Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

first greece trip ... Amanzoe and ??

first greece trip ... Amanzoe and ??

Old Mar 9, 2019, 11:29 pm
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
Originally Posted by BESVISOR

As various Amans begin to require CC forms, I've booked more and more through an industry partner (specifically for TAs). Just need client's cc details and can charge based on that alone (but in accordance with Aman's deposit/payment/cancellation policies), instead of having to complete authorization forms and send I.d. card photos, etc... Then I reach out directly to Aman contacts to handle the rest of the client preferences, upgrades, etc... So clients won't have to be hassled with the forms, will receive the same promotion/experience.
Indeed - also, for repeat guests I've seen the card auth forms waived where no actual prepayment is required.

Card authorisation forms are seriously a pain - some places do require them from a regulatory standpoint though. But in that case (e.g. for example when a booking is processed online and such information isn't required), can't they just issue a third party payment link (Amanpulo does this). Maldives in particular tends to be rather annoying with this.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 10:30 am

Originally Posted by Lebron2323
For what its worth, Im going through the same decision making process for a October trip and think Im going to do Astir Palace (if it ever opens; seems like it was supposed to be open a while ago...). But we did Athens (city proper) not too long ago. Feel like I might regret it if we get terrible weather in Mid October and end up wanting to go into the city to have something to do because the beach pool is too cold to even sit at (were generally happy to do that without swimming) but well see.
FS Astir Palace opens 14th April.
MicSanToro likes this.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 3:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GM (2013 Gold, 2014 Silver), Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
Does anyone have a hotel recommendation for Chania?
Old Apr 22, 2019, 6:38 pm
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Originally Posted by offerendum
Booking a rom at Amanzoe is really special. First I had to fill out a CC authorization for 5 nights, now for 1 more night as I extended my stay. So far they don't send out confirmation...... To be honest it sucks, but I think was discussed before.
Haha, it is a pain, indeed! While there are ways to get around cc forms, this is certainly one way to make the stay memorable
Originally Posted by FlyerEC
QUOTE=offerendum;30863018]
Booking a rom at Amanzoe is really special. First I had to fill out a CC authorization for 5 nights, now for 1 more night as I extended my stay. So far they don't send out confirmation...... To be honest it sucks, but I think was discussed before.

QUOTE=offerendum;30863018]
[/QUOTE]

Haha, it is a pain, indeed! While there are ways to get around cc forms, this is certainly one way to make the stay memorable [/QUOTE

Pain indeed
BESVISOR , what are the ways to get around cc forms ?
Facing this nuisance now .. thanks .

Will email them too , have missed some 48 hours time limit trying to figure out ‘ instructions ‘ ..

Thanks BESVISOR for the PM , information , etcetera
Originally Posted by Aventine
Pain indeed
BESVISOR , what are the ways to get around cc forms ?
Facing this nuisance now .. thanks .
Aman is making it somewhat of a turn off to book now. My last stay at a comparable luxury property didn't involve paying upfront and signing my life away.[/QUOTE]

To be clear, Aman Venice next month never asked for any form.
Originally Posted by chinmoylad
Indeed - also, for repeat guests I've seen the card auth forms waived where no actual prepayment is required.

Card authorisation forms are seriously a pain - some places do require them from a regulatory standpoint though. But in that case (e.g. for example when a booking is processed online and such information isn't required), can't they just issue a third party payment link (Amanpulo does this). Maldives in particular tends to be rather annoying with this.
Originally Posted by chinmoylad
Aman is making it somewhat of a turn off to book now. My last stay at a comparable luxury property didn't involve paying upfront and signing my life away.
In remote Greece (or other very remote places?)

My understanding is that part of it is regulations when it's a third party processing the booking (this can be avoided when bookings are made via online platforms) and part of it is to do with remoteness and and again, going back to that earlier discussion on cancellations, modern traveling trends etc.

There's no prepayment for properties such as Aman Tokyo which can sell out a couple of unsold rooms last minute, if necessary.[/QUOTE]

Originally Posted by scented
It used to be really easy... short notice email “en route” and everything was taken care of. No pre-authorization, no CC info, no deposit, just a discreet bill at the end of the stay.

Even Amansara waived deposit requirement during peak New Years stay a while ago.

Seems different tune today.
Yes , it used to be really easy with an email to the GM and all set .

It took numerous emails over months , other means of communication for Venice & Zoe September stay . Then they kindly waived the cc authorisation form requirement ..
Paul L , GM Zoe , replied too & with newly transferred Guillermo V from Galla / Wella a refreshing asset

Now Puri in May & Kila / Nusa Villas in July , was the original AMAN that I am accustomed to , just an email . Thankfully .
Similarly with Nemu / Tokyo in October / November , perhaps because we stayed most recently last November we did not encounter cc / authorisation issues either & all set even before Venice ( which was a worse nuisance compared to Zoe) & Zoe ..
We shall see how the saga continues .. Looking forward to the stays though
scented and BESVISOR like this.

