Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Amanresorts Thread 2019

Amanresorts Thread 2019

Old Mar 4, 2019, 3:08 am
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Originally Posted by vienna-resident

If you look at Claudia’s weird 4:00 am Instagram posts you’ll see why she’s too busy to respond...
Oh dear , must be rather disgusting - that is poor form Aman or not .. but other than FT , do not have any social media stuff .. so no Instagram .

Perhaps best you are not in Aventine
Old Mar 4, 2019, 4:30 am
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
Originally Posted by vienna-resident
Seeing all the posts on social media about the Atma by Aman event in Venice (it appears the Aman PR girls where out in full force) I‘m just really really glad I skipped this. What an odd event, odd crowd, just seemed very un-Aman to me. But each to her/his own, I guess...

Slide show by Corriere della Sera for those interested
Yea, I'm still confused by this.

Whatever we think of some recent Aman updates, they are linked to travel in one form or another - this one is so out of nowhere that I'm really not sure what exactly it is supposed to be. "Odd" sums it up.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 4:31 am

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
Originally Posted by Aventine
Must have gone private for the bad optics or my Aman clearance is too low.
It's just her posting about the event. To be fair I guess as General Manager of the hotel that makes sense...?
Old Mar 5, 2019, 11:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

photos of dinner table at aman venice looked ok

any photos of https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jamie_Cullum performance?

main event was not at aman venice

re GM, many aman GMs left for a reason

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Mar 5, 2019 at 7:09 pm
Old Mar 6, 2019, 6:53 am

Programs: CX DM
Just back from Niseko; heard rumblings about a future Aman at Mt. Moiwa (beside Mt Annupuri, home to the Niseko resorts) possibly next year. Would be a nice addition to the Japan collection of Amans, and a great luxury option there if Moiwa and Annupuri ski areas are successfully integrated.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 8:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Altocumulus
Just back from Niseko; heard rumblings about a future Aman at Mt. Moiwa (beside Mt Annupuri, home to the Niseko resorts) possibly next year. Would be a nice addition to the Japan collection of Amans, and a great luxury option there if Moiwa and Annupuri ski areas are successfully integrated.
I'm sure they're already scheming where to put one in Okinawa as well.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 9:08 am

Originally Posted by Aventine
I'm sure they're already scheming where to put one in Okinawa as well.
Definitely good potential there - that destination lacks something (there's that Hoshinoya on Taketomi near Taiwan...). I'm surprised they didn't jump on it earlier. Huge Aman base in Hong Kong, Taipei and obviously Japan - all 3 would be itching for an Aman Okinawa on the beach.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 9:53 am

Originally Posted by chinmoylad
Definitely good potential there - that destination lacks something (there's that Hoshinoya on Taketomi near Taiwan...). I'm surprised they didn't jump on it earlier. Huge Aman base in Hong Kong, Taipei and obviously Japan - all 3 would be itching for an Aman Okinawa on the beach.
Malaysian conglomerate Berjaya is building a FS in Okinawa, with construction beginning soon. I heard they were also talking to Aman, but obviously due to Kyoto continued the successful partnership.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 3:08 pm

Just noticed that there is (still) a page on the Aman website for Aman Costa Rica https://www.aman.com/resorts/costa-rica

Anyone have any information as to what's going on (stage of development? possible opening year?)

If you scroll down on that page, there is an aerial of one of the resort buildings. It looks stunning.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 3:59 pm

Programs: Amanjunkie, LH SEN
Originally Posted by MicSanToro
Just noticed that there is (still) a page on the Aman website for Aman Costa Rica https://www.aman.com/resorts/costa-rica

Anyone have any information as to what's going on (stage of development? possible opening year?)

If you scroll down on that page, there is an aerial of one of the resort buildings. It looks stunning.
For new Amanresorts, please check the New Aman 2019 thread:
New Aman, Azerai, GHM & Ahn Luh Resorts - 2019 edition
Here it is reported, that construction did not start yet, so there will be no opening before 2021.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 7:18 am
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..

Did anyone else notice what we know as Aman Canal Grande Venice ( AmanCGV ) , is now Aman Venice ?
Like Aman Tokyo and soon Aman Kyoto ?
Each losing her unique “ personality “ , just like the common font now while each had they own “ font “ identity ..
Old Mar 11, 2019, 9:22 am

Originally Posted by FlyerEC

Did anyone else notice what we know as Aman Canal Grande Venice ( AmanCGV ) , is now Aman Venice ?
Like Aman Tokyo and soon Aman Kyoto ?
Each losing her unique “ personality “ , just like the common font now while each had they own “ font “ identity ..
Really loved the old logos... I have so many items with these still around. Everything from T-shirts to hats and even umbrellas. Truly unique.

These days overbranded soup of same purist font.
livefromtuscany likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by scented

Really loved the old logos... I have so many items with these still around. Everything from T-shirts to hats and even umbrellas. Truly unique.

These days overbranded soup of same purist font.
Aman corporate more than Aman resorts. That's how I felt with all the new/shortened names and fonts.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 10:57 am

Has anyone heard the rumour that Doronin has sold Aman and will bow out over the next 4 years? I have heard this 3 times now, mentioning a Chinese billionaire as the buyer. Could be just fake news, but I did hear that Doronin always intended to sell Aman on, so you never know.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 11:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
Has anyone heard the rumour that Doronin has sold Aman and will bow out over the next 4 years? I have heard this 3 times now, mentioning a Chinese billionaire as the buyer. Could be just fake news, but I did hear that Doronin always intended to sell Aman on, so you never know.
I always heard VD say he was in for the long haul?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.