FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Luxury Hotels and Travel (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxury-hotels-travel-220/)
-   -   Baccarat Hotel NY (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxury-hotels-travel/1945346-baccarat-hotel-ny.html)

KU104 Dec 12, 2018 2:01 am

Baccarat Hotel NY

I'm wondering if anyone has tried this hotel recently. Does Anyone have suggestions on which room category, packages, virtuoso benefits. I am looking at staying for 4-5nights in January.

If not Baccarat, any suggestions on a hotel with good service and modern rooms (I've stayed at NY Edition but rooms are small and the layout of the junior suite is odd)

Thanks in advance

Aventine Dec 12, 2018 2:07 am

Originally Posted by KU104 (Post 30526165)
I'm wondering if anyone has tried this hotel recently. Does Anyone have suggestions on which room category, packages, virtuoso benefits. I am looking at staying for 4-5nights in January.

If not Baccarat, any suggestions on a hotel with good service and modern rooms (I've stayed at NY Edition but rooms are small and the layout of the junior suite is odd)

Thanks in advance

Four Seasons Downtown is a favorite of ours. The Mark has excellent service and rooms.

FlyingDoctorwu Dec 12, 2018 4:21 am

@besvisor loves the Baccarrat. He’s a travel advisor and he’s got a prettty good relationship with them I think.

I havent stayed there. The pictures seem a bit over the top for me. Park Hyatt has crummy service but a good hard product.

Fdw

newfrequent Dec 12, 2018 7:23 am

Thanks in advance

I have stayed twice, the lobby and bar are a bit OTT. However the rooms are really well appointed and beautifully designed in my opinion.

The first time I had some real service issues, they made me switch rooms after the 1st night with no replacement room available for hours and handled it horrendously.

The 2nd time I stayed everything was good but nothing exceptional. I'd stay away from the packages as they didn't seem to deliver any great value. Virtuoso benefits for me were 3rd night free and a guaranteed upgrade + the usual.

I stayed in a classic suite both times and thought the layout was good for living room privacy but the bedroom was cramped.

KU104 Dec 12, 2018 8:54 am

Originally Posted by Aventine (Post 30526174)
Four Seasons Downtown is a favorite of ours. The Mark has excellent service and rooms.

Thanks, FS is a bit out of the way from where we would like to stay.

Originally Posted by FlyingDoctorwu (Post 30526420)
@besvisor loves the Baccarrat. He’s a travel advisor and he’s got a prettty good relationship with them I think.

I havent stayed there. The pictures seem a bit over the top for me. Park Hyatt has crummy service but a good hard product.

Fdw

Agreed about PH. Not heard good things about the service

Originally Posted by newfrequent (Post 30526906)
I have stayed twice, the lobby and bar are a bit OTT. However the rooms are really well appointed and beautifully designed in my opinion.

The first time I had some real service issues, they made me switch rooms after the 1st night with no replacement room available for hours and handled it horrendously.

The 2nd time I stayed everything was good but nothing exceptional. I'd stay away from the packages as they didn't seem to deliver any great value. Virtuoso benefits for me were 3rd night free and a guaranteed upgrade + the usual.

I stayed in a classic suite both times and thought the layout was good for living room privacy but the bedroom was cramped.

Thanks for the feedback. Seems like booking through a TA would be better for this hotel than direct if they have recovery issues when things go wrong.

FlyingDoctorwu Dec 12, 2018 9:08 am

I will say that at booking Besvisor was able to secure an upgrade. I ended up not staying though.

Fdw

Kagehitokiri Dec 12, 2018 10:03 am

hotel with good service and modern rooms

themarkhotel.com/rooms-and-suites
extremely consistent here since 2009 reopening
below suites built as residences >
1475 800ft2 Park Studio
1575 855ft2 Manhattan
1675 890ft2 Garden
1875 1000ft2 Mark Premier

perhaps someone can comment on best renovated categories at FS (not downtown)

fairly unique layout >
mandarinoriental.com/new-york/manhattan/luxury-hotel/accommodations/suites/hudson-river-view-suite
photos.mandarinoriental.com/is/image/MandarinOriental/new-york-floorplans-suite-hudson-river

at least in past have had free night offers

Pausanias Dec 12, 2018 1:23 pm

Macmyday, ultimo luxe of this parish, was not impressed with the Baccarat - see post no.20:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxu...dations-2.html

Pickles Dec 12, 2018 1:28 pm

Never stayed there (and probably never will, not my style) but the common areas are full of insufferable hypebeasts taking selfies. I guess that's their target market, so if the glove fits, you must acquit.

dr58 Dec 12, 2018 7:05 pm

The answer is: wait until 2020 and stay at Aman New York :)

On a serious note, I've stayed at the PHNY 8 or 9 times now and the service has been fantastic each visit but for one. The service may not be as personalized as some other top hotels in NY, but staff at all levels has gone above and beyond on many occasions. I've been tempted by Baccarat a few times, but keep ending up back at the PH!

op487062 Dec 12, 2018 8:27 pm

Originally Posted by Pickles (Post 30528409)
Never stayed there (and probably never will, not my style) but the common areas are full of insufferable hypebeasts taking selfies. I guess that's their target market, so if the glove fits, you must acquit.

I can't believe I agree with a snarky Pickles post...

KU104 Dec 13, 2018 3:13 am

Originally Posted by FlyingDoctorwu (Post 30527323)
I will say that at booking Besvisor was able to secure an upgrade. I ended up not staying though.

Fdw

Thanks, just having a look at his website now and will try and reach out to him

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri (Post 30527536)
themarkhotel.com/rooms-and-suites
extremely consistent here since 2009 reopening
below suites built as residences >
1475 800ft2 Park Studio
1575 855ft2 Manhattan
1675 890ft2 Garden
1875 1000ft2 Mark Premier

perhaps someone can comment on best renovated categories at FS (not downtown)

fairly unique layout >
mandarinoriental.com/new-york/manhattan/luxury-hotel/accommodations/suites/hudson-river-view-suite
photos.mandarinoriental.com/is/image/MandarinOriental/new-york-floorplans-suite-hudson-river

at least in past have had free night offers

Appreciate the info. Thanks

Originally Posted by Pausanias (Post 30528394)
Macmyday, ultimo luxe of this parish, was not impressed with the Baccarat - see post no.20:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxu...dations-2.html

Ah yes, @MacMyDay 's hilarious reports. Thanks for refreshing my memory

Originally Posted by Pickles (Post 30528409)

This made me laugh! I like the style and decor of the rooms and hotel, but the clientele might be what you and I agree on. (I pray for the demise of social media everyday) Having the "hypebeasts" might be a trade-off for me in the NY hotel market scene for me right now because of the lack of hotels with the style I like.

Originally Posted by dr58 (Post 30529411)
The answer is: wait until 2020 and stay at Aman New York :)

Ha, that day can't come soon enough for me.

helvetic Dec 13, 2018 6:40 pm

My company hosted a private event in this hotel. Ridiculously posh. Can't imagine how expensive the rooms must be.