Amanresorts Thread 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amanresorts Thread 2019

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2019, 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by Aventine
I always heard VD say he was in for the long haul?
Just how long that haul is...

We should also not forget he has (partial?) ownership of NYC? (@Kagehitokiri?)
Old Mar 12, 2019, 12:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

commercialobserver.com/2019/01/cain-crown-building-refi
new financing arrangement between Cain, a London-based lender, and [vlad]
therealdeal.com/2018/03/15/crown-building-penthouse-in-contract-for-whopping-180m-sources
Sources said [shvo] retained a stake in the development.
a thing to watch is ownership of aman properties
dolphin decided to liquidate; sold nera, zoe, kea
kyoto got new investor who finished construction
nusa lease was not renewed, property 'closed'
curious re any majority owned by aman corp
vuittonsofstyle and scented like this.

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Mar 12, 2019 at 12:31 pm
Old Mar 15, 2019, 3:20 am

Programs: Miles and Smiles Elite Plus
So I am finally doing a Bali trip. After Amanruya I now have the chance to experience a few more Amans. A couple questions to experts here, I read a lot of Bali posts about hotels etc but my final decision about Ubud is still not made. Aman, Mandapa or FS Sayan? I am a little worried about the current changes in Aman and hearing about these ownership changes causing trouble with service.

Also did anyone do any diving while they were staying at Amankila? I don't want to spend my whole day driving and getting on mediocre dive boats and if that is what I will get to put some diving in at Amankila I might as well skip it.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 3:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by tcmb99
So I am finally doing a Bali trip. After Amanruya I now have the chance to experience a few more Amans. A couple questions to experts here, I read a lot of Bali posts about hotels etc but my final decision about Ubud is still not made. Aman, Mandapa or FS Sayan? I am a little worried about the current changes in Aman and hearing about these ownership changes causing trouble with service.

Also did anyone do any diving while they were staying at Amankila? I don't want to spend my whole day driving and getting on mediocre dive boats and if that is what I will get to put some diving in at Amankila I might as well skip it.
Indonesian Amans are in better hands than some of the city properties.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 8:23 am
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by tcmb99
We did the amazing USS Liberty dive while staying at Amankila. It was about a 1 hr drive to Amed, where you get outfitted and do a shore entry through one of the local dive shops—they were very gracious and helpful. It was a long day but worth every second, as it was one of the best dives we’ve enjoyed in the world. We did two dives there to make the jaunt more worthwhile. I highly recommend it.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 8:40 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by bhrubin

We did the amazing USS Liberty dive while staying at Amankila. It was about a 1 hr drive to Amed, where you get outfitted and do a shore entry through one of the local dive shops—they were very gracious and helpful. It was a long day but worth every second, as it was one of the best dives we’ve enjoyed in the world. We did two dives there to make the jaunt more worthwhile. I highly recommend it.
I did one dive there as well while at Amankila. Decided to skip the second dive as it was already late in the day and didn't want to waste the entire day, given that my wife does not dive and it was our honeymoon.

I remember the drive being closer to 2 hours. It's definitely a long day, especially if you want to do two dives. That said, it was a great dive and I don't think I regret the time suck.

I believe there is diving closer to the hotel. They partner with Gecko Diving so you can take a look on their website what dives are on the east coast of Bali which would be close to the hotel.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 6:10 am

Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
Has anyone heard the rumour that Doronin has sold Aman and will bow out over the next 4 years? I have heard this 3 times now, mentioning a Chinese billionaire as the buyer. Could be just fake news, but I did hear that Doronin always intended to sell Aman on, so you never know.
He would like to sell it but he can not find someone who pays USD 358 Mio, which he paid for. After the first year of the takeover he had to inject another 9 Mio. Looks like the takeover was a bit painful for him. But he can continue with his intelligent business development of Aman Skin Care. In the future we will see a tooth paste, created by him. "Dorodent", sounds not bad.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 6:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Amen
He would like to sell it but he can not find someone who pays USD 358 Mio, which he paid for. After the first year of the takeover he had to inject another 9 Mio. Looks like the takeover was a bit painful for him. But he can continue with his intelligent business development of Aman Skin Care. In the future we will see a tooth paste, created by him. "Dorodent", sounds not bad.
Don't go giving him any ideas. DORODENT by Aman Pharmaceuticals.
vuittonsofstyle and Musken like this.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 11:21 am

https://www.dorodent.com.pl/
Old Mar 30, 2019, 6:14 pm
Was sydakllon

Programs: Virtuoso, Rosewood Elite, FSPP, Bellini, Dorchester, MO Fan Club, Oetker Pearl, etc.
Aman is selling on Luxury Escapes now?

https://luxuryescapes.com/au/offer/a...I00000bPm8jQAC
Old Mar 30, 2019, 6:45 pm

Originally Posted by sydakllon

I spotted that yesterday too. Probably not a bad deal inc half board? But certainly a bad look for the brand and will attract a rather different clientele.
Old Mar 30, 2019, 7:54 pm

Originally Posted by sydakllon

Hell breaks loose.
vuittonsofstyle likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 1:26 am
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
I wonder how these are led - because they have even taken themselves off Luxury Retreats and they are generally quite selective about where they do promote.

But this seems to be only Amanoi (I couldn't find other Amans on there) so it was something led by the local Amanoi team?
Old Apr 1, 2019, 8:08 am

Aman is getting in on the April Fools Day fun! Amangiri just posted the following to their Instagram page:

“Coming soon - Canyon Vaulting at #Amangiri! Launch yourself over a 450ft canyon with nothing but a pole vault and helmet.“

SanDiego1K and bhrubin like this.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 8:47 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by chinmoylad
I wonder how these are led - because they have even taken themselves off Luxury Retreats and they are generally quite selective about where they do promote.

But this seems to be only Amanoi (I couldn't find other Amans on there) so it was something led by the local Amanoi team?
They are still on luxury retreats; at least Amanyara is..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.