"secret" hotel within hotel concepts

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"secret" hotel within hotel concepts

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2019, 4:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Some AmEx Centurion lounges have an inner sanctum just for Centurion cardholders.

There's also The Private Room at the SQ lounge in SIN.

Other airline lounges have FC sections, nap rooms, rooms for groups, rooms for VIPs (including congresscritters at DCA), and just less obvious rooms that are more likely to have empty seats.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 4:48 pm

Originally Posted by BOStonTravels
Great example of something really exclusive and seemingly very special.
Haha. I stayed there on a client's tab several years ago, and had no idea the spa was exclusive or special until I saw it on my bill at checkout.
offerendum and BOStonTravels like this.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 11:56 am

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
The Barai is run as a separate hotel at the Hyatt Regency Hua Hin - 8 rooms (4 pool suites, 4 balcony suites), access to a separate infinity pool, separate club lounge and butler service - the daily massage helps too!
Old Jan 13, 2019, 9:05 am

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by BOStonTravels
I am very curious about the idea of hotel within hotel concepts around the world at various properties.

The typical RC concept at most of their properties I am not a huge fan of as its like a decent airline lounge with sometimes great views but at a few properties it includes somewhat secretive perks like separate pool and I find that fascinating.

Esteemed contributor @m0hamed recently piqued my interest in a somewhat luxury property in Sharm, the Hyatt Regency which has a club level that truly seems like a separate hotel within hotel. This property features not only a large club house, differentiated rooms, but a really lovely private pool with service and a private beach. I was recently at the soon to be flagged Waldorf (now Towers Hotel Heliopolis) in Cairo and while the rooms pre refurbishment where very very mediocre they had an unadvertised lounge with private entrance from the driveway and private elevator. There was also unadvertised butler service for this level which was some of the best I have ever experienced (and Im generally really not a fan of this concept as find it useless) as well as separate pool area from the joined Hilton property. As a separate topic I think this WA hotel when refurbished is going to phenomenal.

This got me wondering about luxury properties around the world that might have similar features beyond the standard lounge that truly differentiate the product from the rest of the hotel/resort and might not be obvious/well advertised. I hope this thread seems appropriate and am eager for your expert knowledge as I couldn't find much on this topic.

Best, BT
They have been around for a long time, First with concierge levels and then separate entrances for others. Same for the airlines aside from their "public lounges" they also have private rooms AF is a great example if your flying Le Premier and especially connecting in Paris.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by edgewood49
AF is a great example if your flying Le Premier and especially connecting in Paris.
Isn't it an usual (great) F-lounge with limited access like Concorde room (not such a great product)?
Old Jan 13, 2019, 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by offerendum

Isn't it an usual (great) F-lounge with limited access like Concorde room (not such a great product)?
Not sure of your comment however on a recent trip to Venice we flew Le Premier and could not have been happier, from the time we checked someone was with us all the way through Venice. The Champagne Bar in transfer lounge was a hoot. EK certainly has a good product however there is a certain extra touch to AF. BA is horrible. And of course no US metal internationally, NO
Old Jan 13, 2019, 3:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Not sure of your comment however on a recent trip to Venice we flew Le Premier and could not have been happier, from the time we checked someone was with us all the way through Venice. The Champagne Bar in transfer lounge was a hoot. EK certainly has a good product however there is a certain extra touch to AF. BA is horrible. And of course no US metal internationally, NO
I don´t doubt it´s a good (or great) product it´s only not an excample for "secret" or "not well known" products. It´s all part of the regular product and I guess (at least I do) many consider it as an Advantage when booking a flight. The "special" at Concorde room (if good or not) is that not everyone with sStatus or on an Oneworld F-ticket may enter, it´s only for BA F-guests (and some voucher guests). Same with F-terminal in FRA.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 3:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Another part of the secret hotel concept is the VVIP guest relations team. You know that a hotel is major when it has that kind of program to take care of celebrities, heads of state or VVIP guests. Sitting here and seeing a major Uzbek singer (and entourage) checking in and being fawned upon by a special pair of guest relations people I've never seen before.
BOStonTravels likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 3:17 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
SQ from SIN has its FC/Suites private check in area and private passport control and security lines that go into T3 close to the SQ lounge and of course TPR.
FlyerEC likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 6:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
SQ from SIN has its FC/Suites private check in area and private passport control and security lines that go into T3 close to the SQ lounge and of course TPR.
We come more and more off topic. Some airlines/ airports offer facilities like that. For me it´s part of a good F-product. Nearest to a hotel are the cabanas at some lounges.....

Originally Posted by Aventine
Another part of the secret hotel concept is the VVIP guest relations team. You know that a hotel is major when it has that kind of program to take care of celebrities, heads of state or VVIP guests. Sitting here and seeing a major Uzbek singer (and entourage) checking in and being fawned upon by a special pair of guest relations people I've never seen before.
This one is a good excample for something special, sometimes the GM (or a special manager) greats VIPs or people who stay in special suites. Nevertheless I underline what vuittonsofstyle said. Some hotels treat every guest like this and don´t have several levels of service/ facílities. That are the real high end luxury hotels.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 12:41 pm

Malakiya Villas at Madinat Jumeirah
Old Jan 14, 2019, 6:51 pm

Originally Posted by offerendum
We come more and more off topic. Some airlines/ airports offer facilities like that. For me it´s part of a good F-product. Nearest to a hotel are the cabanas at some lounges.....

This one is a good excample for something special, sometimes the GM (or a special manager) greats VIPs or people who stay in special suites. Nevertheless I underline what vuittonsofstyle said. Some hotels treat every guest like this and don´t have several levels of service/ facílities. That are the real high end luxury hotels.

Actually I think we are on topic, if your staying in the private area's of a hotel you're also flying with the benefits of special services as well. Depending on the airline you will be taken to your hotel upon arrival. On certain routes I never see Schengen check nor security.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 11:23 am

Actually I think we are on topic, if your staying in the private area's of a hotel you're also flying with the benefits of special services as well. Depending on the airline you will be taken to your hotel upon arrival. On certain routes I never see Schengen check nor security.
I agree. Most people don't know the special airport stuff exists. We're just exposed to it being on these forums and reading blogs.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 11:32 am

Originally Posted by phant0m
I agree. Most people don't know the special airport stuff exists. We're just exposed to it being on these forums and reading blogs.

without going deeper there are places where you don't even go through security, now having said that I was told that "they know who you are"

Anyway it's a hoot.
BOStonTravels likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 11:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by phant0m
I agree. Most people don't know the special airport stuff exists.
If they don´t fly F it may be. People who really consider flying F and inform thereself a little bit know it if they didn´t experience it by themself. Noting so far mentioned in this thread is "secret" in any way.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.