Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Amanresorts Thread 2019

Amanresorts Thread 2019

Old Feb 14, 2019, 6:28 pm
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
I see that Amanpuri is launching Aman's medi-spa concept, including hormone injections, on-site doctor, botox etc - not what one expects of the normally holistic Aman.
Originally Posted by FlyingDoctorwu

hmmm. Wonder if I can get a job as a traveling Aman doctor....

fdw
Originally Posted by chinmoylad
Same as my reaction to the Aman Events, I just shrugged when I was informed of this.
Erh , have you all seen the Aman wellness ( unAMAN of yore ) video ? - Puri ..
Good if can come to their rescue , FDW

Some AMANjunkies FTers will likely discuss in a couple of hours - MOHK ( unless more pressing matters surface in between ) , anyone else in the vicinity ?
Old Feb 14, 2019, 7:19 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by FlyerEC

In a couple of hours - MOHK ( unless more pressing matters surface in between ) , anyone else in the vicinity ?
I think @vienna-resident is in HK, at least according to his Instagram... though he might just be in transit to Amanoi....

FDW
Old Feb 14, 2019, 8:08 pm

I think @vienna-resident is in HK, at least according to his Instagram... though he might just be in transit to Amanoi....

FDW
Yes , we are having our annual get together , usually at an Aman but not this time
Old Feb 14, 2019, 8:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by FlyerEC

Erh , have you all seen the Aman wellness ( unAMAN of yore ) video ? - Puri ..
Good if can come to their rescue , FDW

Some AMANjunkies FTers will likely discuss in a couple of hours - MOHK ( unless more pressing matters surface in between ) , anyone else in the vicinity ?
Council is in session.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 12:15 am

Hi guys, anyone know where I can find info on Aman properties that offer resident rates? I know Indonesia, Vietnam, Laos, and Cambodia properties all do but beyond that I'm not familiar. Do the Chinese properties offer those rates?
Old Feb 15, 2019, 12:46 am
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
Originally Posted by inkobewetrust
Hi guys, anyone know where I can find info on Aman properties that offer resident rates? I know Indonesia, Vietnam, Laos, and Cambodia properties all do but beyond that I'm not familiar. Do the Chinese properties offer those rates?
Thailand and Philippines also. I suspect the Indian properties do as well but not 100% sure. Not sure about Chinese properties.

You can email Aman to ask but speak to the relevant person for the property (GM or sales or local reservations) rather than global reservations.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 1:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by chinmoylad
Thailand and Philippines also. I suspect the Indian properties do as well but not 100% sure. Not sure about Chinese properties.

You can email Aman to ask but speak to the relevant person for the property (GM or sales or local reservations) rather than global reservations.
I know Japan doesn't. The price is the price.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 8:22 am
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
By the way, adding to my earlier post, some of the Southeast Asian ones have multiple rates across nationalities/countries - it's something like (but don't quote me exactly) Thailand, Cambodia, Laos - a resident of any of these can enjoy resident rates at all of them.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 2:03 am
formerly vienna-resident
Marriott Contributor Badge

FDW
Indeed (big brother is watching, damn Instagram), and it was fun connecting with @Flyer_EC and @chinmoylad!
Old Feb 19, 2019, 4:14 am

Programs: some
Sri Lanka
Old Feb 19, 2019, 12:43 pm

Amangalla Review / Notes: February 2019

my wife and I just completed a 4 night stay at Amangalla. After spending a few days in Colombo (not particularly interesting), we REALLY enjoyed Galle. The hotel is very nice (albeit old), and the service is fantastic. We met the GM, Sean, and his staff really does a great job with the guests. We were there over Chinese New Year, so pretty crowded, but they also did some special events for the guests.

1) The (included) breakfast was really fantastic... you can enjoy it anywhere, and the menu was varied and well prepared.

2) They did 2 or 3 room cleanings per day... Really top notch on cleanliness. The standard rooms are a little small. Not bad if you dont spend much time there, but if you want to relax in your room, i suggest upgrading to a larger suite.

3) the hydro rooms are COOL. They have 2 private rooms you can reserve for 1-2 hours... It has their own jetted tub, cold plunge pool, sauna, and steam room... and 2 showers and bathroom. My wife and i booked it every afternoon for an hour - awesome to do before evening drinks/dinner.

4) lots of great restaurants in Galle. We had very good (and cheap) dinners all 4 nights...

5) We did a private blue whale watching trip. We booked one online for about $450 for 2 of us. It was efficient - started 10am and back by 1pm. We saw the same whale about 4 or 5 times... It was cool, but not sure it was worth a day and $450. There are normally 30-50 boats all surrounding the same whale in the early mornings...

6) I did the (included) yoga at Amangalla one day and should have done it more. There were only 2 of us in the class, and it was one of the best "resort" yoga classes i have done. Kudo's to the team.

7) my wife did a massage at the spa and really enjoyed it... You can save money and do treatments at Spa Ceylon about 3 blocks away in addition. About $50/hour at Spa Ceylon and $100/hour at Amangalla.

8) Afternoon tea (included) at the Aman was also great.... Tea, service, and biscuits made a great afternoon activity

9) they do NOT have a fitness center at the hotel, but they directed me to the Jetwing Lighthouse Hotel. It is about 7 min by tuktuk from the hotel. I would suggest they figure out how to have a small fitness room in the hotel, but if not, but should have a program to allow guests to use the Jetwing hotel gym complimentary. It cost about $8/day plus $5 for the tuk-tuk. Not expensive, but a hassle...
Old Feb 20, 2019, 4:28 pm

Was just at Galla too & returning after Wella . bgraff , were y there on Monday ?

Looking forward to returning to use the Baths & Spa besides the meals including cream teas in the afternoon ( one with Londonjetsetter )
Old Feb 21, 2019, 1:49 am

Programs: BA Silver, Virgin Gold
Hi all

I am looking at an Amanbagh booking and the Indian travel agency Pierce and Leslie is offering by far the best offer. Virtuoso offer their usual of best rate + add ons but Pierce is abut 30% off the room rate.

Has anyone ever book through them? Do people think it is legitimate in terms of them being able to offer such a discount as i though Aman hotels were only bookable at the the rate on the website?

Thanks
newfrequent likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 5:59 am
A4K

Programs: N/A
Originally Posted by bgraff

6) I did the (included) yoga at Amangalla one day and should have done it more. There were only 2 of us in the class, and it was one of the best "resort" yoga classes i have done. Kudo's to the team.

9) they do NOT have a fitness center at the hotel, but they directed me to the Jetwing Lighthouse Hotel. It is about 7 min by tuktuk from the hotel. I would suggest they figure out how to have a small fitness room in the hotel, but if not, but should have a program to allow guests to use the Jetwing hotel gym complimentary. It cost about $8/day plus $5 for the tuk-tuk. Not expensive, but a hassle...
Need to try yoga with Bepak Eka at Amankila, that is quite the experience.

Cannot believe they wouldn't pay for the transport and use of the facility at the other hotel seeing they do not have any fitness facilities. Very surprising.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 7:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bgraff

8) Afternoon tea (included) at the Aman was also great.... Tea, service, and biscuits made a great afternoon activity

That's a massive letdown. It should be complimentary for usage and transport. What kind of hotel doesn't have fitness machines or weights in this day and age?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.