Reload this Page >

Istanbul hotel pools in winter?

Old Jan 5, 19, 4:48 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: BA

Have a few nights in Istanbul and looking at various hotel websites for the usual luxury properties all the indoor pools look very dark as if they are in windowless caves. Any luxury or near luxury properties that have nice pools with light that are open during the winter season (assuming all outdoor pools closed or not heated during the winter months)? Many thanks
Old Jan 5, 19, 11:17 am

The Four Seasons at the Bosphorus the Raffles are your best bet for some natural light. More at Raffles and FS.
Old Jan 5, 19, 12:03 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Erohnson View Post
The Four Seasons at the Bosphorus the Raffles are your best bet for some natural light. More at Raffles and FS.
Thanks I had not looked at Raffles, it does indeed look like the best indoor pool of the lot. 4S looks dungeon like.
Old Jan 10, 19, 5:44 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Too bad PH's rooftop pool isn't heated. That would have been one of your best sunny spot choices.
BOStonTravels likes this.
Old Jan 11, 19, 3:13 am

Originally Posted by Aventine View Post
Too bad PH's rooftop pool isn't heated. That would have been one of your best sunny spot choices.
IIRC they are actually closing the pool in winter. While sunny, not really my favorite pool due to odd design and proximity to various other amenities.

My favorite, by far, are the two stunning FS Bosporus pools.
BOStonTravels likes this.
Old Jan 11, 19, 5:54 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by scented View Post
IIRC they are actually closing the pool in winter. While sunny, not really my favorite pool due to odd design and proximity to various other amenities.

My favorite, by far, are the two stunning FS Bosporus pools.
These are lovely but I assume not really accessible or even if they were, pleasant/usable over these winter months?
Old Jan 11, 19, 7:49 am

Originally Posted by BOStonTravels View Post
These are lovely but I assume not really accessible or even if they were, pleasant/usable over these winter months?
FS Bosporus' indoor pool is readily available during winter months and arguably the nicest pool in the city. I recommend Sodashi's Samadara facial post swim, which is executed to perfection there -- really wonderful Spa.
Old Jan 11, 19, 8:12 am
Suspended
Original Poster

FS Bosporus' indoor pool is readily available during winter months and arguably the nicest pool in the city. I recommend Sodashi's Samadara facial post swim, which is executed to perfection there -- really wonderful Spa.
Too bad (for my tastes) it looks like a scary dungeon! So sad as rest of hotel looks lovely to me.
Old Jan 11, 19, 8:58 pm
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Originally Posted by BOStonTravels View Post
Too bad (for my tastes) it looks like a scary dungeon! So sad as rest of hotel looks lovely to me.
FS Bosporus is truly lovely , pity about the indoor pool but if you are doing free style it should be ok .. just do not lounge around