FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Luxury Hotels and Travel (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxury-hotels-travel-220/)
-   -   Amanresorts Thread 2019 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxury-hotels-travel/1948345-amanresorts-thread-2019-a.html)

bhrubin Jan 22, 2019 10:35 am

Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle (Post 30686344)
Is this fake news about VD being one of the original Amanjunkies? I say this because many ex-Amanresorts GMs had never heard of him, let alone met him, before he took over the company. I gather he was fond of Amanpuri, but he certainly had not visited many of the other Amanresorts, such as Amanpulo, which he finally visited quite a long time after acquiring Aman.

Maybe we should not believe everything we read...

I think we may be losing the forest through the trees. Whether or not VD (a truly unfortunate acronym) was an original Amanjunkie for most Aman properties or not, he clearly was a big fan of the brand or specific properties within the brand, and he also clearly has changed the ethos that made the Aman brand and its properties so special for so many others.

I don’t care about the motivation for his action as much the result. The result has been a sharp change in ethos at many Aman properties, combined with a significantly different interest in much higher occupancy, along with the direction for new property development.

Kagehitokiri Jan 22, 2019 10:47 am

people to ask: varnier (anantara layan) and lark
seems many were regulars of puri but not others
big residences at yara (and zoe) came much later
many still not developing planned residences..

maybe will help finance aman tibet etc
or add trongsa lodge to amankora
did add pool to one amankora lodge

zecha signed aman tokyo (and GHM setai miami)
(kind of like isadore sharp wanting disney world)
prior amans in cities were only small historical
2004 GHM setai opened (~250 too big for aman)
2007 DLF acquired aman
2008 summer palace beijing opened
2009 tokyo signed
2010 fayun opened, lijiang first mentioned here
2011 yangyun signed then named in 2013
2012 ise (nemu) first mentioned here

chinmoylad Jan 22, 2019 12:14 pm

Anyone know what this ATMA thing is about (Aman events)? Totally random and bizarre. First event in Venice.
(Just received a press release from Aman - it had been in the works etc but I’m still confused what it’s actually supposed to accomplish. Also, “globally renowned DJs” - as per the release - is not really something I associate with Aman. An EDM festival or Coachella yes...)

scented Jan 22, 2019 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by chinmoylad (Post 30686913)
Anyone know what this ATMA thing is about (Aman events)? Totally random and bizarre. First event in Venice.
(Just received a press release from Aman - it had been in the works etc but I’m still confused what it’s actually supposed to accomplish. Also, “globally renowned DJs” - as per the release - is not really something I associate with Aman. An EDM festival or Coachella yes...)

I thought the same.
What I heard about this year's NYE festivities at Puri might have been an omen in retrospect...

chinmoylad Jan 22, 2019 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by scented (Post 30686977)
I thought the same.
What I heard about this year's NYE festivities at Puri might have been an omen in retrospect...

Same! I thought “ok it’s New Years Eve” and maybe it was a social media thing/wording.

Can someone please remind someone at Aman that the word “Aman” is rooted in Sanskrit origin, meaning peace, not latest pop and EDM hits and beat drops?

Kagehitokiri Jan 22, 2019 12:39 pm

facebook.com/events/257395181595928
atmabyaman.com
info[@]atmabyaman.com
facebook.com/atmabyaman
instagram.com/atma_events
venice is 1 night on mar 1 (like FS events)
aman venice blocked feb 28 mar 1 2
if buyout seems like no problem
(whereas FS uses event spaces)

aman can be unique re buyouts
but not good when not requiring

Kagehitokiri Jan 22, 2019 1:38 pm

main event not at aman (like some FS events)

Hosting just over 100 guests, the Palazzo Dinner will feature a live performance by multiplatinum-selling British pianist and vocalist Jamie Cullum...performance and aperitivo will be followed by an exquisite dinner, after which guests will be transported by boat to the Arsenale di Venezia...from 10pm at the historic docks of the Arsenale di Venezia...9.30pm from Piazza San Marco and boat transfers will be provided from Aman Venice for Palazzo Dinner guests.
"320€ (offer ending on January 31st)"
eventbrite.co.uk/e/carnevale-del-futuro-with-dixon-bedouin-peggy-gou-tickets-51708395202?discount=veneziahub

scented Jan 22, 2019 2:19 pm

Wonder who is behind Atma Events Holding...

Someone in Singapore London is thinking really hard how they can most effectively shatter previous idea, image and following of Aman.

Aventine Jan 22, 2019 7:41 pm

Originally Posted by chinmoylad (Post 30687001)

Same! I thought “ok it’s New Years Eve” and maybe it was a social media thing/wording.

Can someone please remind someone at Aman that the word “Aman” is rooted in Sanskrit origin, meaning peace, not latest pop and EDM hits and beat drops?

Originally Posted by scented (Post 30687428)
Wonder who is behind Atma Events Holding...

Someone in Singapore London is thinking really hard how they can most effectively shatter previous idea, image and following of Aman.