Last edited by FlyerEC; Apr 22, 2019 at 6:58 pm Reason: Add information
Old Apr 23, 2019, 4:59 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Originally Posted by ChicagoDave
Does anyone have a hotel recommendation for Chania?
I've done some research on this because we were considering a trip there.

During my research I thought the Domes Noruz Chania which is part of Marriott's Autograph Collection was the best option if you want to be on the beach. I haven't stayed there but the Domes in Elounda on the other side of the island is very good. Not sure if this matters or not, Domes in Chania is an Adult Only property.

https://www.domesnoruz.com/?gclid=EA...SAAEgIhN_D_BwE

There also seem to be some nice boutique options in town but those were not really of interest to me.

If you are considering a villa or something, I came across this as well that had some interesting looking options

https://www.youphoriavillascrete.com/

Last edited by christianj; Apr 23, 2019 at 5:10 am
Old May 9, 2019, 2:48 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, AA 2.0 MM, DL Plat, Hertz Plat, LY Gold
Any reviews on the Four Seasons yet?
Old May 9, 2019, 5:15 pm
formerly htang333
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
Originally Posted by damaxer91
Any reviews on the Four Seasons yet?
A bit mixed. I've had one client visit twice already. Actually completed their second visit, yesterday.
The feedback was very so-so. The hard product is good for Athens but nothing memorable. The service is pretty much the same.
Clients suggested that it's definitely worth it to book the Nafsika side/accommodations as they are nicer and have better sea views.

On their return visit this week, there was a small mix up and after calling the GM, they did try to resolve the issue and gave my clients a very nice upgrade as a recovery gesture. Kudos to them for that! I haven't heard much details about the food or the beach/pool area, yet, but will report back once I hear anything.
Old Jun 16, 2019, 1:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Some updates about FS? I will most probaly give it a try and Im between Nafsika and The Bungalows. Also think about room or suite as the premium is heavy (nearly 2,5 x the price) and we wont be much in our room. Any experiences with upgrades via FSPP?
Old Jun 16, 2019, 1:35 pm

Gallivanter's June issue should be out soon and apparently Nafsika is not the wing to go for..
Old Jun 16, 2019, 2:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Gallivanter's June issue should be out soon and apparently Nafsika is not the wing to go for..
OK, so Arion?

P.S. Is it possible to buy single issues of Gallivanter's ?
Old Jun 17, 2019, 1:19 am

OK, so Arion?

P.S. Is it possible to buy single issues of Gallivanter's ?
I think it depends on what you are looking for.

I am not sure, you would have to ask the publisher. The annual subscription is reasonably priced, considering the value.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 2:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I am not sure, you would have to ask the publisher. The annual subscription is reasonably priced, considering the value.
You are right, I decided to give it a try
Old Jul 5, 2019, 10:30 am

Very excited as my work schedule changed such that Im now scheduled to go to Zoe at the beginning of Oct (Sept 30-Oct 3 (hopefully weather will be OK.

were planning to do the Four Seasons Astir Palace for a few nights before flying home. Is Nafiska definitely the way to go. Blowing the budget on zoe so suite isnt in the cards.

Were also looking at good options for 2-3 night before Zoe. Is Poseidion in Spetses a the best option for an easy travel to Zoe after? Was thinking about just taking a ferry to Spetses from the airport, and avoiding a rental car altogether (then would have to take the ferry back from Zoe or pay for a transfer). Any reviews of the Four Seasons property in Hydra? Or other luxury options within an easy travel to Zoe? A little nervous that three days in Spetses and four at Zoe might be too much of a similar experience?

Thank you!!

edit: looking at the website, appears that the property is not a real four seasons
Old Jul 5, 2019, 12:10 pm
formerly htang333
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
Originally Posted by Lebron2323
Very excited as my work schedule changed such that Im now scheduled to go to Zoe at the beginning of Oct (Sept 30-Oct 3 (hopefully weather will be OK.

were planning to do the Four Seasons Astir Palace for a few nights before flying home. Is Nafiska definitely the way to go. Blowing the budget on zoe so suite isnt in the cards.

Were also looking at good options for 2-3 night before Zoe. Is Poseidion in Spetses a the best option for an easy travel to Zoe after? Was thinking about just taking a ferry to Spetses from the airport, and avoiding a rental car altogether (then would have to take the ferry back from Zoe or pay for a transfer). Any reviews of the Four Seasons property in Hydra? Or other luxury options within an easy travel to Zoe? A little nervous that three days in Spetses and four at Zoe might be too much of a similar experience?

Thank you!!

edit: looking at the website, appears that the property is not a real four seasons
Nice! Enjoy Zoe!

From having had a few clients visited and returned to FS already, their feedback was that Nafiska is the way to go. But I know others might have disagreed, here.
I haven't been yet so it's just passing along what I've heard from creditable clients.
Old Jul 5, 2019, 3:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Nice! Enjoy Zoe!

From having had a few clients visited and returned to FS already, their feedback was that Nafiska is the way to go. But I know others might have disagreed, here.
I haven't been yet so it's just passing along what I've heard from creditable clients.
I have also an upcoming trip and booked Arion. I got advice it's the premium choice and Nafiska a step below.
vuittonsofstyle likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.