first greece trip ... Amanzoe and ??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

first greece trip ... Amanzoe and ??

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2018, 6:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

talking about new FS right? add a few nights? do instead of another athens hotel?
https://www.bing.com/maps?osid=276f6bef-ccad-4f9c-a73e-08f82f90cee5&cp=37.771739~23.303079&lvl=10&v=2&sV= 2&form=S00027

could see re day yacht charter between FS & aman, see prices both hotels quote

and are there daytrips using aman (hydra, spetses, other?) and FS (?) as bases
in other words if using as a base to visit elsewhere could extend at either or both

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Nov 17, 2018 at 8:50 pm
Old Nov 17, 2018, 8:18 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
talking about new FS right? add a few nights? do instead of another athens hotel?

https://www.bing.com/maps?osid=276f6...=2&form=S00027

could see re day yacht charter between FS & aman, see prices both hotels quote

and are there daytrips using aman (hydra, spetses, other?) and FS (?) as bases

in other words if using as a base to visit elsewhere could extend at either or both
the quote in 2016 for Athens to Amanzoe via Aquazoe was 5500 euros.....

helicopted cheaper. A lot cheaper.

Fdw
Old Nov 17, 2018, 8:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

20K + expenses for one week charter of aquazoe
3K + expenses for one day on one charter site

with aman staff, what about amanzoe one
aman.com/sites/default/files/Amanzoe-Cruises-2018.pdf
also gives potential ideas including spetses and hydra
wonder if aquazoe was originally mima (photos)

(smaller) boat with FS staff may be less
could hire hotel staff separate from boat
sail and catamaran can cost a lot less

i meant day charter with tour not just transfer
seems about 60 miles all the way
hyrda and spetses on the way
could shorten and do part by car

can be nice coming home to aman / FS after daytrip

fourseasons.com/athens/attractions/
fourseasons.com/athens/services-and-amenities
SUNSET SAIL EACH EVENING
NON-MOTORIZED WATER SPORTS, SUCH AS WIND SURFING, SEA KAYAKING AND SNORKELLING
BOAT ACCESS AT THE NAFSIKA POOL AREA WITH TENDER ACCESS THROUGH NAFSIKA'S JETTY
YACHT CATERING
HELIPAD

astir.gr/marina

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Nov 17, 2018 at 9:05 pm
Old Nov 17, 2018, 11:07 pm
Original Poster

20K + expenses for one week charter of aquazoe
3K + expenses for one day on one charter site

with aman staff, what about amanzoe one
aman.com/sites/default/files/Amanzoe-Cruises-2018.pdf
also gives potential ideas including spetses and hydra
wonder if aquazoe was originally mima (photos)

(smaller) boat with FS staff may be less
could hire hotel staff separate from boat
sail and catamaran can cost a lot less

i meant day charter with tour not just transfer
seems about 60 miles all the way
hyrda and spetses on the way
could shorten and do part by car

can be nice coming home to aman / FS after daytrip

fourseasons.com/athens/attractions/
fourseasons.com/athens/services-and-amenities

astir.gr/marina

we were planning on a least one day on a charter from Amanzoe to see hydra and spetses. Not sure what boat options there will be from FS. I’m wondering if the overall experience will be similar at the 2 resorts though. Anyone with experience combining Amanzoe with an island stay for this length of time( approx 9 nights total in Greece ) available to throw their suggestions in?
Old Nov 18, 2018, 3:10 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Avios
We did the Aquazoe charter from Amanzoe if that's of interest. We visited Spetses and Hydra. Here's my blog post on the experience

A Beautiful Boat Trip: Island Hopping on Aquazoe - SilverSpoon London
Old Nov 18, 2018, 5:01 am

After Athens, I would just stay at zo’e the entire time, and do a lot of their activities and excursions. Four nights would not be enough for me. I could easily stay eight or tem nights there. If you do decide to add other destinations, end with a long stay at Amanzo’e.

It is too bad Soneva Nisi never happened. Did that property become something else? It would have been great.
FlyerEC and BESVISOR like this.
Old Nov 18, 2018, 7:32 am
formerly htang333
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
Originally Posted by scottandtracy
Hi. just wanted to get a few ideas about how to spend the 1st 10 days of June in Greece next year. arrive Athens late, staying overnight at the Grand Bretagne. 4 following nights at Amanzoe, then everything is up for grabs. any suggestions for where to go/what to do prior to a flight out of Athens 5 days later? I'd like a nice contrast to Amanzoe, but the resorts on Santorini may be too busy/touristy for me. looking for an island hotel/resort that has excellent service and also a full list of activities. all thoughts/ideas appreciated!
Sounds like a fantastic trip!!

I would second the suggestions of:

- Conclude the trip with Zoe
- Santorini is worth a visit. Views are stunning. While Santorini is obviously touristy, the Katikies properties are very nice and private enough. All properties carries about 27 rooms/suites. It does NOT allow non-guests to step foot onto property, not even for dinning. This would be a nice hideout from the crowds when needed. I just returned from an October visit and in terms of traffic, probably not too much lower than June but it was perfectly okay and as mentioned, will certainly feel more at ease once you retreat onto Katikies. Katikies has a few different options on Santorini but I'd suggest Katikies Santorini or the Krini property, both located in Oia and about 5-10 minute walk from one another. Took one of Katikies' private boats out for an excursion and it was a really nice way to see the island/cliffs, and quick snorkeling/dips in the sea. The F&B was fairly good as well.