​​​​​​
I think VD should rename it Boomcha.

livefromtuscany Jan 23, 2019 9:01 am

Originally Posted by bhrubin (Post 30686465)
I don’t care about the motivation for his action as much the result. The result has been a sharp change in ethos at many Aman properties, combined with a significantly different interest in much higher occupancy, along with the direction for new property development.

So true. And a change for the worst at that.

Originally Posted by chinmoylad (Post 30686913)

I got an invitation (to book) from Aman Venice for this event, bizarre is the right word. I can only wonder what kind of people will go to an event like this, certainly not the typical Aman clientele... Totally odd.

All these efforts of making the Aman brand more accessible (city destinations, Aman skincare, 2 global cookie-cutter restaurants Arva and Nama, lifestyle/party events) are having the opposite effect on me...

Kagehitokiri Jan 23, 2019 9:05 am

did someone rent aman venice and theyre doing the offsite event?

was invitation to book room at aman venice?

question is re room bookings before reservations blocked online

if buyout, not like bad reports of pulo and kila not requiring buyout

most attendees of offsite event will not start at aman venice >

just over 100 guests, the Palazzo Dinner

9.30pm from Piazza San Marco and boat transfers will be provided from Aman Venice for Palazzo Dinner guests.
the offsite location >
vela.avmspa.it/sites/default/files/LOCATION_ARSENALE_2017_ENG_0.pdf
vela.avmspa.it/en/content/venice-arsenale-0
valorizzazioniculturali.com/en/location/arsenale-docks

In 2008, the restoration of the historic Cucchini shipyard has converted industrial premises into an important exhibition space and venue
labiennale.org/en/venues/arsenale

Since 1980 the Arsenale has become the exhibition site of La Biennale
Since 1999, a program for the enhancement of the area has been opened, which has allowed to open to the public

Kagehitokiri Jan 24, 2019 8:58 am

the 320+ euro per person ticket being sold to public is only for main event at arsenale, not aman

separate from 100 guest performance and dinner at aman venice - curious if anyone hears re booking

only 24 room (48 guest) , presumably hosting Cullum etc ?
aman venice website resevations blocked feb 28 mar 1 2
interesting Alcova Tiepolo Suite booked mar 3 4

Kagehitokiri Jan 28, 2019 2:59 pm

venice unblocked feb 28
bedroom, stanza
sansovino, Maddalena

sara blocked jun 15 - aug 15 = ?

sveti island offpeak
sep 10 - oct 14 is an extension
may 1 - jun 12

single occupancy discount still at some
taka double 760+152=912 single 610+122=732
sara double 1350+316=1666 single 1150+269=1419

ruya apr 15 > oct , no min in peak

zoe low
apr 4-17
oct 13 - nov 30
aman.com/resorts/amanzoe/exclusives/amanzoe-essence
apr 4-30 , oct 14 - nov 30 half board etc

zoe and sveti did first US FHR 4th free this past winter

so far no free night >
yangyun, nemu, tokyo
venice, melezin

uclabruin82 Jan 28, 2019 9:48 pm

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri (Post 30694957)
the 320+ euro per person ticket being sold to public is only for main event at arsenale, not aman

separate from 100 guest performance and dinner at aman venice - curious if anyone hears re booking

only 24 room (48 guest) , presumably hosting Cullum etc ?
aman venice website resevations blocked feb 28 mar 1 2
interesting Alcova Tiepolo Suite booked mar 3 4

A few months ago I had asked to be put on the waitlist for rooms at the Aman as we were thinking about going to Carnivale. Decided not to go but last week I did receive an email from the team at Aman (through my TA) asking if I were still interested in booking a room and informing me about both the event at the hotel and at Arsenale. TBH, if we were going we probably would have taken them up on it since for us the point of going to Carnivale was for the parties

Kagehitokiri Jan 29, 2019 11:10 am

thanks! if dates blocked few months ago thats good, and during carnival
aman.com/resorts/aman-venice/exclusives/carnival-aman-venice

Nightly tours lead guests by boat and on foot to the most intriguing places in Venice as an Aman guide
unblocked mar 1 2 now, and lists event in rates 'Carnival Experience'
aman.com/resorts/aman-venice/exclusives/carnival-experience

For more information on the dinner, and also with regards to the following Atma by Aman event at the Arsenale di Venezia, please contact
feb 27 - low 950
feb 28 , mar 3 - peak 1550
mar 4 - mid 1150

mar 1 include event (mar 2 same rate..)
3350 per nt bedroom
4450 per nt stanza
5400 per nt sansovino
5700 per nt maddalena
difference: peak + 1800 ; mid + 2200 ; low + 2400 (so 900 / 1100 / 1200 pp)

Aperitivo with musical performance by Jamie Callum
Intimate Palazzo dinner for two at the Aman Restaurant with beverage included
7 bedroom
2 chamber affresco
4 chamber luminoso
6 stanza
sansovino
maddalena
papadopoli
alcove tiepolo
grand canal

eventbrite link now passworded like atma website

aman COO 2017 >
20% 18-35 2016
28% 18-35 2017 estimated (many at north american amans)
58% 18-35 2017 estimated web booking revenue