInSF
Thanks, only had that type of room once (which doesn't bother me since I'm not into spas much), but the door to the one I had certainly wasn't hidden from anyone.
No, not hidden at all. Indeed many of the accommodations mentioned in this thread are not secret at all. They are well advertised hotel-within-hotel concepts.
offerendum likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 3:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo

No, not hidden at all. Indeed many of the accommodations mentioned in this thread are not secret at all. They are well advertised hotel-within-hotel concepts.
Of Course they are. Hotels mostly only make money with accomodations they promote....
MikeFromTokyo likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.