Posted a few photos on my Instagram of the Katikies Santorini: @BESVISOR
If you have any additional questions, please feel free to PM.

Happy planning
Old Nov 18, 2018, 8:17 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Athens is definitely worth more than one night. We always stay at least 3 and we have been dozens of times. It is vibrate, historical and the new Acropolis Museum is world class.
SK likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2018, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by scottandtracy
resorts on Santorini may be too busy/touristy for me. looking for an island hotel/resort that has excellent service and also a full list of activities.
in a different area >
Originally Posted by aa213bb
We just visited Santorini in May. We ended up staying at San Antonio, which we greatly enjoyed as it is private, and not like the places in Oia or Fira which are all stacked one on top of the other.
a milos location had proposals from aman and six senses, seems unlikely (see kea delay)

david55, if OP included stay at astir, would you still do at least 1 night more central in athens?
Old Nov 18, 2018, 2:42 pm
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
We just finished our first trip to Greece and were thrilled with our choices.

We had 4 nights total at the Grande Bretagne- first in a very nice Junior Suite (they were booked solid and a visiting dignitary and his entourage were there ) on our 2nd stay they upgraded us to a gorgeous Executive Suite with a huge view terrace. I highly recommended a day trip to Delphi- we loved it. We used George’s Taxi for all of our transport and tours in Athens and they were fabulous.

We felt that we had to visit Santorini even though we understood it could be crowded. October was a perfect option. We spent 3 nights and that was ideal. We loved Mystique but we splurged on one of their best rooms with a private heated plunge pool. Service was exceptional. We loved our private Caldera sunset boat tour- it was one of the highlights of our trip. We had a wonderful dinner at Metaxi Mas.

We didn’t expect to fall in love with Crete but we did and wish we actually had had longer than our 5 nights so that we could have spent some time in Chania. We originally were booked at Blue Palace but switched to Domes of Elounda on the advice of other FTs. We booked a beautiful 2 BR View Villa. The Villas are part of Haute Living which is the Ultra Luxury section of the hotel- with bespoke services and benefits- Very worth it. https://www.domesofelounda.com/haute-living/

We really enjoyed our private tour of the Palace of Knossos and the Museum in Iraklion- and our boat ride to Spinalonga. We had a few lovely meals in Elounda and Plaka but also ventured out to little authentic restaurants that we really enjoyed.

Our trip to Greece exceeded our expectations- we found the people to be some of the warmest and most welcoming we have met on our travels.
SK, david55, FlyerEC and 1 others like this.

Last edited by damon88; Nov 18, 2018 at 3:25 pm
Old Nov 18, 2018, 5:30 pm

Originally Posted by damon88
We just finished our first trip to Greece and were thrilled with our choices.

We had 4 nights total at the Grande Bretagne- first in a very nice Junior Suite (they were booked solid and a visiting dignitary and his entourage were there ) on our 2nd stay they upgraded us to a gorgeous Executive Suite with a huge view terrace. I highly recommended a day trip to Delphi- we loved it. We used George’s Taxi for all of our transport and tours in Athens and they were fabulous.

We felt that we had to visit Santorini even though we understood it could be crowded. October was a perfect option. We spent 3 nights and that was ideal. We loved Mystique but we splurged on one of their best rooms with a private heated plunge pool. Service was exceptional. We loved our private Caldera sunset boat tour- it was one of the highlights of our trip. We had a wonderful dinner at Metaxi Mas.

We didn’t expect to fall in love with Crete but we did and wish we actually had had longer than our 5 nights so that we could have spent some time in Chania. We originally were booked at Blue Palace but switched to Domes of Elounda on the advice of other FTs. We booked a beautiful 2 BR View Villa. The Villas are part of Haute Living which is the Ultra Luxury section of the hotel- with bespoke services and benefits- Very worth it. https://www.domesofelounda.com/haute-living/

We really enjoyed our private tour of the Palace of Knossos and the Museum in Iraklion- and our boat ride to Spinalonga. We had a few lovely meals in Elounda and Plaka but also ventured out to little authentic restaurants that we really enjoyed.

Our trip to Greece exceeded our expectations- we found the people to be some of the warmest and most welcoming we have met on our travels.
Great report. It is easy to fall in love with Crete. I have been going since 1970 almost always to Eastern Crete staying in the Aghios Nikolaos/ Elounda area. We are going back next April to celebrate my husband's 75th. We rented a villa ( for the first time) above Domes.
damon88 likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2018, 5:38 pm

david55, if OP included stay at astir, would you still do at least 1 night more central in athens?
I would never stay at the Astir unless it was only about staying in a FS hotel. You can get plenty of beach, sea, coastal experiences, and deluxe accommodations on the islands and elsewhere. Athens ( to me) is all about the city: it's archaeological sites, museums, gardens, and great restaurants and generally good vibes and not staying 30 minutes outside it.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 11:29 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Four Seasons Athens Astir is now taking reservations for it's 2019 Spring opening. Rates start around Euro 770.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by christianj
Four Seasons Athens Astir is now taking reservations for it's 2019 Spring opening. Rates start around Euro 770.
Odd, I was told rates start at around 300 EUR. Online reservations seem to confirm that.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 2:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Originally Posted by scented
Odd, I was told rates start at around 300 EUR. Online reservations seem to confirm that.
Online rates seem to confirm the 300 you were told or the 700+ I mentioned? I was looking at June 24-26 and Euro 768 was the cheapest available.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.